What damage does the legendary ring not count?

I got Nithramus today and noticed it didn't seem to count damage from prophecy of fear's doom novas towards its final burst. It also didn't seem to count prismatic crystal damage. Am I imagining things? I did like 600,000 DPS to a trash pull with doom novas but Nithramus only hit for 470k on one mob afterward.

Deleted
    Yes, you're right.
    Neither the damage of doom nova nor the damage dealt TO Prismatic Crystal count towards the ring damage.
    PC was fixed shortly after the first rings were out. But this was necessary as you would otherwise double dip the damage ON and FROM the PC. Only damage dealt from TO* the PC counts, now.
    Regarding Doom Nova, the damage is increased, but we don't know if it's intended that it does not count towards the final explosion. Maybe this will be answered with this tweet. https://twitter.com/_JoeShanahan/sta...14030977437696

For the record, the damage from Darklight Ray (Iskar's trinket) counts! Therefore it may be a bug with Doom Nova.

- - - Updated - - -

And there it is: "Not intended and we're aware. A hotfix is on the way."

* Damage TO PC counts, not FROM.
    * Doom Nova should be fixed.
    Last edited by mmoc8f28c533f3; 2015-07-23 at 06:34 AM.

Deleted
    Hot damn, that means Prophecy is going to be even stronger than it already is for Arcane? Shieeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Deleted
    It looks like the damage dealt TO Prismatic Crystal now counts for the ring instead of the damage FROM it which is kinda bad for bosses like Gorefiend where you deal increased damage to the boss.

PS: The hotfix for Doom Nova should be in.

I can't check anything of these things as I'm still an unhappy mage w/o the ring.

(Just copying answers from this thread http://altered-time.com/forum/viewto...&t=1748#p16389)
    Last edited by mmoc8f28c533f3; 2015-07-24 at 12:00 PM.

1 tome away from ring. Gotta wait till next week
    Intel i5 6600k - Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 - Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 @ 2400Mhz - Asus Strix GTX 1080 - Asus PG279Q - Samsung Evo 850 500GB SSD

I'm assuming all damage except damage dealt by Prismatic Crystal counts. It says "all damage", so I assume non-direct damage (e.g., stuff that wouldn't trigger Doom Nova) counts as well, including Frozen Orb ticks, Fire's DoTs (all of them), Icicles, etc.

PS: I'm curious if the ring would buff Fire dramatically if you got a crazy good Ignite/Combustion and spread it all over. Your contribution to the explosion would be pretty nice, I'd assume, but still not nice enough to play Fire outside those specific fights, of course
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.