Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    I'm very interested in a location for our Class hall. Although I believe nothing ever could beat the level of epicness of Warlocks' one, one can hope.

Holy Priests are fine© Blizzard
    We're fine, its the overpowered Disc that is a problem© Priests' community
    I forgot who made the video showing a Holy Priest guide for WoD and it consisted of the guy running to SW Cathedral and respecing Disc.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Outland Shattrath, Aldor side would be my guess.

If it were scarlet monastery (the old one) would people flip bricks about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    I forgot who made the video showing a Holy Priest guide for WoD and it consisted of the guy running to SW Cathedral and respecing Disc.
    And I, obviously, forgot the /sarcasm tag

Quote Originally Posted by Tetronian View Post
    If it were scarlet monastery (the old one) would people flip bricks about it?
    Depends. Since priests' community is well known for its WE'RE OK GUYS STOP UR WHINING© trend, I bet people will accept that. With a lot of responses like "Well, it could actually be way worse".

But if serious, that would be a total disaster, since SM has nothing to do either with priests as a class, or with a priests lore. They could as well place it in Stormwind's subway station, it would be just teh same.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I knew it was sarcasm. It was pretty much the canned blizz response.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

In an expansion about Elves and the Legion, it should be Temple of the Moon.

Humans, Draenei, Dwarves, Gnomes, Forsaken can whine all they want. Night Elf Priestess of the Moon have been here for millennia before Northshire Abbey was even conceived or Light's Hope Chapel.

Tauren already believe in Elune, albeit by a different name. And honestly, if Night Elves are descendant from Trolls, it's entirely not hard for Trolls to believe Elune is just another Loa. Blood Elves themselves are descendant from Night Elves, it's not inconceivable some of them would remember.

I bet more thought has gone into this in this thread alone that what the devs have/will put into it. At the end of the day you all know it's gonna be some random priestly looking church somewhere or a nelf temple or some naru thing and they will just completely ignore the fact that the majority of the players characters are completely out of place. I don't know where it will be but you can bet all your gold it will have nothing to do with shadow, except MAYBE we get a room to ourselves that's only shadow cause it has diff candles in it...

Quote Originally Posted by AusSpyder View Post
    I bet more thought has gone into this in this thread alone that what the devs have/will put into it. At the end of the day you all know it's gonna be some random priestly looking church somewhere or a nelf temple or some naru thing and they will just completely ignore the fact that the majority of the players characters are completely out of place. I don't know where it will be but you can bet all your gold it will have nothing to do with shadow, except MAYBE we get a room to ourselves that's only shadow cause it has diff candles in it...
    I'm actually absolutely OK with Naaru-themed class hall of some sort. What I absolutely don't want is NE tree-hugging shit.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    I'm actually absolutely OK with Naaru-themed class hall of some sort. What I absolutely don't want is NE tree-hugging shit.
    Never, the Naaru are such a cop-out.
    They are basically light elementals and fit for mages or maybe shamans who use holy school spells, not for priests.

This is the perfect chance to flesh out lore for priests, especially when it comes to what is the light and what does it come from. They can unite the priests by creating a space indicative of light and darkness and the fine line between the two. Is light summoned from somewhere like darkness is summoned from the Void? What is the relationship between darkness and fel energy? All of these can be answered through the class order halls. I believe E'lune was a Naaru and therefore a source of magical energy. Her presence enhanced the first trolls with the ability to manipulate The Light. They passed it on to the Night Elves and shortly after the sundering the High Elves who taught it to Humans. The Light is pretty infectious so the emergence of the Draenei helped seed the other races like gnomes and orcs. Shadow is the manipulation of Darkened Naaru energies. This would make everyone connected... ahhh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Paladins aren't all that unified, either. Didn't blood elf paladins initially get their power by leeching it from a naaru? And even within the same race, shadow priests are kinda strange...since we always hear about "The Light" but they rarely ever talk about the shadows it casts.

I'm just expecting some sort of church. Though I don't know how they're going to distinguish it from paladins. It might have something to do with the Val'kyr? With them representing one side and the Spirit of Redemption on the other. That would be kinda cool.
    That would be quite sick actually. Reminds me of the new zone on the Broken Isles where you go to the "Valhalla" of the valkyr, and the dungeon tied to it supposedly having to do with the dark side of the val'kyr. They could easily represent priests in this expansion. It would be current lore too.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

i was thinking something like all spiritual leaders from each race gathering together beside their beliefs. So in that way human, dwarf and draenei priests can be together with undead shadow priest, witch doctors trolls and priests of elune. there could be separate rooms with different themes in the class hall representing each race belief system
    Last edited by jeroman19; 2015-08-16 at 04:01 AM.

All I hope for this is that they really keep Horde and Alliance separate for class halls. The Alliance clergy is so heavily biased towards Holy Light worship, with Night Elves being the only exception as they worship Elune.

