Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Boomkin 15% starsurge nerf.

    Why is anything even being changed before anyone is in full gear?

    Am i just an idiot?

    It's like having a professional football team.....comprised of new people....And before they even start to play the game as a team you start dropping players..

    Theres 1 boomkin on US whos actually decent at the game...The rest of them suck. Asbur....So let's nerf that one Boomkin.

    Nevermind the fact that Boomkins were finally in a T1 comp after 3 seasons of never actually being t1....

    I wonder who complained about starsurge.
    I was vsing boomkins in 3s and i had no issue with how much damage they were doing...It was almost like i was a gladiator and knew how to play the game and line of sight and CC at the correct time. It's almost like i play a boomkin myself and i know exactly how to counter one.


    It's almost like Blizzard are taking advice from casual PvPers instead of taking advice from the professionals.

    I mean i'd do the same too....If i asked a random amateur football player about what he could change in Football....I'd take his advice any day over Lionel Messi's or Cristiano Ronaldo's. That's a brilliant design. Essentially saying to the highest rated players that they don't know anything about the game and the people who do are the players who haven't played the game at the highest level.

    Ty Holinka and Lore. Much Appreciated. Guess it's time to stop doing PvP again.
    Also just a hint. Barkskin is a pretty useless cooldown. Always has been. But you wouldn't know that because you've never played at 2800 rating vsing people who don't make any mistakes at all.

    In b4 1500 players come into the thread to complain about how they got globaled by a boomkin....Which is odd because if you got globaled then my starsurge should've been hitting for 500k + Since that's how much health people have.

    Why are these knee jerk nerfs/responses made so quickly after player complaints?
    Last edited by Jensxo; 2015-07-24 at 06:10 AM.

  2. #2
    Cool story but starsurge 150k hits, being an ability istant, no man, that not skill, that is press botton kill. Sorry, its time to adapt or reroll.

  3. #3
    Deleted


    maybe because of crying like this (he was already at 50% but what the hell, nerf! )...the sad part is that moonkin is actually pretty meh in PvP, if you dont crit with that starsurge your damage is total shit (70k in video? thats 210k in 3 globals, enemy at 50% and then what? 2,5sec starfire for 80k dmg?)

    Given moonkins overall toolkit this nerf is an overkill, didnt we just get overall 4% nerf to everything in 6.2? And dont forget 15% healing nerf, that doesnt help either.

  4. #4
    Didn't expect the change, but glad they decided to do it. Starsurge burst was retarded, no matter how good or bad moonkin overall performance is right now.

    Another retarded oneshot thing like that is Siegebreaker with all cooldowns popped. Needs to be fixed too.

  5. #5
    Muh starsurge.

    Sucks we got nerfed (for the 17th time this expansion)

  6. #6
    Pandaren Monk Tyrannica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    1,753
    Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Balance

    [Hotfix in testing] Starsurge now deals 15% less damage in PvP combat.


    Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Affliction

    Haunt now deals 25% less damage in PvP combat.
    simply another RBG nerfs. Devs like to nerf all the fun specs first. I hate nerfs when it hits specialised classes that only really work well in 1 bracket and suck in others, at least they could give boomkins a compensation so they do better when in a focus in arenas. This just feels bad. Same can be said about wl demon spec and shadow priests.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Naturalna View Post


    maybe because of crying like this (he was already at 50% but what the hell, nerf! )...the sad part is that moonkin is actually pretty meh in PvP, if you dont crit with that starsurge your damage is total shit (70k in video? thats 210k in 3 globals, enemy at 50% and then what? 2,5sec starfire for 80k dmg?)

