Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    It's not ok to slag off nations people just like to take credit for shit they didn't do and ignore all the other stuff. Just because you live somewhere, doesn't mean you are tied to someone else's accomplishments.
    Britain invented GTA

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24066068

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I think the terms Eurotrash and Merican are pretty much the same thing. It's even been in thread titles if i recall correctly.
    "only in merica" vs "Hey Eurotrash among others, do me a favor. Get off Americas dick. Thanks.", please tell me you see the difference

Also note that that guy actually asked for a ban "Ban me, if you can."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

The last thread was closed rather quickly. I wonder why is it ok, the slur against us "merica" is freely thrown around here, but saying Eurotrash isn't ok?

A little too sensitive over the pond. I think.
    Generally the mods are Non-American, beta males, living in some 2nd world antiquated society. Think of the nerdy awkward kid who likes My Little Pony in high school, upset that all the Jocks got the pretty cheerleaders, while they go home and jerk off to Anime, and go to sleep snuggling a pillow with an Anime female character on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    "only in merica" vs "Hey Eurotrash among others, do me a favor. Get off Americas dick. Thanks.", please tell me you see the difference

Also note that that guy actually asked for a ban "Ban me, if you can."
    Ironically he wasn't banned

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by death87 View Post
    I'm American and I don't see how anyone could find 'Merica offensive.
    The first few times i saw Merrcia i really thought they spelled Murcia (spain) wrong -.-

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Ironically he wasn't banned
    And if I said what I thought about mods for that, I'd get banned...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    You seem to be confused, I don't see much trash being said about America.....The United States of America specifically however, is another barrel of fish entirely.

I assume it is the USA that you're talking about and I love seeing the arrogance that when you say America you actually mean the USA because it's so important and is the only thing of relevance in your world.

So you see, it's entirely different to bash a singular country (i.e. The USA) but it's quite another to use this as a rationale to bash an entire continent (i.e. Europe). Sure every country has it's individual problems so go ahead and criticise individual countries. But generalising an entire continent made up of approximately 50 countries with the same number of differing cultures, practices and attitudes is quite simply laughable.

I think the terms Eurotrash and Merican are pretty much the same thing. It's even been in thread titles if i recall correctly.
    Well, when we get together the differences stand out. Europe is more about the group, America is more about the individual. And there are others. Sure a casually observer might think the two are identical but we know different!

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Usually when I joke about "Murica" it's related to the how stupid the US functions in some ways and less about the actual people living in it. Sometimes those go hand in hand, but not always.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    And if I said what I thought about mods for that, I'd get banned...
    Yeah because discussing mod actions is against rules, I should know I was banned for it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frakchaw View Post
    Name a few, we're all very curious.
    Healthcare, Education, Better anti-chemical laws in consumer products (chemicals are held to the same standards medicinal products are held what means companies are forced to proof they are save before they can be released in the US it's the otherway around and even somethings get undone due to corporate interests such as asbestos), food also America still plagued by over use of hormons and anti-bacteria products in animal feed, better consumer protection, better privacy protection...

And those are the ones on the top of my head

Deleted
    The last thread was closed rather quickly. I wonder why is it ok, the slur against us "merica" is freely thrown around here, but saying Eurotrash isn't ok?

A little too sensitive over the pond. I think.
    1) murica isnt insulting.. rather a funny way to write "America", eurotrash on the other hand is clearly a derogatory term.

2) murica is a country and Europe is a continent with many different cultures, languages and peoples living there, thus quite hard to generalize, many countries are nothing like...

3) There are even countries in europe closer to america than to other european countries, Uk and ireland are actually far closer to the US or Australia culturally wise than to any other non-anglo country, let alone countries like serbia or romania.

Most of Murican stereotypes work pretty well for other countries in the anglosphere.. the only difference americans seem far more bigoted in religion and war related subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Usually when I joke about "Murica" it's related to the how stupid the US functions in some ways and less about the actual people living in it. Sometimes those go hand in hand, but not always.
    I'm from the States and have used "Murica" and "Only in America" before. This country is...I don't even know any more. Far too polarized for its own good.

Deleted
    Murrica
    A pronounciation of the word "America" found in the deep south, most notably uttered by George W Bush.
    Dick Cheney: So, Mr President, where are ya gunna go after ya retire?

Bush: I'm stayin' here in 'Murrica.

People get infracted for saying 'murrica which says a lot about oversensitive
    You never hear Europeans bitching bout nation slagging
    I must confess I have noticed this
    Are you really that triggered by this?

Quote Originally Posted by loveblondes View Post
    1) murica isnt insulting.. rather a funny way to write "America", eurotrash on the other hand is clearly a derogatory term.
    Google search Murica. Nothing that comes out of it is just a "funny way to write America", it's filled with stereotypical ways to mock Americans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Well, when we get together the differences stand out. Europe is more about the group, America is more about the individual. And there are others. Sure a casually observer might think the two are identical but we know different!
    Mainland europe? yes .. Uk and ireland are every bit as individualistic as the US, so are countries like Australia, Canada, New zealand.

The thing is most of the european countries trash themselves and laugh or point out the things that are wrong in their country, unlike 'murrica... aka "the greatest nation under whatever fucking fictional god they want to live under, where unicorns, gold, oil flow freely and guns are for everyone 3 or older".

The thing is you can't really trash some, if not most european countries, as we already know it's not perfect here. I'm only speaking for baltic countries here, but joking and making fun of our countries is as basic as breathing, so you can try trashing all you want, it's not going to work, it's more like a joke here than an insult to anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Are you really that triggered by this?

Google search Murica. Nothing that comes out of it is just a "funny way to write America", it's filled with stereotypical ways to mock Americans.
    Triggered no, I find this hilarious

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have a problem with moderation, you can PM any blue (global moderator). If you would like to appeal an infraction, you can PM any mod. Public discussion of moderation is against forum rules.