Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Finding a raid guild will be nigh on impossible

So I'm in a pretty good currently, actually one of the best in the world for <6 hours/week. Now, my superiors in the guild are going to get priority on rerolling to DH than raiders like myself.

Sadly for me, my plan was to reroll regardless of what my guild wants. I've been talking about rerolling ever since mop, that I would play the next new class (I didn't like monk) no matter what it is, just because I want a fresh start.

So I'm in a bit of a pickle now. Every semi serious guild in the world is going to have internal rerolling taking place. Meaning what now? Well, people like me who are above the average wow player, are either going to have to play with others below their own skill level or just play the class the guild needs.

You see, the class population of DH is going to be through the roof. With monk and death knight, these classes had internal deterrents to rerollers, such as starting from a lower level and having to do old content.

Demon Hunter however, is going to jump right into the expansion straight out of the starting DH zone.

So, is anyone else in a similar situation as myself. What are you going to do, what is your plan? I'm thinking I guess I'll just migrate to a realm I want to be on (I'm changing faction too for a change, 10 years of horde is meh) and play from there. Gear up with fast queue's as a vengeance tank, try pug a couple things for some gear and hopefully find an opening in a good guild that plays at my level eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no guild right now and I feel like I'm gonna be pretty screwed so I can't help you on that.
    But giving your officers priority to be DH is complete bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually Tanking on a Demon Hunter might give you more options than DPS. I don't know what your role is like now.

It's sad you are worried about playing a game, that isn't released yet, that won't be released for like 8+ months, that you play for fun.

Do us all a favor and don't lose any sleep over it.

I like how you start your post with "i have more of a right to reroll than anyone else".

But that aside, Demon Hunter is going to be flavor of the month city. Everyone without any loyalty to their class is going to roll one and there will be XxIllidanxX's running around all over the place.

Yes, no one will want all those trash people who have no idea how to play their class properly dpsing in their raids. If people would just stick with their own guilds it wouldn't be a problem, but since half the people in every guild wants to reroll, that aint gonna work. Somebody is going to have to make sacrifices somewhere along the way but everyone is too selfish for that, they all want to be "the one".

But nevermind all that. Demon Hunter tank is where it's at. People always want and need tanks and it doesn't matter how many DPS demon hunter shitters are in a raid, a demon hunter tank won't be counted as part of that.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsla View Post
    So I'm in a pretty good currently, actually one of the best in the world for <6 hours/week. Now, my superiors in the guild are going to get priority on rerolling to DH than raiders like myself.

Sadly for me, my plan was to reroll regardless of what my guild wants. I've been talking about rerolling ever since mop, that I would play the next new class (I didn't like monk) no matter what it is, just because I want a fresh start.

So I'm in a bit of a pickle now. Every semi serious guild in the world is going to have internal rerolling taking place. Meaning what now? Well, people like me who are above the average wow player, are either going to have to play with others below their own skill level or just play the class the guild needs.

You see, the class population of DH is going to be through the roof. With monk and death knight, these classes had internal deterrents to rerollers, such as starting from a lower level and having to do old content.

Demon Hunter however, is going to jump right into the expansion straight out of the starting DH zone.

So, is anyone else in a similar situation as myself. What are you going to do, what is your plan? I'm thinking I guess I'll just migrate to a realm I want to be on (I'm changing faction too for a change, 10 years of horde is meh) and play from there. Gear up with fast queue's as a vengeance tank, try pug a couple things for some gear and hopefully find an opening in a good guild that plays at my level eventually.
    Well, based on my experience (from the BEST guild in the entire WORLD for <25mins/wk), things have a way of working themselves out.

Well the problem is that you are insisting on a guild that makes you raid less than 6 hours a week, and you want to play DH as your main. If you are in a guild that is already mostly through mythic raiding only 6 hours, why not just make a DH alt and gear up with alt raids, and then prove that you are the best demon hunter on your server and that you should be able to switch mains. The biggest thing you have going for you is the guild you are in, most people would kill to be 8/13M wand only be putting in 2 nights/week.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

I think you are both correct and wrong if you can prove yourself exceptional at a class anyone would be a fool not to bring you to a raiding guild at the moment in my guild we only have 2 people who even want to reroll to them one being myself and the other being my main tank. I'm sure there will be TONS of demon hunters looking for guilds but keep in mind a lot of players in this game are not very good sadly, Just be sure to keep good knowledge of your class once it starts flowing and you should be fine.
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

Towards the end of each expansion my guild always forms a kind of roster of our "new" raid team when new expansion launches. If anyone is switching mains, it's reflected on the new list, and if people want to be FOTM crap like demon hunters, they can only get away with it if they are already exceptional melee players or if we are losing melee players to ranged classes.

