Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    No but I expect to keep the weapon type I've been using since day one WOTLK. Some want DW others want 2H, there has to be a way to please everyone.
    There is not a way to please everyone; You can only keep everyone 'content' at best, even then there's gonna be people that are pissed off about something.

Deleted
    I'm hoping we get a Frostmourne looking 2h sword for Unholy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    2-Handed Frost should never have been allowed to exist in the first place. Dual Wield is most likely all you're going to get.
    Actually that's backwards.

Back in Wrath when the DK's were being developed it was argued that dual-wield shouldn't be allowed because it didn't fit the lore of DK's up to that point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post
    Apparently you can be condescending like a big boy, maybe you'll mature like an actual adult someday if you really believe in yourself.

In regards to the actual issue at hand, I would not be surprised if they got rid of 2H frost for the sake of better defining class identity.
    Like adults cant be condedcending, with that logic you should grow up and realize that unholy is more fun than frost

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vettehenk View Post
    if youre going to do the nitpicking then there is probably way more weapons than 36 (fury warriors, rogues, windwalkers.... etc etc).

anyway i think theyll remove 2h indeed. Ive stopped maining my old dk (mained it since the day wotlk came out untill 5.3). Personally i always preferred frost 2h
    You aren't thinking about this like Blizzard. They aren't going to make multiple weapons for each spec (in your example, Fury War specifically), it sounds like they're finally going to nail down each spec to a specific weapon type. Seeing how Titan's Grip has become an extremely iconic ability for Fury, there's a good chance that 1h DW Fury is going away, just like 2h Frost for DKs.

And I'm not sure why you're being so blind/deaf with this....'way more' than 36? Did you see a slide or hear an interview the rest of us didn't? Because he said 36 weapons existed. Not 35, not 37, not 60. 36.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Death Knight 2H Axe- Maw of the Damned, its on the official Legion website, just have a look.

Deleted
    The class representative is basically Mograine and whenever he appears "frost style" he's dual wielding and when he appears "unholy style" he has a 2H. That was the case since forever, which makes cutting out 2h Frost plausible in terms of "class identity".

Never liked 2h frost anyway. It feels slow and is actually the more faceroll one of the two. There is just more min-maxing involved when playing dual, especially with the 4p where smart rp pooling becomes vital to your dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps there will be the option to combine the two 1-handers together into Frostmourne if you want to play 2H. It could even change the talent tree to be more suitable to the 2H play style. This is just an idea I had, who knows what Blizz has in store for us.

Quote Originally Posted by rhath View Post
    Death Knight 2H Axe- Maw of the Damned, its on the official Legion website, just have a look.
    Just from the look and description of that 2H axe I would guess it is the weapon for Blood spec.

So much misplaced vitriol here. It's fine to disagree guys, but there's no need to unabashedly tear into others. It's totally fine to be passionate, but remember you are just one person in a sea of opinions.

I don't know when or even if 2H frost will get an artifact weapon. My hope is for a normalized playstyle for the spec that allows either 2h or 1h (See WW Monks, Fury Warriors) with the addition of reduced transmog restrictions (essentially allowing you to mog your weapon into any one that you can equip). It isn't necessarily a perfect solution (there are several nuances to transmogging weapons like that), but I think we can all agree that Frost as a whole needs to be looked into.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Holy fuck. If we banned everyone that simply posted for attention-whoring purposes half the site would go dark.

Quote Originally Posted by rhath View Post
    thats the blood weapon, unholy gets Soul Rend.
    http://twitch.tv/fsslgnra Streaming whatever dumb shit I'm doing at the time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleaura View Post
    thats the blood weapon, unholy gets Soul Rend.
    That's just speculation there's no confirmation that is the unholy weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    That's just speculation there's no confirmation that is the unholy weapon.
    There was a ledger of sorts from gamescon that listed it as UHs weapon.
    http://twitch.tv/fsslgnra Streaming whatever dumb shit I'm doing at the time

Quote Originally Posted by Kakazam View Post
    I really don't like DW either. At least with 2H you spam 3 keys, DW is only 2.
    Sigh, never have understood why people say this. Obliterate is still going to be used even when dual wielding, just not as often.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleaura View Post
    There was a ledger of sorts from gamescon that listed it as UHs weapon.
    At most you have the name, assuming and i dislike assumption that that is true. A picture wasn't show otherwise a higher quality picture would be available

The picture linked to soul rend all come straight out of wrath

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Sigh, never have understood why people say this. Obliterate is still going to be used even when dual wielding, just not as often.
    They say this because they can't play the spec honestly.

Deleted
    Blizzard seems ready to go through drastic changes in class design with this expansion. For example the DH class will feature just 2 specs which is smth unprecedented in the wow history, and also they are ready to make survival hunters a melee dps class.

To me it seems likely that frost DKs will be a dual wield specialization from now on. Blizzard would never go to such detail as to provide artifact weapons that could cover subscpecs.

I rolled my DK day one of wotlk and was 2handed frost since then. Dabbled with unholy tanking as well when that was still a thing again with 2hander. Honestly if I want to dual wield I'll play my rogue. It just doesn't fit with Deathknights to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    I rolled my DK day one of wotlk and was 2handed frost since then. Dabbled with unholy tanking as well when that was still a thing again with 2hander. Honestly if I want to dual wield I'll play my rogue. It just doesn't fit with Deathknights to me.
    Why would u go to rogue if u can play DH ?

RIP 2h frost and its actually a good riddance if they simply won't make the spec like WW monks where the weapon is purely aesthetical. DW was since threat of thassarian wa sintroduced pretty much always the way to go for frost. The windows where frost 2h was reall viable were rather short and the subspec constantly had problems.

DW also covers the identity of a frost DK better gameplay wise so far. Currently you use all skills on a regular basis and it works overall pretty well, aside KM being an ugly mechanic. 2h frost is pretty much just a OB spambot, its goign so far that your rather take unholy pres for more OBs than taking massive cost reduction on FS and more rp reg.

They could've solved it by making it an aestheticla thing and maybe we will end up with an aesthetic 2h frost option, we will see, but for now its the better choice to keep DW if there is one to take.

Quote Originally Posted by Erathus View Post
    Blizzard seems ready to go through drastic changes in class design with this expansion. For example the DH class will feature just 2 specs which is smth unprecedented in the wow history, and also they are ready to make survival hunters a melee dps class.

To me it seems likely that frost DKs will be a dual wield specialization from now on. Blizzard would never go to such detail as to provide artifact weapons that could cover subscpecs.
    That's bs since Frost is not a 2h or DW spec. It's both. So now we get to argue about which it was meant to be and frankly it was meant to be both from the start.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    That's bs since Frost is not a 2h or DW spec. It's both. So now we get to argue about which it was meant to be and frankly it was meant to be both from the start.
    What im saying is that if survival hunters are any indication, Blizzard has probably decided to make frost a dw only spec. Personally i dont mind.