Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Well from first hand experience you could say. Also from guildies.

Thing is i am very competitive. i play Moba's and strategi games against other players along with sports in real life.

But as soon as someone starts out on a different level the fun is gone. Its no longer competitive.

I dont mind loosing to someone better then myself because i can learn from that.

The only thing i learn from loosing to someone vastly, and knowing its going to happen a lot of times, is that its not worth it when there are so many other great pvp games out there
    Interesting. So, do you prefer height, weight, or experienced capped recreational sports leagues? Maybe play basketball with the Asian courts at the park?

Regardless, yes, I don't think most people are as competitive as they believe they are. Being competitive only when they believe it's within their favor is a very low standard of competitiveness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    No
    No
    No

and NO

Gear affecting pvp is dumb enough, putting rating reqirement on top of it is even more dumb.
    amen. But I don't hope blizzard descides to make raiding mandatory for gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Einst3in View Post
    I dont see how people should be specially rewarded besides mounts etc. When I play arena seriously I wanna see how far I can push myself skillwise. And the fun comes from playing in a good comp with good mates way WAY more than from items. And if you give "elite" pvpers some special rewards, what about pve then? What about the people who kill stuff earlier with lower itemlvl prenerf? It actually would be fun to see something like this happen just to embrace the insance shitstorm that would follow instantly.
    But perhaps thats just this materialistic thinking to have status symbols, to fell better than everyone else because you have stuff the can not afford/get. ^^
    It is no secret that the game have evolved and have become more casual friendly over the years. To the point that it sacrifices prestige/goals. When that happens people will have less reasons to actually subscribe to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shapeduz View Post
    You have to understand that if u put a requirement at lets say 2,2k for a higher ilvl of gear, players that are 2100 and climbing will face those with better gear and even tho they may play better then those with 2,2k rating they might lose cos those with 100+ rating have better gear. Do you really think thats a good way to do it?
    That is bullshit imo.

You aren't losing matches because of one piece of gear.

And yes it is a good way to do it because it gives people incentives to push rating. If you are good enough you will eventually get the rating with or without ONE piece of gear.

At the moment there is almost no incentive to gain rating for most people. The ONLY incentive is get glad for a mount or don't and maybe a cosmetic award or two. At least when there are 1800 shoulders and 2200 weapons there are incentives for many people in the bracket other than the top .5%.

Quote Originally Posted by Icehotshot View Post
    That is bullshit imo.

You aren't losing matches because of one piece of gear.
    If that one item was a weapon then yes you would lose matches because of it.

It's not just one piece of gear, they r at a higher rating which means they get more cp so they get gear faster. and some classes scale really hard with their weapon that's why getting the t2 weapon is huge for stuff like warriors.

Deleted
    Not at all, just let the ppl fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Equoowe View Post
    If that one item was a weapon then yes you would lose matches because of it.
    No, you wouldn't. TBC, WOTLK, and even Cata is a great example of this. Things didn't go haywire until MOP when item levels exploded and PVP power was introduced. Gear used to mean so much less, especially for certain classes.

I think lol is a good example for a pvp system, rating has nothing to do with player power. It's a game that rewards skill and helps balance itself with bans, counters and even play style. It shows if u make a fun game ppl will play it.

Making pvp fun in wow is all that is truly needed. Blizzard adding me knobs to turn to balance class and specs is a start. Adding more knobs for players to turn to adjust specs for specific strategies and adjust spec strengths and weaknesses as well as bringing out class/spec strengths and weakness.

If blizzard can make pvp fun it will help their sub numbers greatly, it will give players something to do during content droughts.

I do. It was more motivation to improve imo. Getting to 1800 wasn't that hard which granted access to all of the gear I think, expect shoulders maybe?

I personally never hit 2200 yet I was always trying to so I could obtain the weapon. Now what I"m doing is not logging on at all just waiting for my Conquest Cap to reach the point where I can collect all the gear at once. I'll do 2s with a Healer as a Warrior and simply leave if I face another healer comp, since win or lose they take forever. Grind out all my gear and Yay!

Last season I was going for the transmog gear. It's rather lousy this time around so I'm not really bothering.

Quote Originally Posted by hamski View Post
    No, you wouldn't. TBC, WOTLK, and even Cata is a great example of this. Things didn't go haywire until MOP when item levels exploded and PVP power was introduced. Gear used to mean so much less, especially for certain classes.
    If you think a melee class not having a T2 PvP or weapon vs having one wouldn't decide a game then straight up you have no idea what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Equoowe View Post
    If you think a melee class not having a T2 PvP or weapon vs having one wouldn't decide a game then straight up you have no idea what you are talking about.
    The T2 weapon made a big difference for melee classes and is one of the things I think Blizzard should try to improve if they consider to make an updated version of rating requirements for gear pieces.

If PVE'ers can get top end gear PVP'ers should also be able too as well.

The way it appears atm is that PVE gear will rule all. I hope instead that they allow high rated players to get equivalent ilvl gear from PVP.

If you can't high end raid or high end pvp then you don't deserve the best gear. Basically allow two paths to top end gear. You can mythic raid or gain a high rating in pvp for the BEST ilvl gear.

That way non-bads can get top end gear from only pvping.
    So wrong. PVP is about skill PVE is about progression. If you can obtain mythic lvl gear from pvp it will trivialize raid encounters and PVE races.

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    So wrong. PVP is about skill PVE is about progression. If you can obtain mythic lvl gear from pvp it will trivialize raid encounters and PVE races.
    I disagree. Both PvP and PvE involves skill but each in a different way. If there is no progression in PvP/PvE or infact in any game out there, there wont be much incentive to continue to play anymore.

No.

10char

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    How so will it "trvialize" raid encounters?

As of right now it is MUCH MORE DIFFICULT to do well in PVP than in PVE. MANY more people have mythic gear than people who have 2400cr+ in arena.

MANY more people have mythic gear than people who have 2400cr+ in arena.
    Yeah, and your comparison is just retarded. Congratulations!

10+ Year Old Account
    How so will it "trvialize" raid encounters?

As of right now it is MUCH MORE DIFFICULT to do well in PVP than in PVE. MANY more people have mythic gear than people who have 2400cr+ in arena.
    Raiders and PVPrs worry about different things, it's basically 2 different games. I wouldn't make the argument that one is about 'skill' and one isn't, it's subjective. Raid Positioning / mechanic memory / patience / organization / preparation.. those are still things that one can be skilled in as well imo. Bad comparison, just saying.

i miss it, it was rewarding being better than others.