Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Unfortunately, I have no access to MoP legendaries on my DK, so I'll have to go with Sulfuras probably.
    But, we need to consider that Sulfuras will be scaled down, from 384/397 to somewhere around 333 or 346. At that point, wouldn't Shadowmourne str stacks and aoe proc still be better?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    Unfortunately, I have no access to MoP legendaries on my DK, so I'll have to go with Sulfuras probably.
    But, we need to consider that Sulfuras will be scaled down, from 384/397 to somewhere around 333 or 346. At that point, wouldn't Shadowmourne str stacks and aoe proc still be better?
    I don't think so, Shadowmourne is only ilvl 284.

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    I don't think so, Shadowmourne is only ilvl 284.
    Don't be too sure! here is why:

Using a random dungeons blue items ilvl for examples:

TBC - The arcatraz: Ilvl 115 blue drops, scales down to ilvl 95 in TBC timewalking, that is -20lvls
    Wotlk - The nexus: Ilvl 200 blue drops, scales down to ilvl 160 in wotlk timewalking, that is -40ilvls
    Cata - Grim batol: Ilvl 333 blue drops.. IF we follow the same linear ilvl drop, we will have -60ilvls resulting in ilvl 273.

Shadowmourne is ilvl 284 I highly DOUBT we will go above ilvl 280....

TBC - The arcatraz: Ilvl 115 blue drops, scales down to ilvl 95 in TBC timewalking, that is -20lvls
    Wotlk - The nexus: Ilvl 200 blue drops, scales down to ilvl 160 in wotlk timewalking, that is -40ilvls
    Cata - Grim batol: Ilvl 333 blue drops.. IF we follow the same linear ilvl drop, we will have -60ilvls resulting in ilvl 273.

Shadowmourne is ilvl 284 I highly DOUBT we will go above ilvl 280...
    I hope this ends up being the case. And if it is, I hope the proc chance on Shadowmourne doesn't drastically diminish because we're five levels higher.

Deleted
    For Frost DW I've just been using my T18 + Legendary Cloak (from MoP) with Warglaives, any random mastery+multi rings, Zakuun Cleave trinket and Mannoroth Empty Drinking Horn. Far from BiS, but still put me top DPS for bosses and aoe.

I entered but cant see what we get scaled down to

Quote Originally Posted by Nightsight View Post

Shadowmourne is ilvl 284 I highly DOUBT we will go above ilvl 280....
    I think your numbers are slightly wrong.
    The Nexus Heroic is ilvl 200.
    Grim Batol heroic is 346 right?

Ok well
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=39625/gen...#drops:mode=tw

Has timewalking listed at 346 aswell so im guessing its that number.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm TW is scaled to iLvl 300.

They should honestly just have gear scale up as well as down. It's quite annoying to have to find 2 items for 4-5 slots because the better options are from WOTLK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CptAwesome View Post
    They should honestly just have gear scale up as well as down. It's quite annoying to have to find 2 items for 4-5 slots because the better options are from WOTLK.
    We are cheesing it, if they would do anything they would scale gems down too :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Should really put together and maintain a BIS list for Blood and Frost (and unholy?)

I've read the thread, and it sounds like great fun to try put together a BIS list for TW's on my DK. But to fuck am I going to work it out for myself

Deleted
    Soooooo, looks like shadowmourne is still best? I dont know legendary gem scalling in TW but if its 20 str, then smourne still gives more str..

284 ilevel vs 300

If we gem pure str:

Shadowmourne
    145 - 243 Damage Speed 3.70
    (52.54 damage per second)
    +29 Strength
    +31 Stamina
    +11 Critical Strike
    +11 Haste
    3 sockets
    +4str
    +proc

Shinka
    152 - 229 Damage Speed 3.60
    (52.97 damage per second)
    +29 Strength
    +44 Stamina
    +20 Critical Strike
    +20 Mastery
    +10 str socket
    +legendary gem

Sulfuras
    160 - 241 Damage Speed 3.80
    (52.87 damage per second)
    +21 Strength
    +44 Stamina
    +19 Critical Strike
    +12 Mastery

Weapon dmg.. as u see, smourne proc vs +9 crit and 20 mastery vs 11 haste

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfury View Post
    Soooooo, looks like shadowmourne is still best? I dont know legendary gem scalling in TW but if its 20 str, then smourne still gives more str..

284 ilevel vs 300

If we gem pure str:

Shadowmourne
    145 - 243 Damage Speed 3.70
    (52.54 damage per second)
    +29 Strength
    +31 Stamina
    +11 Critical Strike
    +11 Haste
    3 sockets
    +4str
    +proc

Shinka
    152 - 229 Damage Speed 3.60
    (52.97 damage per second)
    +29 Strength
    +44 Stamina
    +20 Critical Strike
    +20 Mastery
    +10 str socket
    +legendary gem

Sulfuras
    160 - 241 Damage Speed 3.80
    (52.87 damage per second)
    +21 Strength
    +44 Stamina
    +19 Critical Strike
    +12 Mastery

Weapon dmg.. as u see, smourne proc vs +9 crit and 20 mastery vs 11 haste
    The Legendary gem scales to 25 in Cata TW. I don't recall if gem slot bonuses scaled previously to this patch but they do now (+11 Strength in Helm of Lei Shen is +9 in Cata TW).

So Shadowmourne gives a total of 63 Strength (proc not included) and Shin'ka gives 64 Strength. Shadowmourne is still better considering all stats and proc, etc. but it's VERY slight. Both are kinda BiS so...
    Last edited by Ruunicus; 2015-11-18 at 07:08 PM.

Deleted
    Yup, ilevel difference between weapons tho :P I think i ll keep smourne, especially that im not gemming str.

Anyone know good trinkets for DW frost?

Currently running EDH and Bone Link Fetish (found its better than DC by a slight amount) with vial for ST, replacing the bone link. I do have Darkmoon Card Greatness + Relic of Xuen sitting around but iirc they weren't better than the trinkets that i'm currently using. The only other good trinket for DW frost that I can think of is the Horn of Screaming Spirits but I don't have one. Are there any other trinkets that are good or BiS that missed?

is gurthalak any good for cata tw as blood dk? didn´t see anyone mention it, I like it for the procc(style) over sulfuras or shinka but could also just stick with shadowmourne

Deleted
    gurth is sh*t, proc is terrible, stick with smourne :P

Yeah, the proc rate is so low on Gurth, rather sad : /
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Did they fix enchanted pearl? it says +1 all stats now.

Deleted
    Can somone recommend trinkets for DW frost in TW dungeons?