    Given moonkins overall toolkit this nerf is an overkill, didnt we just get overall 4% nerf to everything in 6.2? And dont forget 15% healing nerf, that doesnt help either.
    1 week ago on a wow facebook group, 100% of the pvp people there said boomkins suck ass...and i tried to convience them they are actually decent and have a good use (in rbgs) i propably should reconsider this now.

    i mean wth.....it appears, the boomkin got nerfed, b/c he is suspected to be a weak spec by the opinion of the majority of people? And most importantly recent nerfs are based ONLY on rbgs, so showing arena vids...is no use. remember shadow cascade nerf. shadow, boomkin and affliction lock all were the top reigning dds in rbgs, and quite trash in arenas.

    - - - Updated - - -

    lol, btw i played rogue/mage comps since cata, its the most powerful double dd comb in the game and borderline op. Of course boomkin must be nerfed if that comp fails so hard.

    and 15% starsurge nerf will definately fix the flood of boomkins in 2s.

    /endsarcasm

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    Didn't expect the change, but glad they decided to do it. Starsurge burst was retarded, no matter how good or bad moonkin overall performance is right now.

    Another retarded oneshot thing like that is Siegebreaker with all cooldowns popped. Needs to be fixed too.
    That's a really odd statement to make....So if a spec is actually not performing that well but it has really high burst....Your still going to nerf the burst but not address the other issues that are wrong with the spec? That doesn't seem odd to you at all?


    It's also funny how their are so many classes that have been doing this since forever and when people cried for nerfs for them....It never happened.

    And now when there is literally only 1 moonkin on US who actually competes at a high rating. They decide to nerf it?

    Where were the nerfs when mage ice lance was hitting people for 30% of their hp?
    I don't mean to talk shit about Ven but the boomkin popped his cooldowns? Does ven just think he has a lot of time to just "sit" there without being touched? If i was ven i would've just instantly blocked? As soon as i saw the boomy pop his cd's....The same way when a warrior pops his reck i immediately use barkskin.

    The same way when an enhance pops ascendance on me i immediately use barkskin....
    The same way when a mage deeps me and comets/nova's me....I've popped barkskin the second i get deeped...

    You can't be conservative with your cooldowns.


    Like what is he actually doing....The mage has blocked so theyre clearly not going to kill the mage...he's just jumping around and then hes suprised when he dies from 30-0....

    Yes it's a lot of damage but tbh if it was me. I would've iceblocked as soon as i saw the first surge hit knowing full well that i was in the boomy LOS.

    And i know i sound like a massive dick here and that im trying to defend my own spec. I have yet to be globaled by a boomkin like that. I've been hit hard from a boomkin but i prepare for it before hand. I don't stand in the open on ruins of lordaeron against double caster.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by huerohueroxxx View Post
    Cool story but starsurge 150k hits, being an ability istant, no man, that not skill, that is press botton kill. Sorry, its time to adapt or reroll.
    It's time to adapt or reroll....I was one of the 3 boomkins on US who got glad who had to play triple dps in season 14 because of how terrible boomkins were..
    We did such little damage that we had to rely on 2 other dps in a comp to get kills. Don't tell me to adapt or reroll....The amount of times i've been told to reroll because Boomkins aren't viable is disgusting.

    The one time we are actually t1 we just get dropped down again.
    We finally got to punish people for bad positioning for once and we get nerfed.

    You know what else takes skill? Maybe pressing your immunity cooldown when you see on your on 32% hp and a Boomkin has his 3 min cooldowns up. Can't afford to be conservative with defensive CD's anymore.
    Last edited by Jensxo; 2015-07-24 at 08:25 AM.

  8. #8
    I like all the ego and comparison of wow arenas to football.

    You realize that gladiator is .5% of the arena population only in 3v3 right? Now if the majority of the arena community bad or otherwise feel that starsurge is too strong and the developers of the game (holinka and lore are not tasked with this decision) feel that it is a problem in pvp they will nerf it.

    If you want to complain about a change can you please leave other players out of your shit-spewing, or maybe venruki the blizzcon competitor is really just a "1500 scrub" and should L2P too.

