Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Reveries1 View Post
    but people are focusing way more on mythic gear over normal gear advantage then they should be.
    No.

Its the largest issue with the pvp system so it obviously requires the most attention.

Blizzard is actively trying to create balance issues in PvP lol.

If Blizzard can keep the range of effectiveness of PVE gear in PVP between 0 and 10% i'm really fine with it. PVE players are quite often backpedalling spellclickers, they won't stand a chance against a skilled PVP'er.

The argument that PVE players finally can enjoy some casual PVP has been named here many times, but for me its vice versa.
    I'm a PVP'er and I can finally do some Raiding for that extra 0-10% effectiveness in PVP. Now raiding doesn't satisfy me.

I think this is Blizzards intention.
    Last edited by Ninthelora; 2015-08-13 at 06:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If i play the next expansion at all, it's going to be nice not to have to have 2 sets of gear. I might actually do some pvp again. It's been a long time.

Rather like the idea of getting away from the whole PvP gear thing and have people more on equal grounds when it comes to PvP, and not majority of time the person with better gear winning all the time. Unlocking PvP talents seems like a nice way of going about it --- PvP cosmetics being unlocked through prestige, people that can't be bothered with that shall remain at 50.

Always never been a particular fan of PvP in WoW simply because of the whole gear issue. More so to my annoyance when abilities are constantly nerfed in PvE due to PvP reasons... hopefully this separation will stop that once and for all.

That being said, I'm still curious how they're going about it if gear won't be making an appearance... would that force PvP'ers to get PvE gear, or do they all have a base line scaling come PvP ?
    Last edited by Daedius; 2015-08-13 at 06:59 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aweeeessssooome

Love it and can't wait.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Deleted
    I love to see how peoples can fill 11 page of nothing.
    there's no information at the current state and ppl say "wonderful" "can't wait"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    theyre only about 5 years too late on changing all this stuff. separating the way spells and abilities work between pvp and pve is something that literally should of been done years ago. and them finally admitting that there is too much focus on gear is easily a contributing factor to why our guild stopped playing many years ago. that was one of the reasons we liked GW2's pvp. you could pvp against other people and all have access to the same gear.

that being said, i think its too late for a majority of my guild. i may check the game out a few months after launch but i doubt very seriously anyone from my guild gives it a shot

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninthelora View Post
    If Blizzard can keep the range of effectiveness of PVE gear in PVP between 0 and 10% i'm really fine with it. PVE players are quite often backpedalling spellclickers, they won't stand a chance against a skilled PVP'er.

The argument that PVE players finally can enjoy some casual PVP has been named here many times, but for me its vice versa.
    I'm a PVP'er and I can finally do some Raiding for that extra 0-10% effectiveness in PVP. Now raiding doesn't satisfy me.

I think this is Blizzards intention.
    Well, it has been the case before, legendary weapons being OP in pvp, people doing raids for pve pieces. I think it was only in MoP this changed. However, in wotlk a lot of pvp people raided so they could get trinkets that were BiS for pvp. And Blizzard didn't want this, so it changed. However it seems now we will go back to what them and players didn't want, pvp players doing mythic for BiS gear

Hey, didn't read previous pages so don't know if someone brought this up.

The new pvp system seems interesting but a few things seem weird, for starters whether or not the first pvp talent ( aka the trinket ) is no longer a trinket but an ability, which also raises the question about which might also shift the faction balance to horde again if humans aren't a thing anymore ( gotta wait and see about that ).

Another issue I see is if that new "trinket" is usable outside pvp , aka raids etc so everyone can use it in pve content would change a lot of things in those encounters unless it's not an ability that can be used outside pvp content period.

The last concern I have is , let's say you grind the entire pvp talents to maximum, does that exempt you from having any reason to stepping in an honor bg ever again ? or does the system reset every season so you need to grind it over and over every season ?

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Hey, didn't read previous pages so don't know if someone brought this up.

The new pvp system seems interesting but a few things seem weird, for starters whether or not the first pvp talent ( aka the trinket ) is no longer a trinket but an ability, which also raises the question about which might also shift the faction balance to horde again if humans aren't a thing anymore ( gotta wait and see about that ).

Another issue I see is if that new "trinket" is usable outside pvp , aka raids etc so everyone can use it in pve content would change a lot of things in those encounters unless it's not an ability that can be used outside pvp content period.

The last concern I have is , let's say you grind the entire pvp talents to maximum, does that exempt you from having any reason to stepping in an honor bg ever again ? or does the system reset every season so you need to grind it over and over every season ?
    1. About time to balance EMFH
    2. I don't think so, they stated that PVP talents would work like PVP gear does now. Only in PVP or in world pvp
    3. You have prestige, which probably resets your talents so you can hop in BG's again to the next prestige (if you want)

I am afraid of the new "CALL OF DUTI" style perks for one reason: Linear progression.

I used to buy shoulderpads, then a hat, then maybe shoes. Now, with these new "CALL OF DUTI" perks I have to buy the fire spell when I'm pvp number 6. It's crap.
    If I want to roleplay as a pvp lord (And I DO) then I need to sell my body for a little so-called "PVP boost," and for what? I couldn't tell you if there was a gun pointed to my head. So long, days spent RPing with sick pvp gear and a 25 dollars dragon seat. So long, pubstomp welfare arena gear. I barely knew ye.

I think it's good.

Give people who enjoy pvp something to grind towards. For everyone else it gives a bunch of pvp-specific perks which can make pvp more interesting or even balanced if they do them right. No more EMFH problems with the new talent system.

The thought of having no more PVP gear, or difference between PVE and PVP gear is the best feature though. I haven't PVPed in literally like 6 years or so because I just don't have the time or drive to grind out PVP gear. Back in MY day, burning crusade, all you had to do was a little arena. You played 10 games per week and got your points based on your rating at the end of the week. Bam, boom, done. Once they turned it into a shit grind I just don't have the time or patience for it.

Honestly all gear should be 100% normalized in battlegrounds and arenas, I don't know why they refuse to do this. Guess the gear carrot on the stick is something they feel they need to keep people interested in this shit.

I would return to pvp, now and then, when i'm in the mood with these changes. In current pvp or pvp over the last several years you can't just "pvp when you want" without getting shit on by people who pvp all day and get loaded with PVP gear.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Been saying for a long time: have 1 set of endgame gear, give us PvP and PvE means to get it.

Raiders get their tier set in raids, and upgrade it as they keep raiding.

PvPers get their tier set in PvP, and upgrade it as they keep playing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    PvPers get their tier set in PvP, and upgrade it as they keep playing.
    From strongboxes. Holinkas wet dream of slot machines everywhere.

I Can't have a real opinion until i personally experience this new system. I like that they are finally trying to separate PvP and PvE talents in order to balance PvP better. I don't like that they're removing PvP gear, if you don't have time to farm entry lvl gear which takes just a few hours, then WoW simply isn't for you. That goes for every aspect of the game not just PvP.

Couldn't care less about prestige, battlegrounds are only fun at low lvls and will never be balanced. I do 5 battlegrounds a week at most, so once again prestige is not something i'm looking forward to.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2015-08-14 at 02:04 AM.