Page 16 of 60 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Not really. That defense is more "I'm rich" than "I'm an idiot".
    I'd say it's more put together "I'm an idiot, because I'm rich"
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Its not me at all. I have never raped anyone, and your a disingenuous bullshit peddler and outright lair who projects their own, most likely rape fantasy's on other normal, happily married with 3 kids, citizens.
    It's kinda what you've said on this topic. Your wannabe psychology analysis on teenage girls is frightening.

Deleted
    Nothing I guess, until you project them on me when I dont have that particular fetish. Thats all.
    He didn't project anything, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    it's not victim blaming to help women avoid rape. same goes for any crime. it's the criminal's fault for doing it, but you still take steps to prevent it.

when you apply the nonsense that gets spouted to any other crime it sounds completely ridiculous
    It's funny because I'm relatively certain most of the people on the other side of the argument would agree, women (and men, because let's not forget that men get raped/victimized too) should do what they can to keep themselves safe, but they are super concerned about the possibility of the victim being blamed for doing something irresponsible and that being used to mitigate the severity of the crime that they take an extreme position so as to avoid falling on the wrong side of sense.

I think perhaps it should be stated that I don't think anyone on this forum is trying to say that the rapist isn't 100% guilty of what they have done, just that all individuals can take measures to protect themselves from being a victim. I'm pretty sure anyone trying to say that the victim is somehow responsible for what happened to them needs a few whacks over the head until some sense starts to sink in. Yes, someone could do something that puts them in a vulnerable position, that does not in ANY way mean that what happened to them was their fault. The fault is always 100% with the perpetrator, the victim can only ever be 'guilty' of not being perfectly cautious, which is NOT A CRIME.
    Druidjezus' Law: "As the length of any online discussion increases, the probability that [insert any topic here] will be mentioned approaches 1, duh."
    I am the Druid Jesus, and I approve of this message.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I'd say it's more put together "I'm an idiot, because I'm rich"
    You can get rich by stupidity?

God damn, i must be a genius.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    More cop outs, sure you aren't, by any means, 100% responsible for being raped.
    But if you go for a stroll through Detroit with handfuls of cash... don't be surprised if someone relieves you of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilla Blomma View Post
    What's wrong with rape fantasies?
    Nothing, from my experience nearly everyone has them on both sides of the fence. Can be a lot of fun to enact

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    You can get rich by stupidity?

God damn, i must be a genius.
    That doesn't follow.

Deleted
    What's wrong with rape fantasies?
    Apart from a romantisized picture of a Traumatic event, and actually longing for it?

Not much, i suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    While always good advice, it doesn't get to the core of the problem. It doesn't matter how the woman dresses, if she is raped it isn't her fault because of how she dressed. It is the man's fault for raping.

I'm amazed at how this very simple concept is so difficult to understand.

The fact that we are teaching women ways to avoid getting raped says a lot about how far we have yet to go to be the civilized society we think we are...
    If she is raped, it is terrible and unfortunate, but to say she is exculpated from all blame entirely is just a little absurd.

In society, we teach all sorts of people to avoid doing all sorts of things in order to reduce risk of negative consequences. Again, the operating word here being reduce.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a good fix: If someone's found guilty of rape or child molestation, hang them and televise the event on the nightly news. Doesn't matter what gender they are, give 'em the noose.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    That doesn't follow.
    Damn it, so close. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Here's a good fix: If someone's found guilty of rape or child molestation, hang them and televise the event on the nightly news. Doesn't matter what gender they are, give 'em the noose.
    Yeah, give women the power to hang people for no other reason then their word.

That sounds progressive.

Deleted
    Apart from a romantisized picture of a Traumatic event, and actually longing for it?

Not much, i suppose.
    Rape fantasies doesn't mean you're actually longing for being raped. Being raped inherently means it's against your will, you can't want something that's against your will. I think the term "rape fantasy" is stupid, a more approriate term is consensual non-consent. Which can be pretty fun to do.

I have no idea what your on about. I live my life according to my experiences, as thats the smartest way to be. You literally accused me of sick inhumane shit and I wont tolerate that libel. How dare you literally accuse me of brutal rape scenario its literally the sickest thing I have read in my life, and I have been very offended on this forum before but this takes that cake. I have literally never read an arrangement of words that has disturbed or upset me more.
    "Coy playful girls" - TheOne01 2015. You trying to base an argument upon the fact that some girls want it, despite they say they don't is kinda sick so i guess we're 2 on this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, give women the power to hang people for no other reason then their word.

That sounds progressive.
    Because we totally don't have a legal system and advanced forensics, and because I specifically mentioned hanging men who rape women and not the other way around.

Reading comprehension needs work, bruh.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>

Not much, i suppose.
    Rape Fantasy and actual Rape are two totally different things.

When it comes to rape fantasy, from a girl's point of view, you have to really sincerely trust the guy (or girl ) that you're with. Like, way beyond a casual level. This is also something that it safe, with code words and code actions that you can do to immediately stop anything that you do not like. It is completely consensual and it requires a uniquely high sense of trust with whom you're with.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Rape fantasies doesn't mean you're actually longing for being raped. Being raped inherently means it's against your will, you can't want something that's against your will. I think the term "rape fantasy" is stupid, a more approriate term is consensual non-consent. Which can be pretty fun to do.

I know what it means, I just found it funny to prod at the "literal meaning" of it. :P

You're more likely to get raped by a partner or friend, in your own home or their home, than by a stranger. You people seem to ignore where and how rapes actually happen.
    Just like you're more likely to be murdered by someone you know. But again, as many people have said, we're talking about mitigating a smaller, more controllable set of circumstances, not the entire issue at large. What are people going to do, simply not have friends and family?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Because we totally don't have a legal system and advanced forensics, and because I specifically mentioned hanging men who rape women and not the other way around.

Reading comprehension needs work, bruh.
    Except people have been convicted of rape in the face of no rape, because it can very much be a "He said" versus "She said".

And overall, i suspect this "rigid system" (that is quite flawed, lol) - would end up favoring women. Just a lurking suspicion, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    I don't think men need to be taught not to rape.

I never went to 'don't rape' class and I've never had the inclination to do it.

Maybe I am a higher form of life.
    It's just a disgusting ideology that makes people feel better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Sure, and teach criminals not to do any crimes rather than having the police try to educate seniors on how to be safer, right? (Protip: They're not even mutually exclusive)
    But people see an instance of one and cry for 10 instances of the other.