Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guns have never beehn an unrestricted right. There have always been safty precautions that made gun ownership ether illegal or simply a bad idea. Having a felony is one, mental illness to the point of being incompetent is another. Just because a vet is a vet doesnt make him immune from these exceptions.

OP is a filthy confederate traitor.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2015-08-31 at 02:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanTheOriginal View Post
    OP is a filthy confederate.
    I've heard Sweden really likes the Dixie aesthetic actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Guns have never beehn an unrestricted right. There have always been safty precautions that made gun ownership ether illegal or simply a bad idea. Having a felony is one, mental illness to the point of being incompetent is another. Just because a vet is a vet doesnt make him immune from these exceptions.
    Yes it does.

Ok, I might have a new favorite character.

Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    Yes it does.
    No it doesn't. You obviously failed the citizenship test when it came to guns. Especially since you failed the FIRST FUCKING AMENDMENT by your own signature.

A vets guns should never get taken away, vets fought for this country by tooth and nail. They should get the respect they deserve and enjoy the same freedoms that we get.
    This statement has no logic. If it is deemed that a person is unfit to own firearms they should have them taken away. I don't give two fucks what the constitution says and I don't care if they are a vet or not. The lives of our country mean more to me then some nutjob being able to own a gun.

At lease once a year gun owners should be tested to see if they are mentally fit to own a gun. If they fail said test then all there guns should be taken away until they pass it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it does.
    No it doesn't. There is no logic to your statement. This is the only country that holds vets to such high regards. Hell COPS in our country isn't even seen in the same light.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it does.
    So if a vet goes crazy and kills a person he should be let off because he's a vet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Refusing to take your meds is pretty much the classic danger sign, dude.

And as I said above; being able to handle your finances is a pretty low bar to meet.
    Except they are loading people up with pills that they don't need to be on. Half the pills they give them are to counter side effects of the pills they are giving them. This isn't a case of "dang guvment givin me pills I just don't want any pills so I can shoot people up". It's the incompetent doctors just pushing pills instead of actually treating.

But hey I guess if they were just to run from the police instead they would be innocent though.

Source: US Army Medical Lab Tech for 11 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Uh, speaking as a vet, I call bullshit. I know a few vets who should never, EVER be allowed near firearms again. Some have committed violent acts against non-combatants overseas which would have gotten them thrown in the brig if their superiors knew, and others are simply too mentally unstable to be trusted with firearms. Being a vet does not automatically grant you carte blanche to have a firearm despite being unfit.
    Sshh, the little boys need to keep the gun idealogues flowing since their freedom to own a weapon that serves no purpose other than killing is more important than the rest of us being able to not be murdered.

Of course, the only people who give vets free passes no matter the situation are always the same guys who own lots of gun but don't have enough of a spine formed to actually join the armed forces. Wonder why....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Except they are loading people up with pills that they don't need to be on. Half the pills they give them are to counter side effects of the pills they are giving them. This isn't a case of "dang guvment givin me pills I just don't want any pills so I can shoot people up". It's the incompetent doctors just pushing pills instead of actually treating.

But hey I guess if they were just to run from the police instead they would be innocent though.

Source: US Army Medical Lab Tech for 11 years.
    I'm not pro-big-pharma or something. Nor does the VA's system mean that every refusal to take pills is automatically a declaration of incompetence. That's just one possible factor that a doctor can use, as literally any other mental health professional could, outside the VA.

They'd only be declared incompetent for such a refusal if the pills were what were keeping them competent. That's how this works.

These days I'm not sure I'd trust anything teh VA has a hand in.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is exactly why we can't have a discussion on mental health in the USA, because some people think that no matter how deranged a person is they have every right to own as many guns as they can afford.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it does.
    No it doesnt. Rights hav never, and will never be unrestricted. the SC has been clear on this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't like how things run in this country? You can always move to another country. We would t stop you.
    Didn't you confederates already try that once and got your asses handed to you?
    Impeach the MF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Uh, speaking as a vet, I call bullshit. I know a few vets who should never, EVER be allowed near firearms again. Some have committed violent acts against non-combatants overseas which would have gotten them thrown in the brig if their superiors knew, and others are simply too mentally unstable to be trusted with firearms. Being a vet does not automatically grant you carte blanche to have a firearm despite being unfit.
    Ehh actually its your post that's bs, if you were a vet you wouldn't be saying things like this. Vets with honerable discharges are more deserving for guns. Doesn't matter a vet is a hero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehh actually its your post that's bs, if you were a vet you wouldn't be saying things like this.
    Actually, all responsible gun owners know not to let people unfit to handle guns, handle them. If you're not treating a weapon like its a weapon, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    This is exactly why we can't have a discussion on mental health in the USA, because some people think that no matter how deranged a person is they have every right to own as many guns as they can afford.
    It's okay, the solution is to just buy as many guns as you can afford to protect yourself from the deranged lunatic off his meds with as many guns as he can afford.

Nuclear weapons policy for all!

Ehh actually its your post that's bs, if you were a vet you wouldn't be saying things like this. Vets with honerable discharges are more deserving for guns. Doesn't matter a vet is a hero.
    A vet isn't a hero a vet is a vet nothing more.

Most vets are people who served there 2-3 years and stopped. Why does the army get priased higher then copys who work on the force for 20+ years. Thats one thing I can't stand about this country. There is jobs that are far more dangerous and yet are ignored.

Vet doesn't equal do whatever the fuck you want.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It's everything you're continuing to write that's clear BS. You're not even responding to the content of what people are saying, just going off on tangents that have nothing to do with reality. Just because someone is a vet doesn't make them special. They're still people. Just like everyone else. There's a spectrum. Some are great, others are worthless pieces of shit. Get over it or ship out.
    Judging by his last few posts, and in other threads besides this one, I think he's just trolling around.