Are Demon Hunters and Warlocks enemies?

Just curious; Aren't Warlocks and DHs mortal enemies due to the nature of their classes?

I don't think there's any inherent bad blood between the two classes, it just depends on where the loyalties of said individuals lie. They're both just turning the powers of demons against the Legion, but with different motives, styles and origins. When the Illidari were servants under Illidan and were trying to kill us, then they were enemies of us all, including the Warlocks. But, with the Illidari fighting with us against the Legion, I think the Warlocks will be the only ones that can really understand and accept what Demon Hunters are and do. Most others will treat Demon Hunters the way they treat the Warlocks: as abominations, heretics, and a time bomb waiting to go off.

For all we know, lorewise, Warlocks summoning and enslaving all these demons that started the invasion.

Its always your fault Warlocks, always.
    Last edited by Paula Deen; 2015-08-13 at 12:29 AM.

Deleted
    Depends on what kind of Warlocks we are talking about.

Demon Hunters are chastised for using Demon powers to fight against Demons so I doubt they'd hate Warlocks doing the same.

Warlocks that aid the Legion better watch out though

One becomes a demon to kill demons, the other enslaves demons to kill demons. Why would they be mortal enemies?

I don't think they'd be enemies, but certainly on opposing sides of each other.

Demon Hunters would think Warlocks to be mere mortals who recklessly endanger themselves/the world by summoning demons.

Warlocks would think Demon Hunters are Half-Demons, and therefore be able to control them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Deleted
    Its the same like asking if Death Knights and Paladins are mortal enemies, yet the Argent Crusade banded together with the Knights of the Ebon Blade in order to defeat the Lich King.

How about Hunters and Shapeshifters? (lol)

I'd imagine there's a degree of dislike and mistrust towards us from the Demon Hunters, but then again there's just as much mistrust from anyone else. Lorewise Warlocks are hated and shunned by society, I can't see any members of the Horde or Alliance being fully comfortable with summoning the enemy to aid us. Then again, the description of attitudes towards the now half-demonic demon hunters sounds much the same. They wouldn't like us, but then again they're seeking to use fel magic against the legion themselves. I imagine if they were to really think about it they would have no leg to stand on there. That doesn't mean they have to like us of course.

Demon hunters, lost their soul and eyes, to become demons, to have the power of demons to kill demons.(which is their sight)

Warlocks are former Voodoo priests and mages that at some point wanted more power and knowledge, which lead them to demons and fel, which they were able to harness it and somewhat control it, while still being somewhat of an individual bound to no ones will but their own.

In my mind, DH are somewhat like sunwalkers and Warlocks are Paladins/Vindicators. Nothing more. Each have their own reasoning behind their choices. I do not think one dislikes the other at all. I think they are both just not aware of each other.

I think that Warlocks had XX (insert the amount of time that has passed from Illidan's defeat to the time when Legion hits, in Warcraft years) to evolve as a class, and to evolve as powerful spell casters and demon slavers. As DH where locked up for XX years.

Also it is time for them to revise warlock lore for current times.

As long as their goals align they will work together but demon hunters will look upon warlocks with a weary eye, and if they step out of turn, begin to hunt them as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    As long as their goals align they will work together but demon hunters will look upon warlocks with a weary eye, and if they step out of turn, begin to hunt them as well.
    but couldn't a lock quite easily beat a DH with their knowledge on how to enslave demons etc.

/cast enslave demon /cast grimoire of sacrifice. ggwp

the difference is that warlock taps in to fel magic for his own gains, not to counter the legion
    made by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gruxxar View Post
    the difference is that warlock taps in to fel magic for his own gains, not to counter the legion
    Really depends on the Warlock. Some go down the route of fighting fire with fire.

Warlocks have far more in common with Demon Hunters than any other class I think. I don't really see them being enemies.

We're Warlocks.

I'm pretty sure everyone is our enemy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    We're Warlocks.

I'm pretty sure everyone is our enemy.
    I'd look at it differently. It's not so much that everyone is our enemy. It's just that no one is our friend. *insert forever alone meme*

Seriously though, there's tons of allies we don't hurt, even if we do go for any major source of power we can find. No one likes us though, wether we are beneficial to them or not.

We're like the guy that lights fireworks with a sigaret that's still in his mouth. People think we're crazy and stay away from us while we are doing what we are doing, but they're not necessarily our enemy. They just think we're completely mental.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    Really depends on the Warlock. Some go down the route of fighting fire with fire.
    Very much this. My Alliance-side Worgen alt Warlock is purely interested in attaining ultimate mastery of the mysteries of the cosmos. If he has to show up when the big shots declare a crisis and use his proficiency in cosmic mysteries to burninate the designated enemies as the price for otherwise being left alone to his studies and not executed for consorting with demons, he's okay with that. My main Blood Elf Warlock, meanwhile, saw most of her family and homeland devastated by the Scourge. Now she wants to protect what's left as best she can. It's just she plans to do that by using overwhelming force to utterly destroy anything that looks like it might pose a new threat, and fel magic is the best source of overwhelming force available.

There are many way to find yourself on the path of the Warlock. Virtually anyone who makes a study of magic can do it if they start to ignore the traditional Don'ts. Don't channel fel energy, don't make pacts with demons, don't use sacrifices to gain power, don't perform rituals with a high risk of corrupting your mind and soul if executed incorrectly. Those who do and are weak end up dead or enslaved by the Legion. Those who do and are strong become Warlocks that answer to no one but themselves.