Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

7.0 pvp: no EMFH imbalance, no pvp gear, no conquest points. no pve vs pvp balance

AND no ashran! Sounds promising. I hope they don't forget the annonced shadowpriest redesign.

REMEMBER: Everything is subject to change. Beta will require lots of testing and feedback.

J. Allen Brack Interview:

cm_lore about emfh
    https://twitter.com/...687362134487040
    @CM_Lore

@dirtefrog :duckers: EMFH doesn't make a lot of sense with the new PvP system anyway, so it's probably reasonable to expect it to c hange.

pvp talent system

preview of some talents

New honor rank System
    Last edited by Theed; 2015-08-08 at 08:24 AM.
    <inactive>

Maybe I didn't hear it but I heard nothing on EMFH. If you are talking about the talent tree we saw we saw that there is other talents humans can take other than a trinket which makes them better again...

If they don't remove it nothing about racials is fixed.
    Last edited by Wow; 2015-08-07 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Maybe I didn't hear it but I heard nothing on EMFH. If you are talking about the talent tree we saw we saw that there is other talents humans can take other than a trinket which makes them better again...

If they don't remove it nothing about racials is fixed.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Lore/status/629687362134487040

@dirtefrog b) EMFH doesn't make a lot of sense with the new PvP system anyway, so it's probably reasonable to expect it to c hange.
    <inactive>

No pvp gear is the most retarded idea they've ever come up with. Everybody automatically gets the best "gear" as soon as they step into pvp and it all comes to down to "skill". PvP is officially dead folks.

Thats actually terrible that means they haven't decided and it's still as is for now. That should have been an easy pick kill it be done.

And after hearing their real idea of pvp it sounds like the worst change ever, so it will happen because every expansion you think it can never get worse and somehow they keep topping themselves.

Pve gear is all there is
    earn pve gear through pvp wat
    So they want gear to be a non factor so they remove the scaling? And the highest ilvl pve gear is the best gear wat

This doesn't make sense but this is from the guy that thought ashran rng box gearing was a good idea...

I don't really see how what they showed fixes anything. If some class gets buffed for pve they will still get buffed in pvp unless they do the same thing as now. All this does is setup more talents that have to be balanced around. What does this separate? If the classes dps is "balanced" in pve then any pvp talents that give dmg will really mess things up. And some of their examples already are buffing dmg so...

All of this sounds so stupid if you really think about what they've said.
    Last edited by Wow; 2015-08-07 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    No pvp gear is the most retarded idea they've ever come up with. Everybody automatically gets the best "gear" as soon as they step into pvp and it all comes to down to "skill". PvP is officially dead folks.
    PvP will be dead because it comes down to skill? Not hard to tell what you think pvp is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play pvp for - surprise - pvp, to fight other players
    Being on same lvl and not just 'cheat' with gear (usually it is me who cheat, since i used to pvp a LOT) is actually good imo
    I'll miss 2 shot clothies, but the idea of fair fights I love it a LOT more
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I can already feel the waves of tears crashing against Blizzard HQ. The Drought in Cali will soon be over.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no such thing as EMFH imbalance. The good players simply play Human because Human is the only normal looking race in the game. The rest of the races in this game are disgusting.

So... pvp will be what is should be about? Skill? Shocking. Sorry you can't be "op with gear" and you have to try now?

Quote Originally Posted by FeralSynapse View Post
    So... pvp will be what is should be about? Skill? Shocking. Sorry you can't be "op with gear" and you have to try now?
    Now it will be about who has unlocked the most of their artifact and pve gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Excellent!
    10/10

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sussex View Post
    This has absolutely nothing to do with "muh op gear" like some people above me are talking about. Everyone pretty much has the exact same pvp ilevel through an expansion as mostly everyone gears up together and everyone I face in arena has equally as good gear 99.99% of the time. That is not the problem. The problem is removing a sense of character progression.....now that is completely removed from WoW if all you do is PvP.
    So if gear is a non-issue for you because you're essentially on equal footing for your entire season, your idea of progression is to keep getting gear to stay at the same level as everyone else (which is already a non-issue).
    What progression are you looking for? The week or two it takes to farm your gear (what the other pvp threads swear up and down is the case)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Waaa my mythic gear isnt as good as conquest gear in PvP! Waaaa fix it blizzard"
    Thats all im getting out of this. What is the point of removing pvp gear?

