Thread: Enchants/Caps

Crit/Haste Breakpoints buffed or unbuffed?

Archimitros mentions on IV's website;

"With the T17 4-piece bonus, you should use Mastery enchants, once you pass 25% Critical Strike."

Is this before any food/raid buffs? or with? Also same question applies to 11% haste, etc..

- - - Updated - - -

Assuming this is without food or raid buffs I would only really need 6% haste + raid buff to achieve the 11% haste breakpoint? Is this correct?
    Last edited by Hasteo; 2015-08-20 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasteo View Post
    Archimitros mentions on IV's website;

"With the T17 4-piece bonus, you should use Mastery enchants, once you pass 25% Critical Strike."

Is this before any food/raid buffs? or with? Also same question applies to 11% haste, etc..

- - - Updated - - -

Assuming this is without food or raid buffs I would only really need 6% haste + raid buff to achieve the 11% haste breakpoint? Is this correct?
    see the t17 bit now.
    Last edited by Cyclonus-WOW; 2015-08-21 at 06:51 AM.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

11% haste is with buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by apoe View Post
    11% haste is with buffs.
    The fury guide has this:
    11% Haste > 30% Crit >= 14% haste ~=> mastery ~=> 18% haste > more crit > multistrike > more haste >= versatility

Fights using class trinket and you can kinda say fuck haste.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

Those are all with full raid buffs. The "target point" for going Mastery over Crit for Fury shifts but is generally around 25% for T17 and 30% for T18.

i have more than 33% crit buffed and crit still sims higher than mastery...

So i really should push on getting my t-17 set then. i almost have the t-18 normal set but from the guides i really need to work on getting that gear correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Cagen View Post
    So i really should push on getting my t-17 set then. i almost have the t-18 normal set but from the guides i really need to work on getting that gear correct?
    No, MT17 > HT18, but not by a huge margin. You could go back and get it but chances are if you only have access to N T18 you aren't going to be able to get M T17 easily, so I wouldn't bother.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by parano View Post
    i have more than 33% crit buffed and crit still sims higher than mastery...
    I couldn't begin to explain all the different factors that go into these"rules".

so would i still follow the priority of the crit cap and such when i do get normal t18. or would i start gemming and enchanting for mastery at this point?

so would i still follow the priority of the crit cap and such when i do get normal t18. or would i start gemming and enchanting for mastery at this point?
    If you have enough crit sure, though if you are only in normal, I'm guessing you are changing gear fairly regularly; and it would be (financially) detrimental to change everything to mastery only to need to go back to crit after getting a couple new pieces of gear.

I think it should be very important to note that whether you go full crit or full mastery is not going to make any real noticeable difference at all. For the sake of min-maxing there will always be a theoretical best way of doing it for your current gear... RNG will serve up much bigger differences on a pull to pull case than you will ever see from the difference between Mastery/Crit enchants.

I'm full Mastery currently because I play Arms/Fury, though it's for the most part optimal for Fury too I can get the sim to show my best stat for Fury as either Crit/Haste/Mastery depending on what trinkets I equip. Don't break your back over the 11% haste without Worldbreaker either, it's nice to have but it isn't going to kill you to miss it..

We're talking pull and tug numbers with Fury... It's not like Arms where its Mastery or fuck off.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

quick question for you guys....
    i have 4 pc grant it that its normal for the most part i did hit my 30% crit mark so i went some enchants and stuff to mastery but right now im using EDH and the strength trink from gore... i also have normal chorus trinket... and im wondering if using fel burna nd fel cleave would be better over the other trinket from gore? until i get class trinket???

thanks in advance

quick question for you guys....
    i have 4 pc grant it that its normal for the most part i did hit my 30% crit mark so i went some enchants and stuff to mastery but right now im using EDH and the strength trink from gore... i also have normal chorus trinket... and im wondering if using fel burna nd fel cleave would be better over the other trinket from gore? until i get class trinket???

thanks in advance
    It depends on the fight, even with the class trinket you will swap it out for Unending Hunger on some fights. Class trinket is a pain in the ass any time you need to switch targets during a fight, it's best used in sustained single target fights. Chorus is the cleave trinket and aside from it being quite picky with positional you should think about using it on cleave, it's great on iskar, hellfire assault and Xhul'horac for example.. On single target fights you should use Unending Hunger until you have the class trinket, in some cases even still.

Example is Iron Reaver, if your guild is killing it quickly (like under 2min 25s, so no air phase) then the class trinket would be quite poor... Reason being that it's haste and haste doesn't really benefit a lot from more haste (Bloodlust), a short duration fight will have a higher bloodlust % uptime and so other trinkets will gain more benefit and allow you to burst much higher on the pull, not only that but when the boss does Blitz it can cause you to lose your stacks, not a big deal but still.

In simple terms you need all of the trinkets (aside from pebble, fuck pebble) and you need to figure out which is the best to use in each situation.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

thanks so much for the help!! i will use chorus on the fights you talked about! and UH on single target! also ill have to change some enchants around to get the crit i need when i equip chorus.. another quick question with having 4 pc and then hitting my 30% crit mark on my weapon enchant would it still be ok to stick with bleeding hollow on my weapons. that is what im currently using anyhow.