Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    As someone who plays on Mal'Ganis and has too many level 100s to transfer off you're correct. It's nothing but PvE now. No decent PvP guilds exist and even Goon Squad is inactive/transferred off (or maybe not, I haven't seen them since they caused a hilarious 50+ page grief thread on the MG forums for crashing Timeless Isle 24/7).

Your best bet is still The Tich. They may be elitist as all hell, but if it's PvP you want on the Horde they may be the only ones left.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex Snob View Post
    I hope this is the case, all it takes is for some prominent pvp players to get bored and try Horde out and all the sheep will follow like they did to alliance.

On one hand it angers me that all these sub 1500 clowns felt switching to alliance would magically make them better and get carried, on the other hand I am running out of fucks to give...This game is 10+ years old and all feelings of achievements are replaced with sorrows of how much time is wasted for a game designed to be easy for everyone.
    Let the tryhards switch to Alliance en masse. Best thing to ever happen to Horde of randoms are your thing. I get insta-queues for BGs as a healer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Let the tryhards switch to Alliance en masse. Best thing to ever happen to Horde of randoms are your thing. I get insta-queues for BGs as a healer.
    Thing is, I think the Belf and Orc racials are the best for PvP atm. Most streamers already picked up on that are playing horde, take Hansol as an example.
    After they switch it's just a matter of time before all of em start switching again.

emfh was the thing that made Alliance (seem) so good. Cd stacking isn't really that much of a thing or it may just looks like that. Now everyone has a the PvP trinket through honor talents and it's slightly nerfed. Now I think the horde racials will outshine the alliance ones.

There are so many people who are min-maxing their stats and stuff before they learn the basics but what do I know.

But be prepared to see a shift from alliance to horde.

Stormscale is the only EU server that kept a real Horde population throught the last two expacs.

Also, can confirm, trade and lfg chat are pretty damn funny at times there. Love me some swe.

Quote Originally Posted by Rascal Bob View Post
    Thing is, I think the Belf and Orc racials are the best for PvP atm. Most streamers already picked up on that are playing horde, take Hansol as an example.
    After they switch it's just a matter of time before all of em start switching again.

emfh was the thing that made Alliance (seem) so good. Cd stacking isn't really that much of a thing or it may just looks like that. Now everyone has a the PvP trinket through honor talents and it's slightly nerfed. Now I think the horde racials will outshine the alliance ones.

There are so many people who are min-maxing their stats and stuff before they learn the basics but what do I know.

But be prepared to see a shift from alliance to horde.
    The Orc racial is ridiculous stacked with relentless. 50% reduced stun duration before DR kicks in is no joke. What makes belf racials above Tauren and troll? Didn't it get nerfed with the removal of resource reliance for most classes?

The Orc racial is ridiculous stacked with relentless. 50% reduced stun duration before DR kicks in is no joke. What makes belf racials above Tauren and troll? Didn't it get nerfed with the removal of resource reliance for most classes?
    I don't think it adds up to 50% though? 40%?

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    I don't think it adds up to 50% though? 40%?
    Relentless is 25% and the racial is 20%. We were both off, it's 45%. Still essentially half since a 5% reduction is a quarter of a second

7+ Year Old Account
    Blood elf has a blanket silence. Not many classes still have that and that 2 second silence can be the difference between winning and losing.
    Orc racial is pretty good too. But some classes negate the stun racial so you would still want the trinket instead of the reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Rascal Bob View Post
    Blood elf has a blanket silence. Not many classes still have that and that 2 second silence can be the difference between winning and losing.
    Orc racial is pretty good too. But some classes negate the stun racial so you would still want the trinket instead of the reduction.
    But the Tauren have a stun on top of the stamina and crit damage bonus, Stun is way better control than a silence since the only classes that are going to be in your face at melee range probably dont care about being silenced.

This might be a bit left field for some but if you enjoy WPvP, picking horde on an alliance heavy skewed server is a big plus for finding game. Only for those that enjoy watching their back. More to kill..

7+ Year Old Account
    But the Tauren have a stun on top of the stamina and crit damage bonus, Stun is way better control than a silence since the only classes that are going to be in your face at melee range probably dont care about being silenced.
    Well it's the way you want to use it I guess. I play a monk, rogue and mage. On all of those classes I use the blood elf silence offensively. Mage blink ->frostnova -> silence into a poly or ring is pretty good against other casters/healers. You can also line up a monk hamstring into like leg sweep and follow it up with fists of fury into a monk hamstring(this will root him for a bit) silence and which is like a 10 second window I think if you are training a healer.

A root plus silence is basically the same as a stun but on a different DR. Most classes already have stuns so you will often just get a DR stun.

But the point I was trying to make is that Horde racials are better then the ones of the Alliance and once the streamers/bigboys start transfering a lot will follow.

Whether orc or belf is better is purely situational I think. Taking the cc reduction honor talent plus the racial is good but can also be abused if the enemy team knows it. I rather stick to something that just gives me a advantage in some situations and doesn't fuck me up in others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sargeras isn't really a pvp servers. A shitton of raiding guilds is all i see being advertised in trade chat. Anyways...

(All US servers)

Mal'Ganis, Illidan, Tichondrius(best one imo)

Don't go with Mal'Ganis!! I had an IRL buddy that praised the server and his guild. I made the switch from Tichondrius and that was a mistake.... I will never take that friends advice again. FULL of PVE on MG. Just look at chat and recruitment forums.

I switched back to Tichondrius for Legion. To my knowledge Tich would be your best bet for Horde PVP.

Darkspear if you are wanting Alliance PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearilla View Post
    Don't go with Mal'Ganis!! I had an IRL buddy that praised the server and his guild. I made the switch from Tichondrius and that was a mistake.... I will never take that friends advice again. FULL of PVE on MG. Just look at chat and recruitment forums.

I switched back to Tichondrius for Legion. To my knowledge Tich would be your best bet for Horde PVP.

Darkspear if you are wanting Alliance PVP.
    Another for no on MG. damn I hate this server so much..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beandip95 View Post
    This is a dumb question, but which server is best for horde PvP? Alliance has Sargeras and KT, but what does horde have? I feel like Mal'Ganis is just a server full of PvE nerds but that's my opinion lol, so which server would you go to for horde PvP?
    Tichondrius.

War Stomp is useless - it fucks up real stuns due to DR. And everyone has a stun, while silences are scarce.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Cant you play with everyone on your faction regardless of servers?

Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    Cant you play with everyone on your faction regardless of servers?
    You can but it makes finding regulars to play with a little more challenging. If you are on a server that is alive then it is easier to find a guild and make buds you can party with on a regular basis. That is my opinion tho......

Quote Originally Posted by Bearilla View Post
    You can but it makes finding regulars to play with a little more challenging. If you are on a server that is alive then it is easier to find a guild and make buds you can party with on a regular basis. That is my opinion tho......
    At least for me finding people usually was done via the group finder and adding people worked to make friends. But having a guild really is an advantage.

Tich if you want to outnumber Alliance.

Darkspear if you want to outnumber Horde.

Lets not kid ourselves about what "best pvp server" means.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Icingdeath View Post
    This might be a bit left field for some but if you enjoy WPvP, picking horde on an alliance heavy skewed server is a big plus for finding game. Only for those that enjoy watching their back. More to kill..
    This is an interesting idea. I've been thinking of going Horde on Outland EU... Any of you guys can share similar experience?