Updated the post for people not following the announcement presentation of the expansion.
    <inactive>

ITT: a bunch of dragonslayers upset about "not having an advantage over other players" and "lacking a character progression incentive"

More like it is finally waking up. Gear in PvP is stupid and always has been. I do wonder how they will balance high end PvE gear in PvP though.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uh I think people are just missing the point completely. It has nothing to do with "dragonslayers" that's just fucking retarded.

You realize that they already scale your iLvL up to a minimum threshold in PvP combat this expansion? It doesn't matter if you have 600 iLvL upon hitting 100, you will be scaled up to 675 upon entering PvP combat (something like that). It's pretty obvious to me that with the removal of PvP gear they are just going to set the scaling upon entering PvP combat to a number that would have reflected what conquest scaled to in WoD.

Currently conquest gear scales to 730, which save a few Mythic Archimonde drops is the highest theoretical iLvL you can achieve in PvE to begin with. It's not a stretch to believe that they will just set the PvP scaling to a number that roughly reflects the highest iLvL gained in PvE as to not give anybody an advantage. Could be wrong though, but that's how I see it. While Mythic Archimonde drops 735, the instance loot has a range of 720 to 735, with the vast majority of the spread being centered around 725 (for natural reasons). This means that in the best possible scenario, most people who do PvE at the highest level (not counting the legendary ring) are going to see their maximum iLvL slightly below or slightly above the 730 mark, meaning the median is square on the 730. 730, being the number they chose for what conquest currently scales too.

The point of removing PvP gear is to simply have an equal playing field, period. My above point illustrates how this can happen in the world, and for this entire expansion as a whole they have put thresholds on how good PvE gear can be in PvP instances (arena, RBGs, BGs, Ashran). If you're concerned with the competitive aspect of the game at all (which several of the above posters seem to be completely missing), what harm is there in removing an unnecessary grind at the beginning of each season? Everybody starts at the same point, no advantage can ever be gained in PvP and you just play at an iLvL that Blizzard dictates.

There are plenty of ways they can go about this. You could still collect "PvP" gear, that just continually scales in PvP combat, adjusted for each major patch where you pick the stats you want on each individual piece. By no means is removing the gear grind aspect of PvP killing the competitive nature of PvP though, quite the opposite.

All they are doing, as far as I can tell is making more rewards cosmetic and giving everybody an equal footing to compete. Seems good to me. I don't know about other people but when I actually did play arena for my gladiator titles I didn't do it because I enjoyed grinding all of the necessary epics in order to keep up with all the other people trying to do the same thing. I did it because I liked the competitive nature of arena, the prestige of the title and the mount that I was awarded with. The gear was just a means to an end, and certainly the least satisfying part of the entire thing.

My friend who only plays the game for arena now would essentially be ecstatic. Long removed from raiding all he really likes to do is plug away at arena because it's competitive. The gear for him, much like me is a means to an end. It's necessary in the current game, but to suggest that it has to be there just because it pretty dumb. His sense of progression is getting better than the other people he plays against, and nothing more. You don't need gear to achieve progression when you can actively move yourself upwards in 'progression' by simply growing and getting..gasp... better at the game?

End point if they do it right, no gear grind can work for PvP in this game. Why do I believe this? Because there are hundreds of PvP games on the market that give everybody the same tools and equal footing, and millions of people play those. So it can and does work.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Now it will be about who has unlocked the most of their artifact and pve gear.
    Nope. Very likely that everyone will scale to the same ilvl and all PvE set bonuses and artifact effects will be disabled. PvP set bonuses of old will come from the PvP talents. In other words, everyone will be at the same playing ground assuming you've maxed out at least one Honor level.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Nope. Very likely that everyone will scale to the same ilvl and all PvE set bonuses and artifact effects will be disabled. PvP set bonuses of old will come from the PvP talents. In other words, everyone will be at the same playing ground assuming you've maxed out at least one Honor level.
    I would like for that to be the case, but in that interview one of the questions was if PvP gear is going away, will everyone be normalized to the same iLvl or will it be based on your PvE iLvl, and the developer said it would be your PvE iLvl. That definitely has me worried, cause if it turns into a case where you have to raid to do well in PvP, that absolutely will kill it and defy the whole point of gear going away.

Not sure if anyones mentioned this but....
    Okay cool pvp gear is going away.
    Cool we can pvp in pve gear and be fine coz everyone will scale up or down to the same level.......
    So um.... How do i stack mastery on my arms warrior? Guess i gotta keep all the greens from questing?