Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Monks are the least played for two reasons:

They're not very competitive.
    They're difficult to play in all specs. They don't require a huge amount of theory crafting, they just have a lot more buttons to push compared to some more 2-dimensional classes.

I sincerely hope they don't dumb them down to increase representation...but those numbers are just depressing. Only class to dip below 5%...

Also, what's with the marked decrease in Hunters? That's a pretty sharp drop (3%)

and no one's pointed out they screwed up the colours in the graph?

ED: the whole graph is shit..

what does the percentage even mean?.. it says % of total, but... do you have to get the average % of each class to get their overall representation percentage?

it says say 5.74, 5.24, 5.05, 4.87, 4.86, 5.12, 5.34 or 36.22%

does this mean that 63.78% of all monks are <level 100 (or at least less than....

wait no, the 5.74 is 'all'

so what do the other percentages mean?
    Last edited by flinchy; 2015-08-24 at 01:12 PM.

That class representation isn't surprising; Monks last, Rogues second last. We've known this for ages; but that doesn't make it any less disappointing.

Rogues will almost certainly be wiped out by Demon Hunters, unless they give the class a serious overhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Woah. Rogue isn't the least played.
    ....yet. i have a feeling this will change with the DH.

Quote Originally Posted by flinchy View Post

ED: the whole graph is shit..

what does the percentage even mean?.. it says % of total, but... do you have to get the average % of each class to get their overall representation percentage?

does this mean that 63.78% of all monks are <level 100 (or at least less than....

Agreed that graph poorly communicates any point, can somebody re-do it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nozuka View Post
    ....yet. i have a feeling this will change with the DH.
    Just my opinion ofc but I think the release of the DH will hit the monk-community a lot harder than the rogue one. We don't know much about the new class yet but from what we've seen it looks more similar to monk with a DPS/tank option. Rogues still have the whole stealth aspect which I'm sure is the main reason most rogues are playing rogue to begin with.

I'm a hunter myself and have been for nearly 10 years. I like the fact that I can handle most stuff on my own without the need of a friend to help, bows are cool weapons and I like collecting and naming different pets. Class power never bothered me much and I don't PVP. It's slightly annoying that so many people seem to think all hunters play hunter because "it's easy" or "they're OP" it's like you totally missed what a unique class it is in this game, it's simply going to appeal to some people.

Woah, something here that is NOT blizzard related? holy shit i need a screenshot of this! showing crap blizzard games mostly only, now they had time to show Wildstar (not a game i care about myself but nice to see it here)

Quote Originally Posted by skychilde View Post
    I know the priest color is white, but I literally cannot see the bars on the first graph.
    You likely need to calibrate your monitor's color. Windows has something built in, just search for calibrate color.

Quote Originally Posted by flinchy View Post

does this mean that 63.78% of all monks are

Colors appear to be fine to me. Bars are class colors and legend colors are unrelated. 5.74 means that 5.74% of all level 100 characters are monks. The 5.24% is 5.24% of all level 100 characters with an item level of 655 or higher are monks, and so on. It is pretty clear to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    Woah, something here that is NOT blizzard related? holy shit i need a screenshot of this! showing crap blizzard games mostly only, now they had time to show Wildstar (not a game i care about myself but nice to see it here)
    We post non Blizzard game news several times each month when space allows or it is important.

Wooooo! My Monk is in the 4.86% at 692. I feel so special that I do crap dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anrai Shannon View Post
    Monks are the least played for two reasons:

They're not very competitive.
    They're difficult to play in all specs. They don't require a huge amount of theory crafting, they just have a lot more buttons to push compared to some more 2-dimensional classes.
    I'd say 3 reasons. Third reason being that the class is only 1 expansion old.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgrip View Post
    Maybe because people find it fun?
    Yup. I think so and there's always been a lot of hunters. People naturally gravitate to them when they start the game. I know I still have my original toon from 9 years ago, my Nelf hunter. She's not my main any more but she's level 100 and I used to her get the path finder achievement in Tanaan. Hunters just have a lot of utility although they get a bit boring after awhile.

I mained a monk till 6.2 for me is not the mechanics that pulls ne away from monk is the fact that it barely has any animation with the weapon...verry annoying to have a wep and use fists and kicks all the time

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Colors appear to be fine to me. Bars are class colors and legend colors are unrelated. 5.74 means that 5.74% of all level 100 characters are monks. The 5.24% is 5.24% of all level 100 characters with an item level of 655 or higher are monks, and so on. It is pretty clear to me.
    Yeah, it's quite obvious imo. Some people do just overthink it :P

I'm not surprised that Monks are just the least represented class overall. Throughout the expansion Monks have just had their teeth kicked in time and time again with the various buffs, nerfs, and just a little bit of everything to be honest.

I genuinely expect the number of Monks to go lower when Legion goes live. Here's hoping Blizzard does something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodscore View Post
    Wooooo! My Monk is in the 4.86% at 692. I feel so special that I do crap dps.
    I'm a level 713 elemental shaman myself and I feel your pain.

The item level bracket is mostly in line with what I was thinking this tier - the 690+ spike for hunters suggests many players have a casual pugging hunter alt or at least do Tanaan/PVP on them. Great tier to play a hunter or pug with one. Highly desired for raids and easy to pick up. Great dps. Tends to be a lot of them in pugs. Mages are also popular on the alt front this tier, especially with Frost being viable. Some of those melee classes seem to really dropoff before the 710+ bracket though, maybe due to it being more difficult for melee to get in groups. 710+ is mostly the guild raids/main toons.

Deleted
    C'mon Blizzard...Monks are only 5% still...you need to nerf them more to extinct them..

10+ Year Old Account
    Chaud your key/legend for that first chart doesn't make sense.

- - - Updated - - -

C'mon Blizzard...Monks are only 5% still...you need to nerf them more to extinct them..
    Actually I think this is pretty good representation considering that they were only released last xpac. When you have so many people that have come back from WoD who were previously not subbed through MoP. What should be alarming is the rogue representation a class that has been present since the beginning. It may give credence to some of the rogue concerns regarding lack of uniqueness across specs and even class identity.

Hunters have pretty much always been the most played class, even since vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    Hunters have pretty much always been the most played class, even since vanilla.
    Hunters need to be nerfed... or bring other classes up to par. As of last week I have 5 classes now to 100 with the rest sitting at 91-92. Hunters were by far the easiest to play with this xpac and many xpacs. Unmatched utility, dps, survivability, soloable... etc.

I can solo a ton of content by allowing my pet tank. Skip content by stealthing. Drop out of combat when shit gets hairy. They also have a very simple dps rotation, that scales well with gear.

I actually started with my shaman (which has been crap this xpac) and it wasn't until hellfire citadel patch (because of gear) that they finally started to become competitive dps wise.

Blizzard USED to do their balance tuning on a constant basis with each content release responding to performance during previous patch. Now they do all their tuning at the beginning of the xpac according to the ilvl of the final content release. The problem lies with how each class scales with gear...

Why would someone spend the entire xpac being mediocre when you can play a class that will out perform other simply because blizzard refuses to balance.