Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    oh look we cockblocked you most important quest this expansion behind usless piece of junk tool that shipyard is and now we can claim how succesful it is cause all you idiots are forced to go through it - such a succes -_- /blizz :/

- - - Updated - - -

thats cause you dont need lv 3 shipyard for completion retarded legendary missions from what i know :/ so next to nobody will bother with it
    You need lvl 3 for the final legendary ship mission, unless they hotfixed it, but you have to complete all the legendary quests for the ring, one of which is the quest that requires 25 treasure missions and lvl 3 shipyard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Österreich or Austria for the english speaking
    yeah the diablo lich king

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 3 level 3 shipyards and will likely get it on a couple other toons ... I have several that dont have any oil. I dont have time to do tanaan on all 11 toons, and keep them all stocked with oil. but then, I have only unlocked tanaan on 6
    Last edited by zrankfappa; 2015-07-22 at 10:27 AM.

It's safe to say the shipyard is a colossal failure. I'm only doing it to get the legendary then fuck that place. It's also making me refuse to play my alts now since there is no way I'm doing it again on them for the legendary. Without the legendary there is no point even playing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I love how Illidan turns his head to look at Leoric, in the trailer, when Leoric says 'allies who I know will never betray me', at the end.

Illidan was like: "Um...?"
    Love it. All the characters surrounding him have betrayed their allies in their respected games - I think they all should have looked at him like Illidan did, but it was still great.

Without the legendary there is no point even playing them.
    lol. That's a bit dramatic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by downwitheggs View Post
    I think they all should have looked at him like Illidan did, but it was still great.
    Absolutely seconded. Should have all looked, was still great.

Arthas does tilt his head towards Leoric as well. Unsure about the ones in the background.

The data is screwed up by the fact that Ironsides was busted for so long. I haven't earned the cheev despite having an Epic Transport, and there's no way in hades I'm going to build and level a new transport from scratch just for the cheev.

I hate the shipyard. Which is sad because I love the garrison followers(3 full garrisons of 25 followers all at 675 ilvl). But the fact that my ship blows up upon failure of a mission and is gone forever SUCKS. It's poor game design. Once I get my legendary thing done, I will never play it again. On the contrary, I'll do garrison follower missions for as long as I can. The shipyard is my least favorite thing added to the game since I started playing 6 years ago. I hate it that much.

Those 0.4% of people who completed 25 treasure missions but don't have lvl 3 shipyard - the hell are you doing? I know it's not necessary for anything, but seeing as you already completed the requirements for it, I don't see why you wouldn't just go for it.
    But yeah, the shipyard is meh to me. I don't hate it, but I don't like it, either. I have only bothered to do about 1 naval mission a day after I received my sea chart for the legendary quest.

I wouldn't call the ring Legendary by any means, it's just a glorified epic item.

Legendary to me means = only a few people have it.

I'm curious, if over 20% of active players haven't gotten a level 1 shipyard, what is the reason? It would seem that either those players are refusing to do it, which seems unlikely for such a large chunk, or thats a lot of players that have quit since 6.2 dropped.

Edit- I don't want to come off as someone who says 6.2 hurt WoW, I am actually curious the reasoning though.

WTB Leoric's full armor set and weapon for WoW transmog!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fetju View Post
    I'm curious, if over 20% of active players haven't gotten a level 1 shipyard, what is the reason? It would seem that either those players are refusing to do it, which seems unlikely for such a large chunk, or thats a lot of players that have quit since 6.2 dropped.

Edit- I don't want to come off as someone who says 6.2 hurt WoW, I am actually curious the reasoning though.
    I can imagine a scenario where there are people logging in and doing their garrison stuff, and nothing else. which would make them active, thus showing up in this pool. (But then I am not entirely sure what constitutes "active"). There is certainly a segment of players who have given up on the expansion, but still recognize that the gold that the garrison generates will still be useful if they come back. They have no reason to unlock Tanaan and get themselves a level 1 ship yard.

