Thread: idle games

10+ Year Old Account

idle games

So uhm, its embarassing to say, but after 1h of playing Loop Hero i thought id like to try something like that mobile.
    Is there any actually DECENT games that arent just blown up marketing? Im looking at u, Raid: Shadow Legends and AFK Arena
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Are you asking for mobile game recommendations?

I only have two. Jet Cars Stunts (you buy it), and Granblue Fantasy (free gacha game/visual novel, most friendly monetization system I've ever seen in a gacha game)

Jet Cars Stunts is a simple, skill based game where you fly a car with a rocket engine through increasingly harder and harder levels. You fly off ramps and need to use the fuel to reach the next part of the course, but you have limited jet fuel so you have to conserve your rocket bursts. The game also uses the phone's motion system to steer, so there's skill involved in angling your rocket thrust while you are flying. It's simple but a ton of fun. Whenever I'm out and have time to kill, I'd whip out my phone and play this.

Granblue Fantasy is a browser visual novel/gacha game. You just need Google Chrome (either on your computer or on your phone), no app install required. The main draw of the game is the story. There is a main storyline (the first arc is okay, second arc is actually pretty good), story episodes for individual characters, and side storylines. Art by Final Fantasy veteran Akihiko Yoshida, and music by Nobuo Uematsu and Narita. No advertisements. No scummy monetization scheme; no timegating of the story or grinding to become more powerful or paying money to become more powerful. You can sign up today and just blast through the story with any comp of characters you want no problem. Also, the devs are very, very generous with giving out characters. Every year, during the Anniversary (March), Summer (August), and Christmas/New Year's (December-January) events, you can log in and spin a wheel and get 10-300 free draws. I have 300 characters just from just logging in during these events. Never laid down cash. Never grinded to unlock/buy characters.

If I have a lot of time to kill, I open up GBF and play through more story, or I do the poker minigame.

You just need to be using either Google Chrome or the Safari browser.

The game has an English localization.

If you want to join:

• Click the "Set Language" drop down and select English
    • Click "New Game
    • Play through the tutorial
    • Create a Mobage account. Chrome automatically translates the page for you so it should be easy, standard account creation process. Sign in Granblue with the account and you're in.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-04-04 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    BlaBlabla
    Do you even know what IDLE game is?

I tried few but most of them are just money grab with alot of adds. Tried abit longer Idle Miner but got bored after awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Do you even know what IDLE game is?
    Uh, something you play to kill time?

I guess that's a fair mistake to make

But idle games are specifically games that you play by being idle most of the time,such as cookie clicker. You can interact with it and unlock upgrades or such,but most of the time,the game plays itself

May I suggest NGU Idle

Probably the most honest idle game period

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour..._0fz9h_pD-5dYb

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    So uhm, its embarassing to say, but after 1h of playing Loop Hero i thought id like to try something like that mobile.
    Is there any actually DECENT games that arent just blown up marketing? Im looking at u, Raid: Shadow Legends and AFK Arena
    Come join us over at https://www.reddit.com/r/incremental_games/, and check out the weekly game recommendation threads!

Personally I'm playing Clickpocalypse II, Idle Tree and Deep Mine Idle at the moment, but in the past I've played and enjoyed:

* Kittens Game
    * Universal Paperclips
    * Cookie Clicker
    * The Game is Bugged!
    * Adventure Capitalist
    * Adventure Communist
    * Eggs Game
    * Swarm Simulator
    * SPACEPLAN

I'd recommend any of those in the list, they were all great and entertained me for a long time each.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

I was really into idle games some years back, there were some great ones but it feels like they've all but dried up.

Midas+ was probably my favorite, Firestone idle, made by the same company, came out about 2 years ago and still supported.

There is a dungeon and dragons one that came out 5 or so years ago that is pretty decent too.
    Last edited by Dakhath; 2021-04-05 at 11:26 PM.

Nope, something that can play itself while you are doing other things or are away.

Synergism is pretty good.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms is great. It has a lot of content actually and gets frequent updates and events.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/6...gotten_Realms/

10+ Year Old Account
    Fallout Shelter was pretty good when it first launched, now it requires a bit more attention though.

Egg Inc is a fun one, and I think I enjoyed a puzzle game called Merge Dragons or something similar once.

My favorite was Idle Miner for a while, although it does start to drag eventually.

I thought this thread was about alt tabbing wow while sitting in Oribos
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Most gacha games have auto-combat etc. (since you mentioned Raid)
    They usually have an "active" part where you do something manually, and aside from that, it's basically 95% auto-combat for a week before something resets or you attempt the current stage you were stuck at again.

Some are designed more like a puzzle and once you solve the puzzle, you can farm it for materials with auto-deploy/auto-combat mechanics

Arknights (basically a tower-defense game with characters instead of actual defensive towers)
    or
    Dragalia Lost (simple action-combat with either AI or actual players controlling party members)

are two games that come to mind with rather high production value - if you don't mind anime-type games.
    Both are very F2P friendly.

Both games are "clear the most difficult stage and then farm them until you are out of *stamina*" that don't require any input whatsoever after the initial stage-clear.
    Not strictly the usual "idle game" but it's hardly any different - you basically fill XP bars or farm ressources while being "AFK" and checking again after 3 hours or so.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-04-08 at 09:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You pr!!ks just got me into Cookie Clicker
    -K

I've had Godville going for...almost 10 years now.

the last one I was playing was NGU Idle, NGU industries came out the other day, cookie clicker is addictive I think i binged watched the entirety of fringe while playing cookie clicker. there is a script for that, an overlay that makes it a bit easier to play, called, cookie monster i think. if you google cookie monster script you can get the page for it.

idle games are great time wasters but they've broken progressive gaming for me, I see every game as an incremental now

10+ Year Old Account
    I spent 6$ on AFK Arena...

Oh god... that feels good to get off my soul... needed to get that out... so much shame...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi