Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Experience as a Community Manager at Blizzard, apparently qualifies for Senior Content Manager at a competitor.

Wish my life was that easy

I think everyone now hates Paul Reissmann, I bet he was the kid that wrote down peoples names who were talking when the teacher walked out of the classroom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Guy had a valid point. It's BS to be kicked from a group because you refused to Cheat/Exploit/Break The Game, however you want to call it.
    how is that cheat/exploit/break the game exactly? The path to skip all thrash mobs existed since the beginning of the expansion, Everbloom is one big playground for players to jump around and ignore trashmobs. All the good CM times in that instance have been done by using those exact "exploits" and blizzard decides all of a sudden to give a fuck because a damn casual got butthurt over "exploiting"?

Quote Originally Posted by alexkardo7 View Post
    how is that cheat/exploit/break the game exactly? The path to skip all thrash mobs existed since the beginning of the expansion, Everbloom is one big playground for players to jump around and ignore trashmobs. All the good CM times in that instance have been done by using those exact "exploits" and blizzard decides all of a sudden to give a fuck because a damn casual got butthurt over "exploiting"?
    Besides the fact you had to kill all the bosses and a specific number of trash mobs its was Just The Same!! Its a good change.

Actually they already fixed some of them before now. There was a hoo hah about having the leaderboards reset because it was no longer possible to come close to some of the top times. Clearly they've decided that they don't want people skipping the /entirety/ of the dungeon.

Clearly the guy who was playing actually wanted loot from the bosses prior to the last boss. But fuck that guy, he should only be here after he doesn't need loot from here. Cos y'know, dungeons are only for teh hardcorez and "casuals" have no place there. What, you just got your silver proving grounds done? Because that's the only reason I can think of that you would bring in the casual argument when we're discussing heroic fucking dungeons.

Besides, this is different, in CM, you need to kill so much trash and all the bosses anyway.
    Last edited by elvor0; 2015-08-04 at 03:50 AM.

10 years of tier sets & holiday rewards pvp gear. X mog weapons. Why would I purge stuff Ive invested countless hours acquiring?
    Sounds like a lot of wearable items! Hopefully we can address this soon.
    I sure hope this is hinting at diablo transmog system coming in 7.0.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elvor0 View Post
    Actually they already fixed some of them before now. There was a hoo hah about having the leaderboards reset because it was no longer possible to come close to some of the top times. Clearly they've decided that they don't want people skipping the /entirety/ of the dungeon.

Clearly the guy who was playing actually wanted loot from the bosses prior to the last boss. But fuck that guy, he should only be here after he doesn't need loot from here. Cos y'know, dungeons are only for teh hardcorez and "casuals" have no place there. What, you just got your silver proving grounds done? Because that's the only reason I can think of that you would bring in the casual argument when we're discussing heroic fucking dungeons.

Besides, this is different, in CM, you need to kill so much trash and all the bosses anyway.
    Unsure if you've ever seen the amount of trash you need to pull for the CM. Also that dungeon and all those unneeded trash mobs simply feels like it was intended that you skip 3/4 of it every time you do it.
    I didn't mention any proving ground, you mentioning it is pretty irrelevant.

My whole point is that the path is there, blizzard knew about it and that the last boss was accessible via that way. My whole point is, when a group leader makes a group and states "farming everbloom last boss x4 for quest" he clearly states the purpose of the group. My whole point is, you can simply press the big shiny "Make a group" button yourself and type in the title "Everbloom going all bosses, no skips". My whole point is that even if you farm last boss x4 for the quest you don't get loot locked so you could actually return there after and finish it. My whole point is that it's damn infuriating when Blizzard rushes in the "save" the (casual, apparently, for reasons stated above) damsel in distress by making a hotfix as stupid as that when in reality they could bother with much more important things.

Really? NCSOFT? Lol does anyone even play their games anymore?

Unsure if you've ever seen the amount of trash you need to pull for the CM. Also that dungeon and all those unneeded trash mobs simply feels like it was intended that you skip 3/4 of it every time you do it.
    I didn't mention any proving ground, you mentioning it is pretty irrelevant.

