FROST Mage help... Logs included

Hey all can you pls look at my logs and tell me how I can improve my dps

I am just getting back into WoW and don't know the fights except for what I seen on vids so went into LFR tonight

Can you pls look at logs and let me know what I can do to improve

Thanks in advance

Clicka

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...G#type=summary
    Last edited by Control1234; 2015-08-27 at 06:48 PM.

Deleted
    Which of the mages are you?
    Armorylink?

Clicka

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Clicka/simple

Most obvious fault there is the use of Ice Lance. Should be as close to 1:1 FoF charges to IL casts as possible. You're at 38 FoFs to 72 IL which is a large number of non FoF ILs.
    Just need to chill the trigger finger on IL.

ya if i remember correctly i was IL'n as I was moving.. thanks for the advice

Deleted
    Try using ice floes (tier one talent) for casting ice bolt while moving if you have no active procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Control1234 View Post
    ya if i remember correctly i was IL'n as I was moving.. thanks for the advice
    Try to save up a few procs if you know you're about to start moving (this includes both Ice Lance and Frostfire Bolt). If you're out of procs and you're not using Ice Floes, either Blink or Blazing Speed (if using it) to get to your destination faster to continue your rotation.

PS: If you get your class trinket, do NOT use FoF procs while moving. That's a huge DPS loss unless you're gaining more procs than you can expend.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2015-08-27 at 09:04 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

thanks for the tips everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    Most obvious fault there is the use of Ice Lance. Should be as close to 1:1 FoF charges to IL casts as possible. You're at 38 FoFs to 72 IL which is a large number of non FoF ILs.
    Just need to chill the trigger finger on IL.
    With the mastery proccing on IL and has a max of 5 charges isn't it better to use a 'garbage' IL to launch your charges and reset your mastery proc counter?
    My mage dinged 100 2 days ago so obviously still has crap gear but that's the way iv have been doing it..
    Icicles is almost always the second damage dealing spell for me, behind Frostbolt and infront of IL.
    Is it a gear issue or am i just really doing something wrong?
    Casting fb while at 5stack seems like a waste to me..

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    With the mastery proccing on IL and has a max of 5 charges isn't it better to use a 'garbage' IL to launch your charges and reset your mastery proc counter?
    Ice Lance gets 0 benefit from Mastery since it doesn't actually proc an icicle. Also, icicles fire automatically when you generate a new one; you can't ever waste them with the ONE exception being the boss dies before your Icicles launch. If you see the boss is about to die (~0.5-1%), then sure, launch an IL to get them to go in.

Icicles is almost always the second damage dealing spell for me, behind Frostbolt and infront of IL.
    Is it a gear issue or am i just really doing something wrong?
    Casting fb while at 5stack seems like a waste to me..
    You're definitely doing something wrong if Frostbolt is above Ice Lance (IL should be your #1, maybe FFB if you have your 2P and it gets very good procs for some reason). Don't bother tracking your icicles; there's no point to.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Alright, thanks.
    As said, im very new to this and the wording on the Mastery stat made me believe it had a 5 hardcap (i used to play Rogue so overcapping being bad is hardcoded in my brain :<).

Just ran a dummy test for a couple minutes using your advise, and while IL came alot closer to FB i still had the latter as my #1 damaging spell.
    Guess i need to improve my WaterJet usage to get more FoF procs?

Alright, thanks.
    As said, im very new to this and the wording on the Mastery stat made me believe it had a 5 hardcap (i used to play Rogue so overcapping being bad is hardcoded in my brain :<).

Just ran a dummy test for a couple minutes using your advise, and while IL came alot closer to FB i still had the latter as my #1 damaging spell.
    Guess i need to improve my WaterJet usage to get more FoF procs?
    Yeah, the way that Mastery works is that it takes a % of your Frostbolt and Frostfire Bolts, and creates an Icicle. It fires off that Icicle when a 6th one is created (it replaces and fires it). Ice Lance just expends all icicles in a quicker fashion. So, Mastery ONLY buffs FB, FFB, and Water Elemental's damage.

Water Jet you should be getting 2 FoFs out of every time, 4+ if you have your 4P. If you're ever not getting 2 out of a Water Jet, make sure you know why. Remember that you get the proc when the Frostbolt hits the enemy afflicted with WJ, so you need to time it correctly (and make sure you cast it yourself. It shouldn't just be on auto-cast).