But everyone and their mother will "have" a demon hunter, they'll just play it as an alt, as it should be. They aren't allowed in raids unless they are exceptional, they'll just be pugging a lot or joining one of the shit guilds some of our people have alts in that they slum with.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

i only pug anymore. so i know what you mean it will be hard to find spots but im not looking for a consistent spot just a pug slot and that usually goes to the highest ilvl. back when i raided seriously (wotlk) i was in the #1 guild on my server (not Kil'Jaeden) and was usually in the top 4 dps as a rogue. I think that me playing melee except for mop will give me an edge over a lot of the people rerolling. Raiding as Melee is very different than range. Its incredibly obvious if someone hasn't been melee before because they eat a lot of mechanics. Best advice is decide if you play this game to have fun or if you have fun with your current guild. Luckily life decided for me that I do not have time to be a serious raider anymore.
    Kaltra - Vengeance DH Illidan

Deleted
    Top meters in pugs or when you fill in for a regular and they will invite you again.

much truth in the statement above
    Kaltra - Vengeance DH Illidan

15+ Year Old Account
    finding a raid guild as havoc is okay-ish, I guess. they need melee dps, you do good melee dps, you will get invited. so that's not class specific. if they need a lether melee dps, they won't care if you are a rogue, a druid or a monk. or a DH. except maybe if they have 4 rogues/monks/druid/DHs already they won't look for another rogue/monk/druid/DH, buuuut that's not really DH specific, as you see.

finding a raid guild as a vengeance will be nigh to impossible though, but also not because of you being a DH, but because of you being a tank. because 99% of all guilds that raid with somewhat decent progress... well, they have their tanks. and most tanks do not reroll to a non tank class, and if they do, they probably will already have someone in their roster that will reroll (most likely DH) tank, soooo... that's not DH specific either.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    It's sad you are worried about playing a game, that isn't released yet, that won't be released for like 8+ months, that you play for fun.

Do us all a favor and don't lose any sleep over it.
    Rerolling the fotm hero class like so many others and trying to find a raid guild could potentially be an issue. Although I don't believe it will be, since most of them will play it and quit or go back to their mains. If you're a competent player, you shouldn't have too much trouble unless you're on a really low pop realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsla View Post

lol god no.

Death Knights were so insanely popular in Wrath. I actually rolled one to Unholy tank and I was just grateful my guilds alt run needed a tank of any kind, because every pug consisted of about 50 players wrestling for control over the DK spots.

Admittedly monks were and still are less popular, but no I honestly think you've misremembered. Playing a Death Knight of any kind in Wrath was horrible until about T9 when it only just started to even out a little, and even then it was still a 'popular' class. It wasn't until Cata did the numbers properly even out, and I expect the same will be for Demon Hunters. It's a hard life, but it's the nature of all new classes.

I would suggest tanking on your DH though. Tanking is always unpopular and it'll have less competition than the melee dps places

Deleted
    As people have said, going tank DH might be your best choice. Or, prove you are teh best DH in your guild/server might be an option. Personally I'll try tank as I like the tank classes and as I already like warrior and monk tanks for their mobility, I am looking forward to 'unrivaled' mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bhoy View Post
    I am looking forward to 'unrivaled' mobility.
    Monks are already so mobile with roll, flying serpent kick and their tier 1 talents, I have such a hard time believing demon hunters will actually be more mobile than them. My monk is my soloing alt just because it can get around instances/raids much faster than any other class, save for maybe nightstalker+burst of speed spamming rogues.

Deleted
    As Raidleader of own guild etc have already started hearing the "I want to reroll" worries will just be a melee soup the weapons are cool and everything but only melee really use them my mage doesn't give a toss what staff he is holding if then just uses hands cast everything.

Did think was funny how many people said want to roll ret pally just for ashbringer

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd agree with most post here about proving yourself. If you're good and they can see it you won't have problems.

As far as priority goes, in my guild at least, prio for DH re-roll goes like this:

current rogues / ferals > melee dps > others

don't think we'd ever allow more then 1 ranged to reroll, simply cuz we got a ratio of 1:3 ranged to melee :P

Quote Originally Posted by Denizly View Post
    I'd agree with most post here about proving yourself. If you're good and they can see it you won't have problems.

As far as priority goes, in my guild at least, prio for DH re-roll goes like this:

current rogues / ferals > melee dps > others

don't think we'd ever allow more then 1 ranged to reroll, simply cuz we got a ratio of 1:3 ranged to melee :P
    Don't have any tanks that want to roll a demon hunter? A demon hunter tank sounds so badass.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    level up your main, gear him for raid, make him a raider toon only.

level up your DH as alt, spend most on your time on him ( because you enjoy doing so ), make his gear in pair with your main ( or close atleast ), you can snap raid spots in pugs if you have raid achievs on your main, wait for the best opportunity to reroll, DO IT.

thats what i did when i wanted to reroll from resto shaman to warrior, you dont expect to just "force reroll" on the guild, well because you will f**kup the roster.