Poll: A slap on the buttock, is it a crime ?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I only voted yes because I didn't read the comments first. I thought you meant a sexy spank lol. If I was at work and had a very old man as a boss come up to me and told me I was his number one employee and spanked me (and I'm also a guy whose not gay lol) then I would be a little creeped out by that..

But I wish slapping an out of control child with reasonable force whose pissing off everyone in a public area was fine.
    When I say reasonable, I don't mean con-caving their skull in on its self with incredible hulk-like strength!

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    I think that people that don't have children should have very little to say about parenting laws. It's easy for someone without kids to say "No, Spanking is wrong" or "If it were my kid I'd paddle his ass" but until you are a parent you really have no idea what it is like.
    As others have replied, thinking that having a child makes you an expert is rather naive. But most importantly, parents are the closest to the child and emotionally invested. The same reason we dont have victims of crime act as judges, you also need to be able to look at a situation from a distance to judge objectively. Parents and non-parents should both have a say in this. If a math teacher tells you that 1+1=5 that doesnt make it true. And from all the stories and stereotypes about how new parents barely sleep, are always tired and overwhelmed, i dont think they should be the sole judges of the actions they perform out of possible despair or fatigue. It takes both experience and an objective view to come to the right conclusion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    LoL someone used Scientists and Psychologist in the same sentence.

God damn I love this site.
    Is that why you used it again in the same sentence?

Deleted
    In Denmark it is already illegal to hit your kids.

Deleted
    I don't see the need to raise your hand against a child who's a fifth of your height and a 10th of your weight for any reason.

If you fail to raise them properly and they have severe behavioural issues stemming from it that's a result of your shitty parenting.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Didn't improve your ability to spell.
    None of that was spelled improperly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Your whole experience can be summed up with: "I was a little shit who hated facing the consequences of my actions. Instead of learning from my mistakes and respecting the people in charge (and that make the rules), I held a grudge against them and blamed them for the shit I did on my own." Suck it up. Almost everyone I knew that got spanked growing up knew WHY they got spanked and changed accordingly to keep it from happening again (AKA, IT WORKED). And they all turned out to be perfectly normal human beings.

Fear and respect are not mutually exclusive of one another. Generally, you have to have or experienced one in order to have the other. You should respect your parents, but you should also FEAR the consequences awaiting you should you fuck up while living under their roof. Otherwise, you'll never learn anything. Which is why we have kids and young adults today who do whatever the hell they want and then bitch about the consequences they have to suffer at the hands of society. Because they didn't learn right and wrong, and fear and consequences from their parents.
    Maybe, but thats not the point. The whole point is that it didnt taught me anything, the natural response for a fuck up should hardly be violence, so that "consequence" should not happen. The only thing that i truly learned was that lying was a viable way to solve problems. And ofc i held a grudge at that time, i was a kid. I did not have the maturity to understand the situation completely.

But I could not respect my parents because of that. I only feared them. Mainly because they always said: "Violence is never the answer". So... how can i respect someone who so clearly contradicts himself? That did not make any sense back then. Today i can understand, but i stil do not approve. But as i said, they did their best.

It might work, but in my opinion, its not worth the risk. Fear did not work for me. Period. I do not expect to convince you or nullify your opinion in anyway. But i do no share yours, as simple as that.
    Last edited by Sluvs; 2015-08-18 at 02:15 PM.