Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixthumbs View Post
    This is also true for a lot of other classes. Let's take Paladins for example, since we know they're probably getting Light's Hope Chapel. Bloodelf Paladins are Paladins (actually they are blood knights) who draw their power from different sources and are huge rivals to the alliance paladins. The whole class hall thing is settled in some lore. The circumstances of Legion draw the necessity to unite the classes, regardless of believes or affiliation. Thus our heros will overcome their rivalry for the greater good.
    That's very true, but at least Paladins are all unified around a certain 'Light' theme. Obviously, the main difference are Taurens and I think it'd be incredibly awkward to see a Tauren paladin in a hall filled with Knights of the Silver Hand, but like I said at least there's a very distant connection of Light to unite them.

Priests are probably, in my opinion, the most difficult class to build any sort of common meeting place for them. They have very clear contrasting speccs within itself; Holy (including Discipline) and Shadow. Straight away, they're going to have to build a place that conjoins two rather oxymoronic ideologies.

That in itself might be a difficult task but not impossible. Nearly all the races have some sort of 'shadow' theme to go with; Draenei have the Naruu, Trolls are the easiest and their hall could be Loa centric, and Forsaken could literally just have a plagued Church. But then enters the race theme. I just really don't see how they're going to pull off a realistic take on our class that unites both the oxymoron ideologies of our specs AND the wildly different racial religions that allow them to be priests.

I almost think and hope that these class holds will be faction dependant. It would ease it a little, at least.
    Last edited by Alfryd; 2015-08-07 at 07:52 AM.

I guess the idea is the threat is large enough that classes of different races and different beliefs can put those issues aside to work together for the greater good. The Cenarion Circle occured to me as a good example of this, lots of druids and shamans of different races who have different beliefs but they put all that aside and work together. Would imagine it will be a similar dynamic to that.

15+ Year Old Account
    *queues in the music*

The caatholic booaaat...

I don't think it matters (although I agree with the OP)

The reason is that, to my understanding, the class holds will be instanced per person. It's garrisons 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Jervaise View Post
    I don't think it matters (although I agree with the OP)

The reason is that, to my understanding, the class holds will be instanced per person. It's garrisons 2.0.
    not quite. It'll be class specific so you'll still see every other priest in the priest area or every paladin in the paladin area.

Quote Originally Posted by Front page of MMO
    Order Halls are a base of operations for your class and you share them with other players of your class.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will probably be a cathedral
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Deleted
    I think it's going to be in one of the scarlet regions.

An awesome priest stronghold would be in the realm of the afterlife.

You know, where most players do their corpse runs.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by TerS View Post
    not quite. It'll be class specific so you'll still see every other priest in the priest area or every paladin in the paladin area.
    That's what I initially thought - yet if we are the leader, how will it work to have 100's of leaders of the order in one hall? It also has to be large enough to sustain 100's of people in it at the same time.

I don't believe they will be able to do that.

That's what I initially thought - yet if we are the leader, how will it work to have 100's of leaders of the order in one hall? It also has to be large enough to sustain 100's of people in it at the same time.

Like a lot of other things in the game, you have to remember that the other players are there for game purposes but not for lore purposes. In terms of the storyline, there's only you (and your anonymous "friends" who help you sometimes).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfryd View Post
    That's very true, but at least Paladins are all unified around a certain 'Light' theme. Obviously, the main difference are Taurens and I think it'd be incredibly awkward to see a Tauren paladin in a hall filled with Knights of the Silver Hand, but like I said at least there's a very distant connection of Light to unite them.

Priests are probably, in my opinion, the most difficult class to build any sort of common meeting place for them. They have very clear contrasting speccs within itself; Holy (including Discipline) and Shadow. Straight away, they're going to have to build a place that conjoins two rather oxymoronic ideologies.

That in itself might be a difficult task but not impossible. Nearly all the races have some sort of 'shadow' theme to go with; Draenei have the Naruu, Trolls are the easiest and their hall could be Loa centric, and Forsaken could literally just have a plagued Church. But then enters the race theme. I just really don't see how they're going to pull off a realistic take on our class that unites both the oxymoron ideologies of our specs AND the wildly different racial religions that allow them to be priests.

I almost think and hope that these class holds will be faction dependant. It would ease it a little, at least.
    I think class holds will be big enough to have separate rooms dedicated to different "subclasses" like tauren and troll priests as well as Shadow in general. Or at least they will be as customizable as artifact weapons. Think a blood elf paladin decking out his class hall with golden phoenix banners instead of the Silver Hand, or in this case a troll shadow priest having numerous bubbling cauldrons and shrunken heads on spikes. But I'm leaning to the former, the whole idea of class halls is to gather all greatest heroes of Azeroth under one roof following the call of the wielder of their most legendary weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfryd View Post

Can you imagine all the different Gods or entities in the same room? What would happen? Wouldnt be happening the same when all different priest would be in the same class hold?

Blizzard wants us to think that we can put our believes and differences aside because we fight the common enemy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post

I LOVE this idea!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklabel View Post
    Can you imagine all the different Gods or entities in the same room? What would happen? Wouldnt be happening the same when all different priest would be in the same class hold?
    In the light, we are one.

Priests have a racial identity.

I don't really like the idea of it just being, "Here's some Naaru, because the rest of your religions are really just about the Naaru, anyway."

Karabor would be pretty, though. But I like the Spirit World idea better -- Priests of all races have a connection to the Spirit World. Someplace that isn't just a holy site related to one race.

Deleted

Note how entering the tanaan faction camps have the guard greet you personally as commander even if there's already 50 other commanders there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    In the light, we are one.
    This.

It'll be cool to see what they come up with either way! I can't wait to hang out in my secret club with Velen, Anduin, and Tyrande

Deleted
    Sanctuary of Elune, would be cool, but we're priests, they won't give us that

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Sanctuary of Elune, would be cool, but we're priests, they won't give us that
    We wont get it because Elune is only a thing for nelf priests.
    A priest Class Hold should be somewhere for all priests.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Largest cathedral in Tyr's hand, perhaps? Lore wise it's controlled by the Argent Crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post

Oh gosh, never thought of that. The Valhalla of priests?