The Warlock aesthetic for Legion.

Warlocks have always had a certain charm, a certain aesthetic, and ever since the Cmode set in Mop. I feel like that was the pinnacle of what a warlock should be. Subconsciously knowing that the only thing to challenge it would be the demon hunter class. Which I never thought they would do, specifically after them saying adding a new class would be to much work. Now that they are coming, and warlocks are going to have a decent revamp. I was wondering what could blizz do to give Warlocks a new style in terms of art. One concept at caught my eye.

Stood in the Fire Lisa Frank Succubus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully something better than the awful warlock tier 18 armor, the LFR gear looks more "warlocky" than that. Sad too because t17 looked really good.

Purple and green fire. No need to change that; Demon Hunters have absolutely nothing to do with fel fire in Warcraft III. Even their Immolation was a normal red, unlike Archimonde and Mannoroth's spells, so there shouldn't be any clashes with Warlocks. Particularly the T2 Nemesis set for me personally encompasses everything about the Warlock class visually.
    Last edited by Duckz0rs; 2015-08-10 at 09:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabacr View Post
    Hopefully something better than the awful warlock tier 18 armor, the LFR gear looks more "warlocky" than that. Sad too because t17 looked really good.
    T18 is a rehash of the old Dreadmist set; it is very Warlocky. My issues with it are that a) it's a rehash, and b) the textures clip and lose alignment just from breathing, nevermind actually moving properly. It's just really badly made.

Of the sets. for me, that really captured the essence of Warlock; I think the dungeons sets, and T1 through 10 (minus 9) actually do it, particularly T1, T5 and T8. While I like T12, I think by that point they started departing too much from trying to get the class and were more about the raid.

I'm glad the Demon Hunter/Warlock question has been finally laid to rest though, I think it'll be good for the class to lose that ambiguity.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    Purple and green fire. No need to change that; Demon Hunters have absolutely nothing to do with fel fire in Warcraft III. Even their Immolation was a normal red, unlike Archimonde and Mannoroth's spells, so there shouldn't be any clashes with Warlocks.
    Demon Hunter immolation was fel-green.

http://classic.battle.net/war3/image...eens/ss006.jpg

Their meta form fired green bolts, and did Chaos damage.

You're in for a shock if you think there won't be a ton of overlap between DHs and Warlocks. Hell, even their class color is fel-green.

As someone with MoP CM set i feel like i killed DH and made a coat from his skin and helm from his head. Feels good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Demon Hunter immolation was fel-green.

http://classic.battle.net/war3/image...eens/ss006.jpg

Their meta form fired green bolts, and did Chaos damage.

You're in for a shock if you think there won't be a ton of overlap between DHs and Warlocks. Hell, even their class color is fel-green.
    Ah my bad, looked up a picture of the demon hunter and could've sworn it was red. Thanks for correcting me. Either way green fel and chaos magic in general is associated with Demons overall, looking at Mannoroth, Gul'dan and Archimonde, not Demon Hunters specifically.

That would quite literally be similar to taking away the frost spec from mages when Death Knights got released. Several classes can and should be able to use the same schools of magic (see: mage/DK using frost, paladin/priest using holy). So unless they retcon Warlocks altogether into not using any type of demonic magic I'm pretty sure both classes will have Fel as a main thematic.
    Last edited by Duckz0rs; 2015-08-10 at 11:22 AM. Reason: formatting

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    As someone with MoP CM set i feel like i killed DH and made a coat from his skin and helm from his head. Feels good.
    I miss the excitement of that quest and how it pushed the level of skill I had to play at, considering I killed him at 471 Ilvl.I had to do everything flawlessly and use DB to give me a little more time. It bums me out that the Artifacts won't have that difficulty level, which I think the final version or to get that last relic slot, should have that extreme skill curve. Tho I am glad they put it in, I wish they handled it differently.

For me, the most iconic Warlock tier sets (no particular order beyond first two):

10, 17 = tied for most iconic to me. By far. When I think "Warlock" these are the two looks that come to mind.

5,6,14 (honestly I do put 14 above most as far as sets I like, but it's much too tied to a specific xpac for me to consider it as iconic for the class as 10 and 17)

Honorable mentions:
    1, 8, 13

Really, we don't have a ton of sets that directly reflect demonic-ness. 1, 6, 17 ? There's a lot of room to do more. I could see Legion sets reflecting the specific prevalent enemies. Really only a few times we had sets that really evoke the enemies of the tier we got them in (12, 13, 14 ... hrm, arguably 15 and 17 also although the Mogu influence on 15 is sketchy and we didn't directly fight Gul'dan in 17).

Does give me some room for concern tho ... I heard plenty of chatter that DK and Warlock should have swapped t18 appearance, and I bet there will be some future DH sets that some Warlocks will think fit us better. Hopefully they focus on a mix between demon and elf influences, whereas I think we have more room for variety (although we do share some crossover space with both DHs and DKs, neither of whom share space with one another)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    indeed, demon hunter skin is quite warm isnt it. Keeps my undead bones well insulated.

Please make that a warlock form ;w;
    It looks so amazing, I can picture it already.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    Please make that a warlock form ;w;
    It looks so amazing, I can picture it already.
    I think that this might be another form (to replace Metamorphosis) that Demonology will take in order to command demons. This really seems like someone is controlling something. Our main Artifact might be that Eye, maybe Off-hand, because it's on left side, and main hand might be a wand or dagger.

Or... This is just a new mob for the expansion...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyoda View Post
    I think that this might be another form (to replace Metamorphosis) that Demonology will take in order to command demons. This really seems like someone is controlling something. Our main Artifact might be that Eye, maybe Off-hand, because it's on left side, and main hand might be a wand or dagger.

Or... This is just a new mob for the expansion...
    This would be nice. Or form to control powerful demons.

Deleted
    Wish they'd do something more interesting than just green fire / legion stuff.

I miss some of the older sets from WOTLK / TBC. If you mean beyond armor, I don't think anything really needs changing. You're not going to mistake a warlock for a demon hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    T18 is a rehash of the old Dreadmist set; it is very Warlocky.
    wat? I'm not seeing that at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    wat? I'm not seeing that at all.
    Purple Normal mode version shows it best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Purple Normal mode version shows it best.
    I duno, I mean, kinda I guess? Still struggling to see it.

I spent most of classic wearing Dreadmist after some saint who was quitting the game while I was still leveling up gave me some of the BOE pieces. I just don't see it in the tier set, the most iconic image to me being the hood, large collar, huge gloves and ram skull shoulders. Instead we get a skull face, non-ram skull shoulders, puny gloves and no collar.

I can definitely see it in the skirt-region now you mention it though.

Not sure if that upsets me more though. Deathmist is probably tied for my favorite set in the game alongside the old TBC crafted shadow damage set that was a lovely recolour of mage T1. I thought they'd done a pretty neat job of paying homage or outright re-doing older models in WOD, but if this is supposed to be dreadmist it's certainly not doing it for me.

i'd kill for a HD version of T4/5/6
    made by Shyama

Those one of the new mob types briefly seen in the Legion reveal trailer before the gaggle of felguards march out. They move like the Mogu ghosts but can sorta see a group of them.

It would be pretty awesome if they could add some sort of class quest (Green Fire like) for all classes. It doesn't necessarily have to have the same effect, as to change a spells colour. But something for all classes would be good imo. That being said, purple fire, sign me up!