7+ Year Old Account

World pvp - What i think would be awesome.

Wouldnt it be awesome if you lost like gold if you get killed in world pvp and the killer would get the gold.

let's say - I kill a lvl 100,that character will lose 20g. If killed more then once within 15min it will be 10g-5g-1g-0g (The 15min timer would be set from last time you got killed in player vs player combat.)

You will not earn anything from killing a player who are lower level then you.

Now, the amount of gold is just for show here, i dunno which amout should be good.
    Maybe it should be a % of the amount of gold you have in your bags - Like 0,5% (so, if you have 500,000g in your bags you will lose 2,500g).

I know,a lot of people will prob tell me i'm fucking stupid now. But as the titel say, i would love it!

The issue is that a lot of people do nothing but PvP. We are already poor, I can hardly pay for my wife and my son... my son planned on becoming a wizard of the Kirin Tor, but his ol' pappy couldn't pay for his tuition because I decided to get epic flying. I almost had to foreclose my garrison. Imagine what my life would be like if little old me went and lost a fortune through PvP. Think of the children.

But on a serious note, the main issue I can think of is that it encourages people to leave the battleground when it goes awry. Graveyard camping pretty much always happens in WSG nowadays, and people would perpetually leave just to prevent themselves from losing unnecessary gold. I think it would be cool to place more importance on death, but I think gold loss would negatively impact casual play and discourage people from playing PvP at all. I'd rather have a bg centered around living and call it a day (similar to the way arenas work).

No.
    World PvP has already given jerks too much freedom, to get away with cowardly behaviour in the name of "PvP", ironic given the intent to avoid a fair fight or any "versus" component.
    I agree with your last sentiment though in part, in that I would call that a silly suggestion.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saladfork View Post
    The issue is that a lot of people do nothing but PvP. We are already poor, I can hardly pay for my wife and my son... my son planned on becoming a wizard of the Kirin Tor, but his ol' pappy couldn't pay for his tuition because I decided to get epic flying. I almost had to foreclose my garrison. Imagine what my life would be like if little old me went and lost a fortune through PvP. Think of the children.

But on a serious note, the main issue I can think of is that it encourages people to leave the battleground when it goes awry. Graveyard camping pretty much always happens in WSG nowadays, and people would perpetually leave just to prevent themselves from losing unnecessary gold. I think it would be cool to place more importance on death, but I think gold loss would negatively impact casual play and discourage people from playing PvP at all. I'd rather have a bg centered around living and call it a day (similar to the way arenas work).

But i was talking about World pvp,not Battlegrounds!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    No.
    World PvP has already given jerks too much freedom, to get away with cowardly behaviour in the name of "PvP", ironic given the intent to avoid a fair fight or any "versus" component.
    I agree with your last sentiment though in part, in that I would call that a silly suggestion.
    Just make sure you don't run around with 1mil gold on you if you're the one always getting killed then!

No. I do not want incentive to kill other players, or incentive for other players to kill me, beyond just wanting to fight your enemies. All something like this would do is make even more people hesitant to fight, something that is already an issue with flying mount posturing, and make it even less likely to get responses to a post getting attacked.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game needs a reason to leave the garrison, not one to fear the outdoors.

Dying in PvP would make you lose gold? What? That's ridiculous.

Anyway, I'd just give my all gold to my alts, so?... What's the point of it?

Nah, I'd rather they just increase the honor reward significantly, but if you kill the same guy more than once in X minutes you get no reward, to discourage corpse camping.

Wouldn't change much though, I'm on a high pop realm and even Tanaan is like a ghost town already.
    Last edited by apoe; 2015-08-24 at 11:46 PM.