  9. #9
    Deleted
    Wait, they nerfed an ability that under certain circumstances which are not that rare could be used to potentially 2 shot players in rated pvp?! Omg, why?!

  10. #10
    Deleted
    Good. Feels good dipping under 2700 when boomkins get to rng all over you without any counterplay with instants

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by HiYouCanCallMeBen View Post
    Good. Feels good dipping under 2700 when boomkins get to rng all over you without any counterplay with instants
    Is there actually any counterplay left in WOD at all? Isn't that why people have just stopped playing all together.
    Counters are incredibly hard to beat now.
    Rotations are incredibly basic and so dependent on RNG so idk where your logic is coming from.


    It's fun just getting pve'd on my a DK who hasn't so many ways to be immune to CC...Little counterplay there...
    It's fun when a frost mage just ice nova's you twice - No counterplay there.

    People are acting like Moonkins are the only ones right now who have instant cast spells and do retarded damage. Everyone does pretty retarded damage. But ofcourse....Let's nerf the one spec that so few people actually play. Logic/10


    Btw to my previous post Dreadneos - Venruki is clearly an amazing player...I'm not telling him to L2P....Just from my point of view from watching that.
    I don't understand why he is in the open against double caster....I don't understand why he would think that he was "safe" at 30% hp when a moonkin had his cooldowns + trinkets rolling.

    Burst is obviously an issue. It always has been in this game.

    The point that im trying to make is - Where were the nerfs for other classes when people were getting globaled.

    The second that a boomkin globals someone it's just an instant knee jerk reaction of - Nerf. Nerf this immediately. And it makes it even worse when they change something before anyone is even in full gear. How can you properly get all the data required to make a decision when the season hasn't actually "started" in a sense.

    I'm all for nerfing starsurge if it's globaling people in full gear. If everyone else is globaling people in full gear though then i don't think it warrants a nerf. Idk if people can understand my train of thought here.

    It seems incredibly odd to nerf a spec at the start of a season when no one is fully geared. Who knows? What happens when mages get fully geared and end up globaling people with Ice nova? will that get nerfed as quick as starsurge did? Probably not. Clearly people can understand my frustration.

    They are playing 2's...as well - I don't think that ven would've died like that in 3s if he had a healer. The game is incredibly different in 2s.

  12. #12
    Pandaren Monk Lulbalance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Barely Duelist
    Posts
    1,939
    Quote Originally Posted by Sussex View Post
    Muh starsurge.

    Sucks we got nerfed (for the 17th time this expansion)
    Are you being serious?! no instant ranged spell should be hitting people for 150k.. 15% is actually a light nerf.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jensxo View Post
    Like what is he actually doing....The mage has blocked so theyre clearly not going to kill the mage...he's just jumping around and then hes suprised when he dies from 30-0....
    you're right man.. you should email him and offer to teach him how to mage, you could probably help him alot!

    whether he blocked or not.. that ability shouldnt be hitting that hard. you gonna burn a block in 3s like that if you get hit with a starsurge? boomie trinket proc for block, yea good trade.

  13. #13
    Very good nerf, but 15% is not enough really. Still gonna hit for 120k+

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    Are you being serious?! no instant ranged spell should be hitting people for 150k.. 15% is actually a light nerf.

    - - - Updated - - -



    you're right man.. you should email him and offer to teach him how to mage, you could probably help him alot!

    whether he blocked or not.. that ability shouldnt be hitting that hard. you gonna burn a block in 3s like that if you get hit with a starsurge? boomie trinket proc for block, yea good trade.
    It shows how aware you are when you just think that the Boomy had "trinket proc".....
    The boomkin clearly had Celestial Alignment up obviously.

    When you say "whether he blocked or not" That's entirely what PvP is about. Predicting and knowing when to use your defensives....in this video - He did die very quickly...i admit that....But i still think he had time to block. I don't genuinely understand why he thought that being in LOS of a boomkin with cooldowns rolling + trinket proc wouldn't warrant to use one of your defensives?