Ironsides achievement is bugged, and doesn't award credit for Epic Transporters. so the achievement vs the actual owning of all epic ships is not truly correlating.

i got the epic quality ship achieve so that makes me in the top 2 percent

Wooo hooo im awesome lol but in all seriousness its hard not to argue against the fact that the shipyard has been a massive failure.

15+ Year Old Account
    How can you kill a completed shipyard achievement?

I should have my level 3 shipyard on my main in a day or two. Kept avoiding doing treasure missions if I couldn't make them 100% at first, but now, meh. I just put unsinkable on my ships and send them out. Beats constantly swapping out other addons. I just don't do missions below 75%.

As for those without a level 3 shipyard despite finishing the quest, maybe they don't have the resources. My shaman, who's nearly done with the 25 treasure missions, dropped below 2500 resources so now I have to stockpile again to build the level 3 shipyard. Trying to hurry up and finish the quest could have resulted in them losing a lot of ships resulting in more ships having to be built and them then deciding to try to get as close to 100% as possible meaning buying the various addons constantly. Those things aren't cheap. Funny how Blizzard said they'd adjust the price if they found a lot of players swapping out parts, but I haven't seen hide nor hair of them doing so on the PTR. Makes me wonder if many players are either just not bothering or doing what I am (putting unsinkable on every ship). Makes me think if any price is changed, unsinkable will end up 1000-2000 resources instead.

I also find it funny that my druid finished the shipyard legendary quest chain first while I'm still waiting for it on my shaman. My druid also finished it first try with a 77% competition chance (with unsinkable on her ships). People who lose their ships and say it's really 50-50 exaggerate. No one talks about what percentage they succeed at but everyone talks about what they fail at. I had a mission succeed at 36% the other day and I was TRYING to destroy the ships. Didn't work. Funny how when I want to lose a ship, I can't unless I decommission it, but when I don't want to lose a ship, I lose 2!

Breaking news: People don't give a shit about the shipyard.

In other news grass is green and the sky is blue. Stay tuned for more developments.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    I just think it's weird that my alt completed the shipyard portion of the legendary chain a couple days before my main did. Some odd balancing, there. And lots of rng, I guess. Main went two days without another legendary quest proccing.

Incidentally, I find the idea of quitting the shipyard odd for a number of reasons:
    1) i dislike it, but it's essentially loot and resources for Oil, which I am capped on anyway because dailies/oil rig
    2) now that i did the legendary, I don't care about ships sinking. I just stroll over and make another.
    3) it takes me a little bit less time than allocating garrison followers.

So yeah...people ditching it. I get that is a lame feature, but if you have the oil anyway, why not go for free stuff. You know next expansion gold and resources in general are going to be a bitch to get, after all the complaining people did this expac about garrisons. Might as well save up my gold for wow tokens while it's easy
    It's just annoying until you get the level 3 shipyard to have to trot out there to do missions when logging into your alts, really. That and the whole having to rebuild them taking anywhere from 20-60 minutes when you just wanna log into your alts, spam Master Plan and log out to get to the next alt. It's just irritating. That, and the fact that once you get all your ships to epic, half the time the only missions you CAN do are just for worthless XP or yet another BOA Baleful token.

They're just the same thing as garrison missions with more risk and less reward. I probably won't bother once I get all the rare rewards out of it (all BOA rings and Left Shark) save for the occasional gold/apexis mission when they pop.

Edit: Also the factthat 29% of people have completed 25 treasure missions yet only 11% have the upgraded level 3 shipyard shows just how badly designed this system is. The 25 treasure missions required for lvl3 should really be checking the achievement for those of us who accidentally started doing treasure missions before getting that quest. My other level 100 alt is basically hoarding the treasure missions right now until I upgrade to level 2, then I'm going to do all 6 of them sitting on my map at once.
    Last edited by Farabee; 2015-07-22 at 03:10 PM.