Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

What was the worst date you've ever been on?

TL;DR:
    • What was one of your worst dating experiences?
    • How old were the two of you when you went on it?
    • How'd you meet and who set it up?
    • Why was it bad? (awkward/no connection/etc)

I've been trying my luck at the dating scene lately and recently had some luck with a girl which I've been pretty happy about.

Getting to this point though was pretty exciting as I went on a lot of dates with a lot of different personalities... some were good but a large amount were just awful... So I'm interested to hear some of MMO-Cs dating experiences were like. Good or bad they always lead to some interesting stories.
    The world isn't as bad as you think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really "date" but worst 1 month relationship was with this girl I met in High School.

First 2 weeks were great, then she turned out to be fucking balls to the walls crazy.

Like, I had to Skype with here every day, and when it was time to go to bed, she would cry every time because she was scared I'd die in my sleep.

Wat.

Anyways, never went on any "dates".

I was 26, met this pretty little thing at a store, got her number. A few days later we go out on the date. She orders Diet Pepsi, waiter brings her Pepsi. OMG the way she over reacted freaking me out. she immediately acted like a child who just ate a brussels sprout. I sunk low in the booth hoping no one saw me

After the date I was dropping her off and she invited me go to up (hey why not) sitting on her bed I noticed a bottle of pills and asked her what they was for "Oh that's my bipolar medication" Well that explained a lot I thought to myself...

When I first started only dating I went out with a girl, we were waiting in line for a movie. She mention how she had a lot of boyfriends. I thought okay, that's fine. Then she mentioned how they sneak in through her window. Okay. Then she started talking about how these "boyfriends" would pay her.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    When I first started only dating I went out with a girl, we were waiting in line for a movie. She mention how she had a lot of boyfriends. I thought okay, that's fine. Then she mentioned how they sneak in through her window. Okay. Then she started talking about how these "boyfriends" would pay her.
    Did you pull out a 20? I would have

What's dates? That's when you ask somebody if they wanna do something fun and they say sure just not with you cus you're icky?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had a few bad ones.

The first was a girl I met in college. When I came to pick her up, she was in the middle of wrestling with her male roommate in their bedroom. While at dinner, she told me all about how her father was an alcoholic, she didn't speak at all for the first 12 years of her life, instead using sign language, how her sister got pregnant as a teen, and once the baby was born, she became psychotic, ran away from home, and was later locked in a mental institution, but her boyfriend stayed at their family's house to raise the baby. She mentioned when we got back to her place that she doesn't really believe in monogamy either. There was a lot more to it than that, but there's the cliff's notes.

The second was a couple years ago. I was meeting a girl I met on OK Cupid at a restaurant at 7 PM. I got there at 6:45. When 7:30 rolled around, she texted me and apologized that she was going to be late. I said fine, ordered a margarita, and opened up an ebook on my phone. When 8:15 rolled around, she said she was still stuck in traffic and would be a while longer. She finally arrived at 9 PM. She was super hot. She revealed that she was a WoW player, which I wasn't expecting, but then she went on to mention that her favorite parts of the game were trolling trade chat, and intentionally infiltrating guilds to form cliques of men who all thought that she was into them alone, then using that to cause guild drama and break the guilds up. She was surprised when I didn't want a second date.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a date with a "cop" off of a dating site a few years ago. The beginning of the date went swell. The conversation was wonderful.

Everything was fine until he mentions my sister....

I have yet to mention my sister at all during our previous conversations.
    I asked him how he knew about this and he said he was able to look up my "file". He knew my maiden name, my past tickets and accidents, and way more about my family that I was comfortable with.

I don't know how that is legal and if anyone could explain it to me that would be great.

That was the longest and worst date of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I've had a few bad ones.

The first was a girl I met in college. When I came to pick her up, she was in the middle of wrestling with her male roommate in their bedroom. While at dinner, she told me all about how her father was an alcoholic, she didn't speak at all for the first 12 years of her life, instead using sign language, how her sister got pregnant as a teen, and once the baby was born, she became psychotic, ran away from home, and was later locked in a mental institution, but her boyfriend stayed at their family's house to raise the baby. She mentioned when we got back to her place that she doesn't really believe in monogamy either. There was a lot more to it than that, but there's the cliff's notes.

The second was a couple years ago. I was meeting a girl I met on OK Cupid at a restaurant at 7 PM. I got there at 6:45. When 7:30 rolled around, she texted me and apologized that she was going to be late. I said fine, ordered a margarita, and opened up an ebook on my phone. When 8:15 rolled around, she said she was still stuck in traffic and would be a while longer. She finally arrived at 9 PM. She was super hot. She revealed that she was a WoW player, which I wasn't expecting, but then she went on to mention that her favorite parts of the game were trolling trade chat, and intentionally infiltrating guilds to form cliques of men who all thought that she was into them alone, then using that to cause guild drama and break the guilds up. She was surprised when I didn't want a second date.
    Very interesting. I forget there are people out there like this sometimes.

