Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Because certain people happen to be profoundly stupid, and we should not be in the business of catering to idiots.

To give an example, thanks to the outrage over vaccines containing thimerosal it is now significantly more expensive to get vaccines to people in Africa because they cannot be produced en masse as they used to.
    You don't sell a potentially poisoned product to people and expect them to accept it. You remove all doubt.

But apparently that's too much to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    No.

Unvaccinated people give the disease a place to shelter and mutate, changing the disease to something that the rest of the population has no immunity to and causing epidemics. Not to mention they spread it to the few that CANNOT get vaccinations for valid reasons or cannot depend on them fully (immuno-compromised, children below the age to get vaccinated, allergies to eggs [most vaccinations are egg-based, funnily enough]).

It's not a personal thing when you decide not to get vaccinations - you're fucking over everyone around you.
    By the time you have taken a vaccine, it's probably mutated already. But someone somewhere is making some $$$.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    The root cause must be ignorance. The objective research data is there, but these people choose to ignore it. I can't call that anything but ignorance.
    It's much better to just read what it says on the description and listen to what the people who's cashing in billions of dollars a year are telling you. They want to inject my kids with some chemicals.....Fuck it, what can happen? I trust these guys!

But people are ignorant for asking questions....wait.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    There's something called an appeal to authority fallacy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority

Just because a scientist tells you that something is true, doesn't mean that it is. They can abuse their presumed authority.
    Of course it doesn't. That's why you background check the researcher conducting the study, organization they work for and who provided a research grant. This is called critical thinking.

You don't sell a potentially poisoned product to people and expect them to accept it. You remove all doubt.

But apparently that's too much to ask.
    Sorry, is solid scientific evidence not enough proof?

It's not just "ignorance" as others put in this thread. I'm not aware of other arguments but there are legitimate reasons as to why someone would be uneasy in taking a vaccine. What makes a vaccine effective is that a portion of the virus (e.g: measles) is injected into your body. It also depends on what the virus is but side effects can range from muscle aches to brain damage.

A common response is that it's a very rare case for someone to have a serious side effect but consider that individually we all have a different chemical makeup. Even if 1 out of 100k people are affected on Earth from the vaccine, that's over 70,000 and that's not even factoring if someone has a low white blood cell count like children, elderly or people suffering from an autoimmune disease. Lastly, there's also that possibility that the vaccine simply doesn't work. Though I have received vaccines I completely understand someone feeling apprehensive towards them.

Deleted
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority

There is no such thing as 'enough proof' to somebody who is simply trying to get a rise out of you. C'mon, he's gone into conspiracy theory territory, he's trolling the people who reply to him super hard.

Right. Because apparently science has -not- enabled us to, say, go to the moon, or double our lifespans, or eliminate several very deadly diseases.

Science doesn't make arguments from authority. So you're just entirely wrong. Science provides frameworks where you, or anyone, can re-test the methods and conclusions drawn, so you can see the results for yourself, and it's that openness that is its core strength. It's anything but authoritative in nature.

Deleted
    Right. Because apparently science has -not- enabled us to, say, go to the moon, or double our lifespans, or eliminate several very deadly diseases.
    How do you know we went to the moon? Wasn't it a scientist who said we have?

How do you know those diseases existed? A scientist told you?

How do you know we haven't always lived to 90? Someone said the past was difference?

Authority fallacy!!

/s

He can keep going in circles all day long, it's brilliant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Science doesn't make arguments from authority. So you're just entirely wrong.
    How do you know that scientists are right and not blinded by ideology?

Maybe they believe in "balance".

Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Anti-vaxxers are people who are ignorant and are incapable of forming their own opinion on it. Andrew Wakefield, the guy who conducted the autism and vaccine link paper, is no longer allowed to practice medicine in the UK ever again because of his paper. They've done so many studies on it and found no link it's untrue.

Anti-Vaxxers are selfish and down right cruel. They risk the health of people who cannot have vaccines due to compromised immune systems, and they let their children suffer because they're as thick as two short planks.
    RETH

Maybe they believe in "balance".
    For the same reason that I know that invisible pink unicorns aren't having tea in my backyard.

Because unless you've got actual evidence to back up your wild assertions, I've got no reason to give them any consideration whatsoever. They're just a baseless piece of make-believe.

Because science as a whole has a self-vetting mechanism which invariably weeds out the ideologically motivated ones eventually.

3. And more importantly, vaccines contain neurotoxins such as mercury which destroys connectivity in a child's brain, thus causing autism. Vaccines bypass a child's natural defenses because they are injected into the blood, and mercury can bypass the blood brain barrier.
    ...educate yourself please
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Argument from authority: believe me because I'm a doctor.
    Not an argument from authority: believe me because there's all of this objective data backing this up.

Modern medicine is extremely focused on objectively oriented medicine, with the pharmaceutical world run exclusively on randomized controlled trials. Argument from authority is not applicable.

Stood in the Fire Starscream101's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    No.

Unvaccinated people give the disease a place to shelter and mutate, changing the disease to something that the rest of the population has no immunity to and causing epidemics. Not to mention they spread it to the few that CANNOT get vaccinations for valid reasons or cannot depend on them fully (immuno-compromised, children below the age to get vaccinated, allergies to eggs [most vaccinations are egg-based, funnily enough]).

It's not a personal thing when you decide not to get vaccinations - you're fucking over everyone around you.
    That's funny I know a girl who had vaccinations and she got the measles twice and she got vaccinations for it both times. So what if someone who has had both vaccinations and the measles is she fucking over everyone around her. I mean it did not work even tho she took said vaccinations are they not mutated.
    Signature And Avatar Courtesy Of Elyssia

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    For the same reason that I know that invisible pink unicorns aren't having tea in my backyard.

Because unless you've got actual evidence to back up your wild assertions, I've got no reason to give them any consideration whatsoever. They're just a baseless piece of make-believe.
    Careful Endus, this guy is posting things about how 'women social engineers' are using vaccines as a vehicle to cause autism in men in order to make them docile so they can rule over us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post

Anti-vaxxers are people who are ignorant and are incapable of forming their own opinion on it. Andrew Wakefield, the guy who conducted the autism and vaccine link paper, is no longer allowed to practice medicine in the UK ever again because of his paper. They've done so many studies on it and found no link it's untrue.

Anti-Vaxxers are selfish and down right cruel. They risk the health of people who cannot have vaccines due to compromised immune systems, and they let their children suffer because they're as thick as two short planks.
    I wish I could save you somehow but you are just so deeply brainwashed and grabbed by the machines claws I'm having a hard time believing.

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream101 View Post
    That's funny I know a girl who had vaccinations and she got the measles twice and she got vaccinations for it both times. So what if someone who has had both vaccinations and the measles is she fucking over everyone around her. I mean it did not work even tho she took said vaccinations are they not mutated.
    The chances of that happening, let alone twice, are rare enough to be insignificant.