The Horde religions are so scattered (more of them are shamans anyway).
    -Undead worship the shadow and/or Sylvanas. I mean this is the one race I'd expect there to be more shadowpriests than anything else.
    -Blood elves a mixture of the Holy Light and Shadow. Blood elves also carry the stigma associated with corrupting the Sunwell, and most ally worshippers probably wouldn't just accept them like nothing happened.
    -Taurens worship the Holy Light, but most likely a version mixing in their worship of the Earthmother/Sun goddess.
    -Trolls worship the Loa... a polytheistic religion which includes deities of Light and Darkness. (Darkness does not mean 'evil' in this case, but the foil to Light)
    -Honestly, I'd see goblins in the clergy as real outsiders to Goblin society as a whole. I suppose if any race created Televangelism on Azeroth, it would be them.

If you combined both factions under one roof... you'd either overshadow Horde lore/culture, with the Ally's very clear united Holy Light worship... or you'd have to undermine the Alliance's strong faith by giving all these Horde elements within the same temple. Alliance seem to hold purity as an ideal, whereas Horde tend to see balance as an ideal.

There's just some really iconic social lore here that you would just toss out the window by putting them under one roof.

However I could really see Alliance getting Scarlet Monestary. Of all the priesthoods... I certainly feel Undead would have an overhelmingly strong sway there, probably having them set up shop in another section of Trisfal.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmorgrim View Post
    I suppose if any race created Televangelism on Azeroth, it would be them.
    I laughed so hard at this!

How about a Priest Hold like the room with Algalon.

even so i am no fan of the naaru, a naaru themed class hall would have 1 nice side effekt.

naaru´s life is a cicle of death and rebirth, going from naaru to resident of the void and back.
    this would tie in all 3 aspects of the priest. holy for the naaru, shadow for the void and the balance between these 2 states for diszi.
    seeing the naaru as just an incarnation of the different races belives, it would somehow fit.

still: i would prefere race destinct halls for priests, or at least some form of representation for the different races, in form of altars in the class hall or in connection to the artefact weapon

I think that priests should have their specs redefined better, particularly discipline and have a class hall that not only reflects the holy side and tollerates the shadow, but embraces both in equal amounts, having human figureheads strongly on the holy side, forsaken on the shadow and witch doctors in the middle (i kind of imagine night elf being middle as well).

This is an amazing opportunity to really define the priest as a class with a strong identity instead of a class that has 2 identities (holy or shadow)

For this to happen i propose making discipline a 'divine' spec that uses both shadow and holy magic in almost equal amounts. we already know that they intend on it having a strong attonement playstyle, so i think that it will be fitting. Holy already has the niche as the quintessential holy cleric, while discipline i think really lacks any thematic that lives up to its name. Using both schools on the other hand shows that they understand 2 disciplines and have the discipline to not divulge too deeply into one or the other.

Disc would be the type of priest to use both sides of anathema/benediction

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmorgrim View Post
    All I hope for this is that they really keep Horde and Alliance separate for class halls. The Alliance clergy is so heavily biased towards Holy Light worship, with Night Elves being the only exception as they worship Elune.

The Horde religions are so scattered (more of them are shamans anyway).
    -Undead worship the shadow and/or Sylvanas. I mean this is the one race I'd expect there to be more shadowpriests than anything else.
    -Blood elves a mixture of the Holy Light and Shadow. Blood elves also carry the stigma associated with corrupting the Sunwell, and most ally worshippers probably wouldn't just accept them like nothing happened.
    -Taurens worship the Holy Light, but most likely a version mixing in their worship of the Earthmother/Sun goddess.
    -Trolls worship the Loa... a polytheistic religion which includes deities of Light and Darkness. (Darkness does not mean 'evil' in this case, but the foil to Light)
    -Honestly, I'd see goblins in the clergy as real outsiders to Goblin society as a whole. I suppose if any race created Televangelism on Azeroth, it would be them.

If you combined both factions under one roof... you'd either overshadow Horde lore/culture, with the Ally's very clear united Holy Light worship... or you'd have to undermine the Alliance's strong faith by giving all these Horde elements within the same temple. Alliance seem to hold purity as an ideal, whereas Horde tend to see balance as an ideal.

There's just some really iconic social lore here that you would just toss out the window by putting them under one roof.

However I could really see Alliance getting Scarlet Monestary. Of all the priesthoods... I certainly feel Undead would have an overhelmingly strong sway there, probably having them set up shop in another section of Trisfal.
    I can see this as an opportunity, i mean you could have a wing of the hall dedicated to shadow where the unrepentant shadow priests hand, and a wing dedicated to holy for the alliance puritans, but the main hall would be a yin yan style room that equally embraces both, allowing those who strictly believe one side only to have a spot to hang while those with more open minds sit in the middle.
    With this i hope to see discipline restyled as a divine spec that embraces both, showing unity between life and death, light and darkness.