My worst date was probably when I was 15~, still shy. I met this girl that went to our neighboring high school. I met her through my friend. We talked on the phone for a while before we met, and it went well. When we met, though, she was very quiet, reserved, and expected me to do everything. She expressed her displeasure frequently. It was extremely awkward and uncomfortable. She wasn't that great looking anyway, glad it didn't work out.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't really have any bad dating experiences, I've only ever been with one person. We met when we were still in school when we were 15 and now we're married.
    Last edited by Ina; 2015-07-30 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I was 26, met this pretty little thing at a store, got her number. A few days later we go out on the date. She orders Diet Pepsi, waiter brings her Pepsi. OMG the way she over reacted freaking me out. she immediately acted like a child who just ate a brussels sprout. I sunk low in the booth hoping no one saw me

After the date I was dropping her off and she invited me go to up (hey why not) sitting on her bed I noticed a bottle of pills and asked her what they was for "Oh that's my bipolar medication" Well that explained a lot I thought to myself...
    While I may not flip out, I do get upset when I order a diet and get a regular. Being diabetic there is an impact, and having drank diet for almost 30 years now, I can taste the difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    While I may not flip out, I do get upset when I order a diet and get a regular. Being diabetic there is an impact, and having drank diet for almost 30 years now, I can taste the difference.
    Regular Coke is vile. I would definitely ask for a replacement.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueKueen View Post
    I had a date with a "cop" off of a dating site a few years ago. The beginning of the date went swell. The conversation was wonderful.

Everything was fine until he mentions my sister....

I have yet to mention my sister at all during our previous conversations.
    I asked him how he knew about this and he said he was able to look up my "file". He knew my maiden name, my past tickets and accidents, and way more about my family that I was comfortable with.

I don't know how that is legal and if anyone could explain it to me that would be great.

That was the longest and worst date of my life.
    Fusion Centers? Homeland Security thing where various law enforcement agencies can look up people that might be a danger to public safety or spy on people either or.

On topic, I' am afraid of girls

10+ Year Old Account
    OP sounds like some interrogation.. lol
    never had a bad date.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Fusion Centers? Homeland Security thing where various law enforcement agencies can look up people that might be a danger to public safety or spy on people either or.

On topic, I' am afraid of girls
    I guess that explains it. I have no idea how someone could think that would be an okay thing to do on a date.

Don't be afraid! We don't bite!

10+ Year Old Account
    Worst date, was ment to meet a woman for a dinner, she didn't appear. Was about 4 years ago.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I was bartending when this woman who was a few years older than me at the time (She was 25, I was 22) sits at the bar alone at the restaurant I'm working at. We talk for a bit while she has some happy hour food and drink, and well, she's really, really hot, so I tell her we should grab a drink after I get off.

We go to a proper dive, and talk some more. She starts talking about metaphysics (basically BS philosophy) and I kind of keep my mouth shut about my opinions and just say things like "oh, cool" etc... I wasn't looking for anything long term, just a lay, and she was hot. Anyways, the conversation goes into movies and she wants me to watch I Heart Huckabees (deals with metaphysics to an extent). So I'm down. Movie, been drinking, will probably get laid tonight.

She comes over, we lay on the couch and pop the movie in. We make out a bit and she stops for a second and asks for some wine. So I get her some from the kitchen we drink our wine while watching the movie. Now, this is important, when we were at blockbuster renting the movie, she got some swedish fish candy. No big deal.

Big fucking deal. After she finishes her glass, she asks for more wine, I go get some, and come back and she's sticking all these swedish fish to my walls making designs and patterns. This happened extremely quick. They're white walls, the fish are staining the walls, and I say that she should stop that (i said it very niceley, I was looking to get laid), she freaked the hell out, said she can do what she wants, spills her red wine on the f-ing carpet, and starts screaming. She gets on the floor and won't get up and is basically pouting like a 5 year old. It's ridiculous.

After a very long time of trying to calm her down, I'm at a loss. I physically pick her up, put her out in the hallway, and throw her jacket over the balcony so she can pick it up off the ground outside.

Nope, nope, nope.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had a date that turned bad, but wasn't bad as such.
    Was all nice and dandy, had dinner, watched a movie together.. Then the obligatory jump into the sack.
    The sex was good too.. until she fell horribly ill all of a sudden during the action..
    Was so bad, that we got to the nearby hospital where it turned out that she had suffered a mild heart attack.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grimsanta View Post
    I was bartending when this woman who was a few years older than me at the time (She was 25, I was 22) sits at the bar alone at the restaurant I'm working at. We talk for a bit while she has some happy hour food and drink, and well, she's really, really hot, so I tell her we should grab a drink after I get off.

We go to a proper dive, and talk some more. She starts talking about metaphysics (basically BS philosophy) and I kind of keep my mouth shut about my opinions and just say things like "oh, cool" etc... I wasn't looking for anything long term, just a lay, and she was hot. Anyways, the conversation goes into movies and she wants me to watch I Heart Huckabees (deals with metaphysics to an extent). So I'm down. Movie, been drinking, will probably get laid tonight.

She comes over, we lay on the couch and pop the movie in. We make out a bit and she stops for a second and asks for some wine. So I get her some from the kitchen we drink our wine while watching the movie. Now, this is important, when we were at blockbuster renting the movie, she got some swedish fish candy. No big deal.

Big fucking deal. After she finishes her glass, she asks for more wine, I go get some, and come back and she's sticking all these swedish fish to my walls making designs and patterns. This happened extremely quick. They're white walls, the fish are staining the walls, and I say that she should stop that (i said it very niceley, I was looking to get laid), she freaked the hell out, said she can do what she wants, spills her red wine on the f-ing carpet, and starts screaming. She gets on the floor and won't get up and is basically pouting like a 5 year old. It's ridiculous.

After a very long time of trying to calm her down, I'm at a loss. I physically pick her up, put her out in the hallway, and throw her jacket over the balcony so she can pick it up off the ground outside.

Nope, nope, nope.
    Its funny that I can tell how long ago this date was when you mentioned blockbusters. XD I'm sorry you had to go through with all that crazy.

Went out with a girl on our first date who claimed she had a fetish where she has a guy locked up and slowly cuts off each of his fingers and toes, also laughed haughtily about animal suffering.

Was a paranoid walk home from that.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh