Thread: Immigrants.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    No, most of us were born here. People born here are Americans, not immigrants.
    True. Our ancestors were immigrants, but if you think that way everyone not living in Africa is an immigrant.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Yeah, no.

'Illegal' is them trying to justify being anti-immigrant.
    yeah, bullshit buddy. I am a first-generation immigrant myself and I have never in 25 years experienced any anti-legal immigrant sentiment. EVER. What I am tired of are the people who claim that being against illegal immigration is the same as being against all immigration.
    Last edited by spanishninja; 2015-09-01 at 02:24 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Please don't play semantics.
    I don't think you understand the definition of semantics, nor immigrant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    True. Our ancestors were immigrants, but if you think that way everyone not living in Africa is an immigrant.
    That is the truth, so why wouldn't you think that way?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    I don't think you understand the definition of semantics, nor immigrant.
    Nope. So what? Whether it was this generation or 2 generations prior, you're still a recent immigrant to the land and your ancestors killed and destroyed the lands of the natives.

Incredibly hypocritical to turn around and tell immigrants now to go back home.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spanishninja View Post
    yeah, bullshit buddy. I am a first-generation immigrant myself and I have never in 25 years experienced any anti-legal immigrant sentiment. EVER.
    And judging from your avatar of Rainbow Dash over an American flag, you got this American thing down. I like you!

Just curious but if ISIS was in Mexico how many people here would still be ok with illegal immigration? Would you not want to know who is getting access to your country?

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope. So what? Whether it was this generation or 2 generations prior, you're still a recent immigrant to the land and your ancestors killed and destroyed the lands of the natives.
    But I didn't and I'm not responsible for my ancestors.

I have no problem with the people that are here now, but anyone who comes here illegally from here on needs to be sent back to their country of origin immediately.

10+ Year Old Account

A big difference between Illegal and Legal immigration, friend. A vast majority of American citizens are descendant from either legal immigrants or settlers from before the country was even a thing. All those people to come through Ellis Island? Legal. There is a right way to do this, is it too much to ask that they do it the right way?

10+ Year Old Account
    Illegal immigrants isn't ideal but the U.S. is still much better off with them.

7+ Year Old Account
    I take it you're against amnesty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Letting current illegals stay is much like legalizing marijuana. It sounds like a good idea, and you feel smart and progressive for arguing for it, but in reality, both can and will have serious consequences.

15+ Year Old Account
    yeah, bullshit buddy. I am a first-generation immigrant myself and I have never in 25 years experienced any anti-legal immigrant sentiment. EVER. What I am tired of are the people who claim that being against illegal immigration is the same as being against all immigration.
    What I'm getting tired of is everyone thinking that the only illegal immigrants, or the only ones to worry about, are Mexicans.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

the only problem people actually have about immigrants is the illegal kind. nobody ever talked shit about legal immigration afaik

Well i beg to differ we hear constantly right wing crying about LEGAL immigration all across the world right now

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Letting current illegals stay is much like legalizing marijuana. It sounds like a good idea, and you feel smart and progressive for arguing for it, but in reality, both can and will have serious consequences.
    Because every country with legalized marijuana is a war torn, poverty stricken nation. Oh wait...
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Well i beg to differ we hear constantly right wing crying about LEGAL immigration all across the world right now
    That is a European issue, in the US its the exact opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Emageht Tsoluoy View Post
    My ancestors were immigrants.
    Without my ancestors sailing across the ocean, and coming to America, i would not be here.

I love immigrants.
    Immigrants means that there is something about the country i live in, that others also want, and are willing to sacrifice to get it.

All the more power to them.

It is hard to be successful in America is you do not have inherited money.
    Really hard.

While i believe that "illegal" immigrants are an issue, and that they are a net drain on the economy if they do not pay taxes, I do not believe that all this hatred over who comes over the border and in what capacity they arrive, is reason to have such hatred over people that just want to live a better life than where they came from.

I just really do not understand how America came to be such a highly xenophobic nation.
    Sure is hard if you have only one stream of income to become successful. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile. No the problem with immigration is that we have laws that aren't being enforced. We have a system that rewards human traffickers that bring tens of thousands of people to work here for free. The government doesn't benefit, you don't benefit and nobody else does either besides the traffickers. If we put more focus on these groups then that would kill 2 birds with one stone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Because every country with legalized marijuana is a war torn, poverty stricken nation. Oh wait...
    Sorry, but looks like you fell into the trap. Looking at it one level deep and you think you know how it will work. Just trust me friend, its bad. At least for America, in particular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Yeah, no.

'Illegal' is them trying to justify being anti-immigrant.
    So I must ask... since you are Russian and you no longer live in Russia, where do you live? I assume you emigrated to your new country legally, did you not?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Ask the native americans how much they love illegal immigrants.
    First you need to prove most of them had a legal system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Where do you hear this in the US?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.