    And Yes - In a 2's match....If someone pops their cd's on me....MAJORITY of the time i'm going to have to play defensive or atleast use one of my defensives...So i'm not entirely sure what your point is here. It did also hit him for 123k....no where near 150k.

    And my whole point about this is how quickly it was nerfed......What about how much damage other classes are doing? People are acting like Boomkins are the single spec right now that is doing retarded damage?

    As i've said like 10x in this thread now. The fact that no one is in full gear yet and they've decided to change something.....seems incredibly Odd to me?

    What happens when we are all in full gear and Boomkins hit like a wet noodle with starsurge? What are you going to say then? Maybe they shouldn't have nerfed it before everyone was in full gear? It's just common sense isn't it?

    I'd be 100% fine if they nerfed it when everyone is in full gear and it seems to really start happening constantly. I've been killed by a fury warrior in under 2 seconds? Do you think im asking for a nerf? Ofcourse not. It doesn't happen often. It's the same with every class that is competitive in arena. Do you mean to tell me that you've never randomly killed someone incredibly quickly for no apparent reason?
    Last edited by Jensxo; 2015-07-24 at 11:56 AM.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensxo View Post
    That's a really odd statement to make....So if a spec is actually not performing that well but it has really high burst....Your still going to nerf the burst but not address the other issues that are wrong with the spec? That doesn't seem odd to you at all?


    It's also funny how their are so many classes that have been doing this since forever and when people cried for nerfs for them....It never happened.

    And now when there is literally only 1 moonkin on US who actually competes at a high rating. They decide to nerf it?

    Where were the nerfs when mage ice lance was hitting people for 30% of their hp?
    I don't mean to talk shit about Ven but the boomkin popped his cooldowns? Does ven just think he has a lot of time to just "sit" there without being touched? If i was ven i would've just instantly blocked? As soon as i saw the boomy pop his cd's....The same way when a warrior pops his reck i immediately use barkskin.

    The same way when an enhance pops ascendance on me i immediately use barkskin....
    The same way when a mage deeps me and comets/nova's me....I've popped barkskin the second i get deeped...

    You can't be conservative with your cooldowns.


    Like what is he actually doing....The mage has blocked so theyre clearly not going to kill the mage...he's just jumping around and then hes suprised when he dies from 30-0....

    Yes it's a lot of damage but tbh if it was me. I would've iceblocked as soon as i saw the first surge hit knowing full well that i was in the boomy LOS.

    And i know i sound like a massive dick here and that im trying to defend my own spec. I have yet to be globaled by a boomkin like that. I've been hit hard from a boomkin but i prepare for it before hand. I don't stand in the open on ruins of lordaeron against double caster.

    - - - Updated - - -
    All I'm saying is no one should have access to oneshots. Not even the worst shit spec in the game. Something you can not react to as an opponent. Moonkin does not have great issues that need fixing. They have a top tier comp (Mage/Boomkin/Paladin) that works great. Sure they might have issues and other specs might be better but they are viable.

  16. #16
    Deleted
    These changes were probably made because the tournaments are played in full gear, and there starsurge was even more retarded.

    Also, starsurge has no counterplay since it's instant and should design-wise be an ability that hits for low damage. Starfire and wrath should deal the real damage.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensxo View Post
    It's time to adapt or reroll....I was one of the 3 boomkins on US who got glad who had to play triple dps in season 14 because of how terrible boomkins were..
    We did such little damage that we had to rely on 2 other dps in a comp to get kills. Don't tell me to adapt or reroll....The amount of times i've been told to reroll because Boomkins aren't viable is disgusting.

    The one time we are actually t1 we just get dropped down again.
    We finally got to punish people for bad positioning for once and we get nerfed.

    You know what else takes skill? Maybe pressing your immunity cooldown when you see on your on 32% hp and a Boomkin has his 3 min cooldowns up. Can't afford to be conservative with defensive CD's anymore.
    Good for you, but boomies hit very hard and a nerf was kinda expected and you as one of the guys should know that.