My whole point is that the path is there, blizzard knew about it and that the last boss was accessible via that way. My whole point is, when a group leader makes a group and states "farming everbloom last boss x4 for quest" he clearly states the purpose of the group. My whole point is, you can simply press the big shiny "Make a group" button yourself and type in the title "Everbloom going all bosses, no skips". My whole point is that even if you farm last boss x4 for the quest you don't get loot locked so you could actually return there after and finish it. My whole point is that it's damn infuriating when Blizzard rushes in the "save" the (casual, apparently, for reasons stated above) damsel in distress by making a hotfix as stupid as that when in reality they could bother with much more important things.
    Your whole point is "I enjoy exploiting the game, therefore anyone who disagrees with is an idiot because I'm right and you're wrong LALALALA."

There is no legitimate reason to have an exploit left in the game. The only things Blizzard did wrong were to not playtest sufficiently to find the exploit before the game went live, and to leave it intact for as long as they did.

Deleted
    Well, the exploit fix has made for some Challenge Mode style timed runs for my guild.

Some guildies and I still needed to start the 4 mythic clears at 9.15 pm (event closing at 11.01pm), and we went in, noticed the fix. Went to Auchindon and did some heroic chain pulling. Made the last one at 10.58pm! Even though the fix sucked, it has indirectly caused more fun for us. Can imagine this must have sucked if you needed to pug the last one on a low ilvl character at 9.30 pm though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarix View Post
    I played Aion when it launched, stopped soon after. Downloaded it recently and got it up and running just because.

Still a beautiful game. Still confusing as shit to actually play beyond early lvling. So sad, alot of NCSOFT published mmos have potential. Maybe he can make a difference there, probably can't hurt them at this point really.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    Here's a concept.

There's this button, it says, "Start a group."

Title the group: Everbloom, full clear/no skips

Recruit members.

Wow, that was challenging, wasn't it?
    Are you kidding? As far as I am aware, group finder is meant to find a group to do an instance, not specific activities. It should be the other way around: want to skip whole instance? Make a custom group. The same way people make custom groups to do leeroy, not 'ubrs hc - not doing leeroy'

The ignorance, lol.

Deleted
    "Guys i think we covered pretty much everything"...

except the PvP but whatever, who cares anymore right?

Let me break it down for you Barnie style:

Blizz decided to fix the bug because they deemed it an exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    He went from Community Manager to Senior Content Manager. Most likely a salary bump, more responsibilities and new challenges. And he won't have to deal with miserable fucks every day of the week.
    Pretty much. Not having to put up with the WoW fanbase anymore is a big promotion in itself.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarix View Post
    Yes, respective gameplay wildstar is one of the best ( if not best) mmo out there currently ( but i dont play currently) and I'm really looking forward to the western release of blade&soul

Gorefiend
    Players who die to Digest or from fatal damage while in the stomach phase in the Gorefiend encounter should now be able to be resurrected once their bodies are teleported back outside.
    Really Blizzard Really?

Dying from Digest is LFR failure and Fatal damage while in the stomach? You mean like... Shadow Orb? I never seen anyone die inside the stomach from damage.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Are you kidding? As far as I am aware, group finder is meant to find a group to do an instance, not specific activities. It should be the other way around: want to skip whole instance? Make a custom group. The same way people make custom groups to do leeroy, not 'ubrs hc - not doing leeroy'

The ignorance, lol.
    I agree entirely. I don't really care if you want to be cheap and skip everything, but skipping should be seen as the non-standard approach, and should be made via the custom group finder. Same with achievements.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Easiest way to clear space is by ditching anything re-obtainable you don't use. PvP & Pre-MoP Raid gear especially, if you suddenly get the urge to wear it as a transmog, it's so easy to grind a bit of honor or solo-clear the raids, something to do too.

Quote Originally Posted by tuesday the paladin View Post
    I sure hope this is hinting at diablo transmog system coming in 7.0.
    That's how I see it. They've already said they want to put it into WoW in the past.