Poll: Can Donald Trump actually win?

Page 1 of 28
... LastLast

Wait...could Donald Trump really be your President?

Let me just clarify that I'm not in the United States. I live in Japan, but as an intellectual (like all of you!) I like to follow what's going in within the major world powers and lately I've become very troubled with my research in to the current candidates for the impending election for your next President following Mr. Barack Obama.

What feels a bit like a joke has started to feel like a really scary, possibility...are you really going to vote in Donald Trump? If you've watched or seen anything on this man, you'd know that he has next to no knowledge on anything that would be required of a President. Here's the topics I've seen him expand on (if you can consider talking about a problem with only vague, ridiculous solutions alluded to).

Immigration: He wants to build a wall (??) and deport millions of people, even if they parent US citizen children.

Foreign Policy: The closest thing to foreign policy he's even discussed is how China and other countries like Mexico are "killing" the US in trade/economy. Of course this actually isn't anything related to foreign policy it's just the only thing he talks about that has to do with other countries.

That's it.

I've never seen him actually answer a question with a detailed answer with any actual solutions. Every single time he talks, on any show, in any interview it comes down to either China & Mexico taking advantage of the united states either by means of forcing out illegal immigrants (???) or running an economy that jips America in some way.

Am I missing something or is there some kind of interview somewhere, written or otherwise, where these are not the only things he can repeatedly vomit over, and over, and over? Of course, aside from lobbing insults at other public figures unnecessarily?

Does this guy actually, really, truly have a shot at becoming President of your country? I can only express shame for people that actually feel informed enough to give their vote to him. He doesn't even inform you enough about his own policies and plans. After listening to Trump's voice the last few hours, in interviews of every different color and type, I know next to nothing about what he would and could do as President, and that certainly not for lack of listening.

This man is an embarrassment, the definition of a clown, and if anything he is a glowing example of what is wrong with the USA's election/campaign system (that all you need is money to have a decent shot at becoming the president), but the scary part is that he's actually being seen as favorable in any poll?

HOW?
    Last edited by Zipzo; 2015-08-30 at 08:09 AM.

Donald Trump is just a side show who is destroying the Republican party. There is no conceivable way he'll be President. Because he's a billionaire, he can fund his own campaign so there's really no downside of him just spouting whatever crazy bullshit he wants. He funds his own stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    i vote my succubus zahvina for president. she can give me executive orders all day long...
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2015-08-30 at 07:04 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    He doesn't have a plan, he has a series of catch phrases and back-assward mentalities that I can't get behind. No, he will not have my vote. The GOP has much better choices at their disposal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care who's president anymore. I still get my paychecks taxed, and i'm a slave to the system. At least i'm comfortable.

If Trump becomes President, the people have given up. Elected as a mockery, with profound disregard for declaration of democracy. Is Trump a pump fake or an actual pass? Will people believe that Hilary is a criminal? Used secret emails, but not encrypted and such, to send classified emails to people?

What do you believe? Trump better than a criminal? A criminal better than a racist slum lord? You tell me.

But if the only thing they can find on Hilary are some, opps. Then get back to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ragu4 View Post
    I don't care who's president anymore. I still get my paychecks taxed, and i'm a slave to the system. At least i'm comfortable.
    Ahem, amen. AMEN, BROTHER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Unfortunately, everything the Trump dog does that makes him look like an idiot, also is what makes him different. People seem tired of the same old presidential election deal. Something really new can easily earn their attention.

7+ Year Old Account
    So you're a slave and comfortable. I don't think you are familiar with the history and meaning of the word slavery...

He can and will win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    So you're a slave and comfortable. I don't think you are familiar with the history and meaning of the word slavery...
    Easily triggered by a word, AND apparently can't read enough between the lines to identify a simple phrase describing the monotony of a 40 hour/week job. Whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh come on, don't be so obtuse.

OT: I mean... he just says really shock worthy statements and acts like a buffoon. He has no real plan so... *shrug*.

The only thing Trump has a real shot at doing is permanently destroying the GOP and forcing the party to reorganize.

Still the same thing. While the conditions are different, the reality isn't. He is still constrained by genetic and environmental factors. Economical. These have nothing to do with personal biases as well. These constraints aren't this persons choosing. We aren't even grease in Universal scale. Unless you are making things and living a life, you don't make a bit of difference.

Amen, to not making a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    The only thing Trump has a real shot at doing is permanently destroying the GOP and forcing the party to reorganize.
    He would be the most successful Deep Cover Liberal in history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

7+ Year Old Account
    Easily triggered by a word, AND apparently can't read enough between the lines to identify a simple phrase describing the monotony of a 40 hour/week job. Whatever.
    So is that 40 hours of work oppressing you or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Not the worst thing. Need another super fool on the democratic side to vaporize it, then independents will finally rule!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's very possible, but I doubt it. Unfortunately there is no one who is much better, election of the shitters.

Americans are really dedicated to their jokes .

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    Let me just clarify that I'm not in the United States. I live in Japan, but as an intellectual (like all of you!) I like to follow what's going in within the major world powers and lately I've become very troubled with my research in to the current candidates for the impending election for your next President following Mr. Barack Obama.

What feels a bit like a joke has started to feel like a really scary, possibility...are you really going to vote in Donald Trump? If you've watched or seen anything on this man, you'd know that he has next to no knowledge on anything that would be required of a President. Here's the topics I've seen him expand on (if you can consider talking about a problem with only vague, ridiculous solutions alluded to).

Immigration: He wants to build a wall (??) and deport millions of people, even if they parent US citizen children.

Foreign Policy: The closest thing to foreign policy he's even discussed is how China and other countries like Mexico are "killing" the US in trade/economy. Of course this actually isn't anything related to foreign policy it's just the only thing he talks about that has to do with other countries.

That's it.

I've never seen him actually answer a question with a detailed answer with any actual solutions. Every single time he talks, on any show, in any interview it comes down to either China & Mexico taking advantage of the united states either by means of forcing out illegal immigrants (???) or running an economy that jips America in some way.

Am I missing something or is there some kind of interview somewhere, written or otherwise, where these are not the only things he can repeatedly vomit over, and over, and over? Of course, aside from lobbing insults at other public figures unnecessarily?

Does this guy actually, really, truly have a shot at becoming President of your country? I can only express shame for people that actually feel informed enough to give their vote to him. He doesn't even inform you enough about his own policies and plans. After listening to Trump's voice the last few hours, in interviews of every different color and type, I know next to nothing about what he would and could do as President, and that certainly not for lack of listening.

This man is an embarrassment, and if anything he is a glowing example of what is wrong with the USA's election/campaign system (that all you need is money to have a decent shot at becoming the president), but the scary part is that he's actually being seen as favorable in any poll?

HOW?
    The country with the most xenophobic immigration policy out of all developed countries is wondering why a country that has had de-facto open borders is willing to vote for someone, anyone who says "no, we've had enough of this shit".

Because for most people, the idea that "real wages increased for farm workers by 0.6%, therefore we must have more immigration" isn't just insane, its evil.

http://www.renewoureconomy.org/resea...merican-farms/

Thats a report from a pro-immigration business lobbying group: real wages for farm laborers have increased by 0.6%pa over the last decade as farmers try to attract labor. NATIONAL CRISIS.

Ben Carson, the neural surgeon, is catching up, he's in second place. Kind of amazing to see the Republicans vote for a black man.

If Trump wins the Republican nomination, I'll be so shocked I won't be able to move from my chair all day.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland