Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Heelvsbabyface Video incoming. Lot's of swearing i'd say lol

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Wow they literally had a 50% drop from the WoD starting numbers. G fucking G.
    And it took them 10 years, kinda impressing since other games have that loss their first year.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiklis View Post
    Which is why there will be an annual pass with the announcement to stabilize the sub numbers
    I did the Annual Pass last time and will never, ever do it again.

Basically it was a year of no content.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    A drop of 1.5 million subs?? Holy shit I never expected it to be that much
    Cyclical.

Not really in my opinion but I just thought I'd throw that out there since the devs did so easily last numbers report.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    10m to 5.6m in two quarters..... lol
    Yeah. Jesus Christ how do you shed half your player base in half a friggin' year?
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Looks like 6.2 did nothing and everything Blizzard has done has completely failed. Time for a total change in direction. Get back to what worked.

Wow, did not expect it to be that big of a drop. I expected 1 mil TOPS, and that was without 6.2 bringing some people back.

Holy crap. If we get nothing for a year this game is dead.

Now I'm kinda worried.

Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Holy shit that is gonna hurt. Then again im not suprised.

Also, on topic of token, the thing is that rather than bringing alot of players who were unsubbed, it just made subbed players unsub and buy token instead.

Deleted
    Expected. Not really worried though.

WoW subs are still nearly 7x above break even point.

Next expansion will make or break the future though.

Subs for wow are down 1.5m and the earnings are up overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Yeah. Jesus Christ how do you shed half your player base in half a friggin' year?

Cutting your subscription base in half in just 6 months. #justwarlordsthings

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    To those of you biting your knuckles with anticipation over how many subs they've lost... get a life. Seriously. Because you epitomize everything that is wrong with this 'community' and you overshadow anything that is wrong with the game itself.

Its pathetic enough that a bunch of people here sit around practically giddy with glee at the idea of the game losing subs, and its even more pathetic that this site has bought into that enough to post a huge 'Expansion Announcement!' style countdown for an earnings call.

I always thought this was a 'fan' site. A place made by people who enjoyed the game, for people who enjoyed the game. Instead it has become a place where every word uttered by Blizzard is twisted and warped into something to suit someone's bitter, sorry little agenda. Its sad to see just how far things have fallen here. Whatever mistakes Blizzard has made with WoW these past few years (and they've made many) pale in comparison with the cesspool of toxic shit that this place has turned into.

And I've officially had my fill of it. To those of you who aren't petty and childish, take care and I wish you well in your endeavors.
    +1 /10char

Deleted
    From 10 million to 5.6 million in 7 months. Savage.

Q3 should be interesting.

Wow... that's.... no less than they deserve.

Neglect and greed will get your product nowhere.

I'm glad the players are finally starting to talk with the wallets. F2P coming soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Cutting your subscription base in half in just 6 months. #justwarlordsthings

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    5.6 million players for a 2015 MMO is pretty good going. The only thing they might be a little concerned about is the steepness of the decline during WoD but 5.6 million is still very good for a sub based MMO. No one is close to that.
    That doesn't change the fact the game lost HALF it's playerbase that it had at launch in 9 months time. No one sits in board meetings and goes "yknow lets only make 10 million dollars instead of 100 million this year"

Exclamation

Official number 5.6M, and no change to the subscriber definition:

Subscriber Definition: World of Warcraft subscribers include individuals who have paid a subscription fee or have an active prepaid card to play World of Warcraft, as well as those who have purchased the game and are within their free month of access. Internet Game Room players who have accessed the game over the last thirty days are also counted as subscribers. The above definition excludes all players under free promotional subscriptions, expired or cancelled subscriptions, and expired prepaid cards. Subscribers in licensees' territories are defined along the same rules.
    So it's only "paid a subscription fee" unless using gold counts, so token games don't enter into it if they're telling the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFreeman View Post
    Cyclical.

Not really in my opinion but I just thought I'd throw that out there since the devs did so easily last numbers report.
    I don't think they can claim that at this time. Losing close to 5 mil customers in ~6 months is pretty horrendous.

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Holy shit that is gonna hurt. Then again im not suprised.

Also, on topic of token, the thing is that rather than bringing alot of players who were unsubbed, it just made subbed players unsub and buy token instead.
    Tokens are counted towards sub amounts on the account where the gametime is consumed on.

Deleted
    Good riddance, shit game.