Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Little help with Xhul'Horac

Just trying to up my dps on this particular fight. I have 2p, but not 4p. I do great on every other fight in the raid, but when I get to Xhul I crash. Don't have any logs to show, I'll take some next week when we go back if needed, but my question is really more about how to approach the fight.

Currently I'm doing it as destro. I stun imps and try and FnB them, but I just don't feel like its working out like it should especially once we have everything active (I'm moving a tad more than I'd like). But is that the general consensus for Xhul is just Pound the big add, FnB the imps, Havoc onto the boss or add depending on if its SB or CB and if I'm going from imps or big add? How much do I need to focus on the void adds (little ones)? This is what I've been attempting but my numbers have been shit, maybe its just a lack of experience on the fight. Seems like Mages, Hunters and DKs crush that fight.

I had thought about going Affliction and just pounding the big add and treating it like a 4 mob council fight.

Still any help or tips on what you guys do on the fight would be awesome.

Thanks in advance. Oh, non-Mythic because I am not awesome.

Big adds and boss share health, so doesn't really matter which of them you hit. At least they do on mythic, I imagine its the same on heroic.

Depends on your raid but on heroic the imps usually melt faster than is worth bothering with as destro and the melee should be more than sufficient on their own for them, the voidfiends are your highest priority target.

So just havoc where appropriate and make sure the fiends die and that's basically the fight.

Movement etc is gonna come down to your raids strat.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Have 3 embers when the imps spawn, so you can aoe fast. Havoc shadowburns off them if you can. Havoc on cooldown because you can always get some free damage from it.

Akellion and Omnus are 1 level lower, so they suppress 1% less of your crit, so if you have to single target its a very minor gain to go on them.

If you just care about the meters, aoeing the imps is obviously better than killing voidfiends, but it's probably better to focus the voidfiends because they can wipe you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuux View Post
    If you just care about the meters, aoeing the imps is obviously better than killing voidfiends, but it's probably better to focus the voidfiends because they can wipe you.
    Voidfiends are harmless and can be slowly whittled away by dots and ranged with shit AoE. You can also Havoc them and Shadowburn off imps, which will be just as good as sitting on them to begin with.

Imps, on the other hand, need to die asap. Destruction Warlocks are one of the best specs for imp murdering.

Killing Imps as Destruction is definitely not meters padding there.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2015-08-02 at 07:23 AM.

I'd say it depends on what your raid group asks you to do (and yes for sure that isn't always good for the raid or us!) For my guild the priority for ranged is Imps>Voids>Adds>Boss. We are usually melee light so perhaps that makes the difference.

But yeah it's about planning. Have embers and Havoc ready to rock and having a DK or 2 makes it much easier. Snipe SBs (and ideally with Havoc coverage).

As Affliction you would be so poor on the Imps which are the biggest threat to our raid group anyhow.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sorry if i am misunderstanding something...
    If 2 bosses (or a boss and add) share health, isn't it optimal to dps BOTH? Meaning, if you dont havoc the imps, havoc boss and CB add?

I'm having similar issues on this fight, as well. I'm ranking in the 90th percentile for every fight except this one. I'm usually down in the 40-50th percentile. I'll definitely be watching this thread to see if I can pick up any tips.

maybe try the fight as aff and change your personal target priority on heroic. when the 2 big adds are out keep dots going on them/boss and when the voidcallers come out make them your number 1 priority while keeping dots on the boss. its not worth it to touch the imps with all the melee on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Elixirs View Post
    I'm having similar issues on this fight, as well. I'm ranking in the 90th percentile for every fight except this one. I'm usually down in the 40-50th percentile. I'll definitely be watching this thread to see if I can pick up any tips.
    On this fight specifically I wouldn't look at percentiles as a way to judge your performance. Look at what your raid has tasked you to do, then load up those 90+ percentile parses and see if they're doing the same job you are.

My specific job on this fight as a warlock, and we have two of them, is to kill the voidfiends. That's it. So I'm normally #1 on voidfiends by quite a large margin. I don't do so hot percentile wise because I'm not bombing the imps with FnB CBs every time they come up. I might get 2 havoc'd SBs up but that's about it.

When I look at myself and my crappy ranks compared to those warlocks who are on imp burn duty full time, I'm more than doubling if not more of their voidfiend damage, because they have different assignments than I do.

Just kill boss the way your raid leader asks you to kill boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramad View Post
    On this fight specifically I wouldn't look at percentiles as a way to judge your performance. Look at what your raid has tasked you to do, then load up those 90+ percentile parses and see if they're doing the same job you are.

My specific job on this fight as a warlock, and we have two of them, is to kill the voidfiends. That's it. So I'm normally #1 on voidfiends by quite a large margin. I don't do so hot percentile wise because I'm not bombing the imps with FnB CBs every time they come up. I might get 2 havoc'd SBs up but that's about it.

When I look at myself and my crappy ranks compared to those warlocks who are on imp burn duty full time, I'm more than doubling if not more of their voidfiend damage, because they have different assignments than I do.

Just kill boss the way your raid leader asks you to kill boss.
    This pretty much. Top logs for destro on Xhul are all logs of people going ham on the imps, but they don't damage the voidfiends that much. I did almost double the damage on the voidfiends as other top scoring locks on our first kill on mythic tonight, and didn't bother with imps too much other than ember regen if the voidfiends were up, and as expected, i parsed terribly low for doing that. Aside of that, parsing on progress kills is pointless.

