10+ Year Old Account

New gaming headset needed...

The title pretty much says it all. My current green razer craken mic is on its way out so I'll be needing to buy a new headset soon. Any feedback to which to get and why would be great.

I tend to go for ones that are nice on the eye but if the quality out does the look then that may change. cheers

Deleted
    Budget?

For something fairly cheap with decent quality, I recommend taking a look at HyperX Cloud II from Kingston.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say £100 but if its really worth going over that budget then i may do

I use the razer tiamat 7.1 love these bad boys

Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

7+ Year Old Account
    Sennheiser G4ME ZERO. They make quality stuff, Sennheiser that is. Really nice comforting headset to have on your head, with some very clear accurate sound in them. The microphone is really high quality aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Gaming" peripherals are normally not so good and on top of it they're always overpriced, I'd look at Sennheiser/Koss/Audio-Technica/JVC for headphones and then some cheap attachable microphone like this:

10+ Year Old Account
    The Razer Tiamat maybe a tad over-priced for what you get based on over all reviews.. The Hyperx 2 out reviews the Tiamat nearly every time and its half the price. as goes for the Sennheiser G4ME ZERO which do look great but a little pricey

The HyperX Cloud II is till in the lead so far :P

Deleted
    I spent a fair bit on Tt shock headset, the audio was best I`ve ever had, but the software was atrocious (having to switch USB ports so it would work again lol).
    Razer Carcharias was okay, but the mic on mute sounded like a plane to others on voip, plus it only lasted 14months.

Then I bought Pantronics 780 for around £40, wasn`t expecting much, but the sound is great, as is the mic. Software only has turn dolby on/off & music/game option, but this set has lasted me ages & I`d buy them again should the need arise.

Get a nice pair of headphones like the Beyerdynamic DT-990s or the DT-770s with a ModMic. You'll thank me for it.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Get a nice pair of headphones like the Beyerdynamic DT-990s or the DT-770s with a ModMic. You'll thank me for it.
    I'll look in to it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Yeah but the DT-990 is way above his budget isn't it?

It's 249,00 € at their website.

10+ Year Old Account
    haha! forget them then!! I thought there would be more response here seeing as most people do have a headset....

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've used a bunch of Gaming Headsets / Phones, I won a pair of a $300 headset which I will not post here. If you had to get a headset then go for the Hyper X Cloud, otherwise go after a pair of headphones & get a mic far better.

My Tiamat broke after 1.5 years (on my head, not from some accident)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NPI View Post
    My Tiamat broke after 1.5 years (on my head, not from some accident)
    Yea id prefer a headset rather than just headphones & mic

I've had great experience with the Steelseries Siberia V2 headset.

Creative Aurvana Live! are great.
    Takstar Hi 2050 as well.

I strooooongly recommend against the Siberia v2 that I've seen crop up in the thread. Utter garbage.
    I haven't personally tried Tiamat, but not impressed.
    I don't buy into any of the marketting surrounding the Hyper X ones.

Even with your preference to complete gaming headsets, they are not a good choice until you get into way more expensive price ranges.

I'd suggest a pair of Sennheiser HD 598's with a ModMic attachment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aarro View Post
    Yea id prefer a headset rather than just headphones & mic
    If you want quality in your sounds, headphone and mic is where its at, I own 6-7 headphones with about 2 of them being headsets ;/

7+ Year Old Account
    Corsair h2100,wireless headset, good quality, comfortable for long hours, decent wireless range, all for 89$ US dollars. Definitely worth considering I'd be surprised if you'd be more satisfied with something in a similar price range