Poll: Demon hunter resource?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Absolutely nothing is proven either way. We can only speculate for now.
    Dude they already stated the resource for DH is demonic fury. Generated by some skill and used by others. So it is pretty much "proven". But well the xpack is far from release so anything can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Varlak View Post
    Dude they already stated the resource for DH is demonic fury. Generated by some skill and used by others. So it is pretty much "proven". But well the xpack is far from release so anything can happen.
    It could be that the demonic fury generating abilities use energy though, just as monks use jab(which costs energy) to generate chi. That, or they go with the paladin route where your abilities that generate demonic fury have short cooldowns, but essentially no resource cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Varlak View Post
    No, it is proven that a resource is called Fury, but not that it is the only resource.
    Monks use energy for only four or five abilities. They still have an energy bar though, and we haven't seen what the Demon Hunter's filler ability is, only five of their bigger ones.

We have seen one ability that generates Fury and none that consume it, literally no other ability we have seen involves any kind of resource, but that doesn't mean that Fury is never spent!
    Last edited by Imnick; 2015-08-10 at 04:58 PM.

> We have seen one ability that generates Fury and none that consume it

Thus far, we've seen six abilities. One, the charge, makes fury. One, the spectral sight that lets you see through walls, has no interaction with fury. The other four all cost fury.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought they did use mana like wc3 ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by XorMalice View Post
    Thus far, we've seen six abilities. One, the charge, makes fury. One, the spectral sight that lets you see through walls, has no interaction with fury. The other four all cost fury.
    I stand corrected, I misread the tooltips.

I think they use Demonic Fury (or just Fury) because in the reveal they showed abilities that built Fury and abilities that spent Fury. However, on the official Demon Hunter page, it says they use Energy which has me confused. I feel like 'energy' is just a placeholder until they update the website more but who knows. I would kind of be upset if they used energy, way too much energy being used in the game atm, and it isn't even that great of a resource mechanic.

https://youtu.be/trJiscnWZ8c?t=2m41s

This very recent interview makes a stronger case than any previous one for Fury being a Primary Resource rather than a Secondary.
    It was compared to Rage, the Primary resource of Warriors, and so probably functions in a similar way. If it is very similar to Warriors it may mean they have no Secondary Resource at all.

Here is the solid source I was looking for, I am now pretty convinced that they don't use energy for anything

This very recent interview makes a stronger case than any previous one for Fury being a Primary Resource rather than a Secondary.
    It was compared to Rage, the Primary resource of Warriors, and so probably functions in a similar way. If it is very similar to Warriors it may mean they have no Secondary Resource at all.

Here is the solid source I was looking for, I am now pretty convinced that they don't use energy for anything
    I can dig it. I'd kind of prefer energy with lower GCD and a bit of downtime over GCD capped with longer GCD though, but I think I'll still really enjoy it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XorMalice View Post
    Given that "Fury" was announced moments after the demon hunter video played, not having it in the poll is pretty damned silly. We know their current build and intention uses Fury, because every move we've seen except Spectral Sight either creates or spends Fury.
    Given OP's posts, he didn't actually watch the stream

Deleted
    Not mane because he's demon, come on!
    Not energy because we don't need another monk!
    Fury seems to be okay, but still..

It was compared to Rage, the Primary resource of Warriors, and so probably functions in a similar way.

While it's still early, that video makes it VERY clear that Fury is a lot like rage.

Lemme get my transcriber hat on. Kalgan's primary language seems to be Hand-ese, so I'll try to get that.

What's the difference between Fury and Rage?
    Honestly, they are similar in a lot of ways. The primary difference is just the way in which they build it up [shows a bar building from his left to his right], the way in which it gets spent [Shows resource leaving the bar, spent].

And you know, rage has changed over time, you know [Shows different iterations over a timeline]. There's been times when your basic attacks that build it up,[shows autoattacks with an axe, chop chop chop] and then you spend it [shows spending the same way as before].
    There's other times that we've done abilities that build it up [rolls hands for 'abilities'], but it's really that, the core distinction being, basic attacks versus not.

This VERY much makes it sound like Focus/Rage Star Wars: The Old Republic resource. This resource is built by several specials, the weakest one having no cooldown or restriction, and spent by different specials. It sounds very much like it is a form of rage that only interacts with specials while in combat. We can likely assume that the current version would drain out of combat, as it very much sounds like it's based on rage.

This also means that energy is, while not entirely off the table, not being planned for in the slightest. He would absolutely have brought up energy if that was used in their development.

This interview is huge, thanks.
    Last edited by XorMalice; 2015-08-10 at 09:46 PM.