Deleted
    for hc, you'd do more meaningful dps by dpsing the voidfiends imo. melee can easily handle the imps, unless you're a padder, the aoe the imps all the way!

Deleted
    There is a point during this fight where imps and voidfiend spawns will overlap, it's pretty crucial you AoE the imps, havoc onto the voidfiend and shadowburn those imps, this keeps your imp damage decent whilst getting some good cleave onto the voidfiends - Taking into consideration other peoples damage on them, they'll be at around 20% when you've consumed all havoc charges and then just shadowburn those voidfiends. If you've got downtime where these adds arent up or you don't get an overlap, I havoc from the imps to one of the boss adds, shadowburn cleaving again; this is big for your damage as the big adds share health with the boss as previously mentioned. Other than that, this fight is just about watching timers for when the imps are coming in, pooling 3 embers for this and just be fast with those shadowburn snipes and optimise havoc usage. You'll see an increase in your performance for sure.

Hope it helps,

Tayys - Consequence EU

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if you don't want to move, stand furthest away from Xhul; fel/void surge targets the 5 closest targets to him(other than tanks) #littletips

If your raid doesn't need you to DPS Imps then Affliction will work out well for the Voidfiends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    If your raid doesn't need you to DPS Imps then Affliction will work out well for the Voidfiends.

Where's this information from? Affli won't beat Destro on voidfiends with the havoc potential on them + shadowburns, like they aren't alive long enough to benefit from Affli, it could be better on sustained damage on the big add + boss, but yeah don't feed a guy false information based on what you think.

Here's logs to prove otherwise too, this is from a heroic kill as there are no affliction parses on Xhul mythic available(I wonder why) https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...one&target=142

You can see the destro warlock doing far better on the imps/voidfiends, with affli doing decent on the big adds that share health with the boss.

Hope this clarifies a few things!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayys View Post
    Where's this information from? Affli won't beat Destro on voidfiends with the havoc potential on them + shadowburns, like they aren't alive long enough to benefit from Affli, it could be better on sustained damage on the big add + boss, but yeah don't feed a guy false information based on what you think.

Here's logs to prove otherwise too, this is from a heroic kill as there are no affliction parses on Xhul mythic available(I wonder why) https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...one&target=142

You can see the destro warlock doing far better on the imps/voidfiends, with affli doing decent on the big adds that share health with the boss.

Hope this clarifies a few things!
    This log would seem to back up his claims https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...one&target=191

You can see the affliction lock doing far better on voidfiends then both destro locks combined although the destro locks dumpstered him in imp damage. Things are going to vary based on raid comp/skill/kill time and obviously gear,but to just flat out say affliction is completely inferior is plain silly. Also plz note the ilvl difference of the warlocks and top dmg done to boss/adds/etc ...affliction definitely has it's place on the fight.

Hope this clarifies a few things

Made by dubbelbasse

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    This log would seem to back up his claims https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...one&target=191

You can see the affliction lock doing far better on voidfiends then both destro locks combined although the destro locks dumpstered him in imp damage. Things are going to vary based on raid comp/skill/kill time and obviously gear,but to just flat out say affliction is completely inferior is plain silly. Also plz note the ilvl difference of the warlocks and top dmg done to boss/adds/etc ...affliction definitely has it's place on the fight.

Hope this clarifies a few things
    'like they aren't alive long enough to benefit from Affli' - is what I said, looking at this log the voidfiends are up for more than 40 seconds at some points, this shouldn't happen; It's 100% inferior if the voidfiends are dealt with properly, was my point - if you just let the voidfiends jump around then sure, knock yourself out with Affli l0l

Also, if you don't want to move, stand furthest away from Xhul; fel/void surge targets the 5 closest targets to him(other than tanks) #littletips
    Lots of good information in this thread but holy hell how did I miss this? Let the hunters deal with that crap ������

this is from a heroic kill as there are no affliction parses on Xhul mythic available(I wonder why)
    Because if the voidfiends live long enough for affliction to do decent dmg to them, you'll wipe on mythic. You can probably get away with leaving them up a bit longer on heroic though.

You want both the imps and the voidfiends to be bursted down as quickly as possible on mythic or you'll wipe, which is why the dps allocation that makes the most sense is putting your melee on the imps while your ranged are on the voidfiends.

Having a ranged allocated to imps wouldn't be unheard of if your raid lacks melee, but really the priority order for us should typically be fiends > imps > big adds > boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Because if the voidfiends live long enough for affliction to do decent dmg to them, you'll wipe on mythic. You can probably get away with leaving them up a bit longer on heroic though.

You want both the imps and the voidfiends to be bursted down as quickly as possible on mythic or you'll wipe, which is why the dps allocation that makes the most sense is putting your melee on the imps while your ranged are on the voidfiends.

Having a ranged allocated to imps wouldn't be unheard of if your raid lacks melee, but really the priority order for us should typically be fiends > imps > big adds > boss.
    ya I know, it was a (I wonder why, Kapppppa)

ya I know, it was a (I wonder why, Kapppppa)
    I know you knew, I was saying it for everyone else.