    You sound mad tho..

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    All I'm saying is no one should have access to oneshots. Not even the worst shit spec in the game. Something you can not react to as an opponent. Moonkin does not have great issues that need fixing. They have a top tier comp (Mage/Boomkin/Paladin) that works great. Sure they might have issues and other specs might be better but they are viable.
    He didn't technically get 1 shot either.....BM hunter bug was actually getting 1 shot...You literally got deleted from the game instantly....In this video it seems a bit slower than that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by spelgubbe View Post
    These changes were probably made because the tournaments are played in full gear, and there starsurge was even more retarded.

    Also, starsurge has no counterplay since it's instant and should design-wise be an ability that hits for low damage. Starfire and wrath should deal the real damage.
    So if we have no real Instant cast damage...How do i punish a melee who isn't in LOS of his healer? According to you - Hardcast a 3 second starfire? That is incredibly easy to LOS considering all the movement speed and mobility that Melee have nowadays?
    Like it or not. Casters need some sort of instant cast damage that causes a melee to watch his positioning. Last season I noticed rogues just wailing on me without any care in the world if they were out of LOS of their healer or if their healer was in CC.

    There are so many abilities in this game that do damage and have no counterplay....Stop acting like Boomkins are the only ones in the game with this sort of stuff. You wanna know why people loved MOP......

    Name one spec in the last season of MOP that couldn't reach gladiator.
    Name one spec in the last season of MOP that couldn't actually global someone with procs/crits if they got lucky?
    In that sense it made everyone "balanced"...it made each game incredibly fast paced because you always had to be aware of whether or not you could randomly get 1 shot....Emphasis on positioning was a lot more important.

    I am thoroughly not enjoying the fact that as a boomkin i really only have 1 decent viable comp that i can play whereas in MOP i had atleast 3-4 comps like most other classes that were gladiator viable.
    Last edited by Jensxo; 2015-07-24 at 12:14 PM.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensxo View Post
    He didn't technically get 1 shot either.....BM hunter bug was actually getting 1 shot...You literally got deleted from the game instantly....In this video it seems a bit slower than that.
    The video does not matter. I've died several times through dispersion (on the fly spells go through when you cast dispersion after the cast goes off) and I've seen a lot players get globaled by boomkins. Technically it's not a oneshot. It's a global, unpredictable and because of that not balanced. Just like rng "oneshots" from elemental shaman was in the last mop season.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jensxo View Post
    So if we have no real Instant cast damage...How do i punish a melee who isn't in LOS of his healer? According to you - Hardcast a 3 second starfire? That is incredibly easy to LOS considering all the movement speed and mobility that Melee have nowadays?
    Like it or not. Casters need some sort of instant cast damage that causes a melee to watch his positioning. Last season I noticed rogues just wailing on me without any care in the world if they were out of LOS of their healer or if their healer was in CC.

    There are so many abilities in this game that do damage and have no counterplay....Stop acting like Boomkins are the only ones in the game with this sort of stuff. You wanna know why people loved MOP......

    Name one spec in the last season of MOP that couldn't reach gladiator.
    Name one spec in the last season of MOP that couldn't actually global someone with procs/crits if they got lucky?
    In that sense it made everyone "balanced"...it made each game incredibly fast paced because you always had to be aware of whether or not you could randomly get 1 shot....Emphasis on positioning was a lot more important.

    I am thoroughly not enjoying the fact that as a boomkin i really only have 1 decent viable comp that i can play whereas in MOP i had atleast 3-4 comps like most other classes that were gladiator viable.
    I agree with you on this one. Melee has far too high mobility, instants are needed in the current gameplay. Starsurge just hits too hard for an instant.

  20. #20
    15% seems low. Moonkins do insane damage and barely have to cast.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •