View Poll Results: With Ultimate Power you do what?

Voters
93. This poll is closed
  • 1. Destroy the World

7 7.53%
  • 2. Revert the Earth to before humans

6 6.45%
  • 3. Conquer the world

24 25.81%
  • 4. Somehow make the world a better place

56 60.22%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beedeehee View Post
    Exactly. But according to OP, we're too stupid for that.
    because if you obtain ultimate power than you are already proving that you want to do something to the world or you wouldn't have it in the first places. No room for bystanders here.

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    because if you obtain ultimate power than you are already proving that you want to do something to the world or you wouldn't have it in the first places. No room for bystanders here.
    You asked a question to everybody, and now you say "no room for bystanders"? That's not exactly how it works.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would conquer the world, unseen and unidentified, so I can improve it while getting to live a normal, happy life.

Maybe I should've picked "make the world a better place".

- - - Updated - - -

I'd report you for promoting terrorism.
    Exactly. But according to OP, we're too stupid for that.
    You asked a question to everybody, and now you say "no room for bystanders"? That's not exactly how it works.

And we got the forum warrior assumption confirmed.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    And we got the forum warrior assumption confirmed.
    Indeed, you proved that you indeed are a keyboard warrior, as you follow me every thread I go.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    No, I'm not fucked up in the head enough to kill off millions of people because life isn't going how I want it to go
    You. I like you.

Yeah, OP, are you having a rough day?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    3. Conquer the world THIS

Humans, at least at this point have proven that progress incapable of improving on their own at least globally, the only way to do SOME of it is by force, I guess it all falls back to that Monty Python scene where they sit around asking "What have the Romans ever done for us"

I am not saying that, we can't or shouldn't find a better world on our own and as a collective, but that seems to be more of a faith than reality sometimes.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I would start off with good intentions to make the world a better place, but power corrupts. I would eventually devolve into a tyrant pushing my world view on billions of people, denying them their ability to make their own choices for good or ill, stripping away individual liberties when I see choices as destructive. I'd start off doing things like wiping out ISIS and terrorist groups. But like in Death Note I may well get on a slippery slope of not just killing the worst of the worst, but also those trying to stop me, or those guilty of much lesser crimes. Or having my own biases turn a blind eye to certain things. It wouldn't end well.
    Last edited by Florena; 2015-08-31 at 03:45 PM.

Those people that think of destroying the world or ending humanity because they don't like things as they are seem to be multiplying. But what kind of selfish, and childish prick must one be to harbour such a thought?

10+ Year Old Account
    What makes people think options 1 and 4 are mutually exclusive?

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    Conquer thus making it a better place of course :P
    Yep, i was about to say that 3 and 4 are the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

We should snip everyone's tubes so that no humans can reproduce ever again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Destroy the world? Where would you live on afterwards?

Make it a better place, and introduce a new sense of fashion: Naked, super hot bodies everywhere.
    This is a great idea! I'd vote for you. #StayTuned2016

It's funny how people picture the pre-human earth as this lovey dovey pretty forest campout where nothing bad could ever happen...

I mean, before we realized that oil could be used as a power source, there were natural oil springs on the surface, where it flowed like rivers spreading it's caustic goodness all over the landscape.

There were probably a lot more insects,
    and without human settlements to protect there was no humans putting out gigantic forest fires triggered by lightning strikes... so a lot of it was also on fire.

Our national parks look the way they do because we've more or less sculpted them to fit this idealized picture of nature we have. The reality was more like tar slathered burning goodness.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd report you for promoting terrorism.
    except he isn't.
    also i would choice destroy the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    It's funny how people picture the pre-human earth as this lovey dovey pretty forest campout where nothing bad could ever happen...

I mean, before we realized that oil could be used as a power source, there were natural oil springs on the surface, where it flowed like rivers spreading it's caustic goodness all over the landscape.

There were probably a lot more insects,
    and without human settlements to protect there was no humans putting out gigantic forest fires triggered by lightning strikes... so a lot of it was also on fire.

Our national parks look the way they do because we've more or less sculpted them to fit this idealized picture of nature we have. The reality was more like tar slathered burning goodness.
    as opposed to now where water is in some countries is so contaminated that it's beyond unsafe to drink from? where we are just dumping chemicals and waste into the oceans? yep so healthy for the enviroment. one of our rivers also recently got declared unsafe to swim or drink from. the wolf river.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    The solution is easy, send all conservatives and capitalists to prison camps.

World fixed. :-P
    and now you've become the very evil your fighting against anarch. great job.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather do something like this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terra_Nova_(TV_series)

but perhaps not go so far back in time. Let's say 5+ million years back (before humans or near humans evolved), creating a timeline split as to not just make everyone alive vanish.

Take 100k or so people (for diversity. Or maybe 10k and a bunch of frozen embryos), all our tech knowledge, and start over.

Maybe we wouldn't destroy the planet like we are doing now.

Revert the world to before humans (also the answer to 4).

Mwahahahaha!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now? I would absolutely destroy it. As it is, we have dumbasses in all political offices with their hands hovering over the nuke button. I would just push it, and say fuck it.

If I could Conquer it and shape it how I see a future where humanity can coexist and strive for a better future... and not be overthrown, then I would conquer the earth.

"somehow" goes with the conquering.

"Sociopathia" is running wild in this thread!

There is only one path to peace, their extinction.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."