Deleted

Spells we can expect that is not being shown, if they take from old games.

engulf/immolation basicly a dot effect of fire that engulfs that target with a chaos/fire dmg on the target.

The tank gets engulf where all targets around them takes chaos/fire dmg, DPS applies it to enemies.

Mana burn some sort of spell that burns mana for damage.

Some sort of evasive action passive/spell, we got to se the backflip maybe this was what they get only.

i think they will add a lot of new stuff but take some from wc3 maybe mix it up and change it a bit.

expect the class to wear mail due to the loot format mail is only at 2 classes whereby leather,cloth,plate is at 3.

Immolation gestated as Flame Shield in Warcraft II. This silly mage move let you cast five silly rotating cloud-things that were little fireballs. They damaged anything, friend or foe, around the unit you cast it on (also friend or foe).

By Warcraft III, Demon Hunters had a spell called Immolation. This spell introduced the modern name, icon, and graphical effect. When a Demon Hunter casts Immolation, he burns with an actual fire. Those around him take damage. In Warcraft III, this spell uses up mana at a moderate rate, and damages enemies at a pretty decent clip.

When Warlocks came along, they got a spell with the same spell name and icon as the Demon Hunter immolation. But it was the opposite in all ways- instead of being a self cast, it was a ranged cast. Instead of being on YOU, it was on an enemy. Instead of damaging multiple enemies, it only damaged the target.

At some point, a different version of this was available to meta-form locks as well, I think with a different name (like "self immolation", I don't recall).

Personally, I very much hope they rename the warlock one to something else, and give Demon Hunters the immolation that they had in Warcraft III. This would be a perfectly interesting move for aoe damage over time.

Mana burn was a priest spell for years before being removed. It seems likely it will stay removed- as cool as it was, it was a rough sell in WoW. If mana burn was added to Demon Hunters, it would be rather odd which enemies they would suddenly be more effective against, and healers would have to watch out for the stun or snare into mana drain (depending on implementation). If they wanted to use it, it could be a cooldown move- an instant move that dealt damage and destroyed mana, but with a long enough cooldown that it wouldn't be able to be used in an attrition war. I still think it unlikely.

"Evasion" was a passive. It was given to rogues entirely, at which point it became an active. It's very likely that Demon Hunters, especially the tank ones, will enjoy a bonus to dodge, but it seems unlikely to be a flat 30% boost or something. We shall see.

If you check the thread about what we know about Demon Hunters, you'll see they wear leather. This is confirmed by Blizzard.

DH's will probably share some abilities with Illidan from HoTS as well....
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    DH's will probably share some abilities with Illidan from HoTS as well....
    If this means I get The Hunt COUNT ME IN

Insidious Whisper : "The very sound of insanity." ;p
    " In a Society like this table, a state of equilibrium, once one makes the first move, everyone must follow! In every era, this World has been operating by this napkin principle. And the one who ‘takes the napkin first’ must be someone who is respected by all. It’s not that anyone can fulfill this role… Those that are despotic or unworthy will be scorned. And those are the ‘losers"

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    If this means I get The Hunt COUNT ME IN
    *Uses The Hunt on a BE DH just as they hearth*

*Flies across the world into the enemy Hub*

*Get ganked by guards*
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XorMalice View Post
    Immolation gestated as Flame Shield in Warcraft II. This silly mage move let you cast five silly rotating cloud-things that were little fireballs. They damaged anything, friend or foe, around the unit you cast it on (also friend or foe).

By Warcraft III, Demon Hunters had a spell called Immolation. This spell introduced the modern name, icon, and graphical effect. When a Demon Hunter casts Immolation, he burns with an actual fire. Those around him take damage. In Warcraft III, this spell uses up mana at a moderate rate, and damages enemies at a pretty decent clip.

When Warlocks came along, they got a spell with the same spell name and icon as the Demon Hunter immolation. But it was the opposite in all ways- instead of being a self cast, it was a ranged cast. Instead of being on YOU, it was on an enemy. Instead of damaging multiple enemies, it only damaged the target.

At some point, a different version of this was available to meta-form locks as well, I think with a different name (like "self immolation", I don't recall).

Personally, I very much hope they rename the warlock one to something else, and give Demon Hunters the immolation that they had in Warcraft III. This would be a perfectly interesting move for aoe damage over time.

Mana burn was a priest spell for years before being removed. It seems likely it will stay removed- as cool as it was, it was a rough sell in WoW. If mana burn was added to Demon Hunters, it would be rather odd which enemies they would suddenly be more effective against, and healers would have to watch out for the stun or snare into mana drain (depending on implementation). If they wanted to use it, it could be a cooldown move- an instant move that dealt damage and destroyed mana, but with a long enough cooldown that it wouldn't be able to be used in an attrition war. I still think it unlikely.

"Evasion" was a passive. It was given to rogues entirely, at which point it became an active. It's very likely that Demon Hunters, especially the tank ones, will enjoy a bonus to dodge, but it seems unlikely to be a flat 30% boost or something. We shall see.

If you check the thread about what we know about Demon Hunters, you'll see they wear leather. This is confirmed by Blizzard.
    well problem with mana burn was it burned away mana, you could do that it deals % dmg of their mana but not remove mana

i dunno hehe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    *Uses The Hunt on a BE DH just as they hearth*

*Flies across the world into the enemy Hub*

*Get ganked by guards*
    YES! That would be so funny

I would imagine Evasion to end up being the tanking Mastery.

You should also expect several abilities to enable you to really stick to your target. Fel Rush is one, I would also expect something like a stunless charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I would imagine Evasion to end up being the tanking Mastery.

You should also expect several abilities to enable you to really stick to your target. Fel Rush is one, I would also expect something like a stunless charge.
    Actually that will probably be their Active Mitigation, if anything, and the mastery will improve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzah View Post
    well problem with mana burn was it burned away mana, you could do that it deals % dmg of their mana but not remove mana

i dunno hehe
    In Warcraft III, the restriction of mana burn is that it cost a ton of YOUR mana. This meant that if you spammed it, you would injure and cripple the enemy hero, but you yourself would mostly be limited to your autoattacks- which could be just fine. When in WoW, it wasn't any kind of sacrifice like it was in WCIII, even when they gave it a large cast time and made it expensive.

You could do something like, Mana Burn (instant)- Burns 20% of the enemy's mana, and deals (some decent amount) of damage. 2 minute cooldown.

But if you did that, it would create this whole niche that only the Demon Hunters have. It's not impossible. You could balance it while making it good enough to use. It just seems a hard task.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Fel Rush is one, I would also expect something like a stunless charge.
    Fel Rush deals damage and makes Fury, it doesn't stun. They can spend Fury to stun, with a cooldown. That move definitely gives up damage resource (Fury) for control (the stun).

So looking forward to fel rushing of platforms in PvE encounters

"Feel my fury"
    (fel rushes into a hole)
    "I'm even MORE furious down heeeeeereeee"