Page 36 of 60 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AzazeltheRuthless View Post
    Eh, oh well all system make mistakes. Still think killing them is a better option. Though with the amount of fake rapes that get reported....I highly doubt they deserve to be executed.
    Fake rapes are consistent with every other crime amount. As in, it's negligible, but every time one is found it's held up as this big standard of "look, women tryin' ta ruin all menz!".

And "oh well, we make mistakes" is NEVER acceptable when someone is killed as a result of your mistake. Saying "sorry, the system isn't perfect" doesn't restore them to life.

- - - Updated - - -

Why even bother with him? Your clothes have so little to do with it, it's more alcohol and drugs than the clothes. Alcohol is the culprit and the issue and basically imo, one of the major things any female/male can control. Guess what, if you don't drink or at least don't allow yourself to get drunk, you'll lower the risk a ton. Guess what...you can think straight.
    Because your narrative is bullshit as well.

Most rapes happen from people you know and trust. NOT someone you hook up with on a one night stand. NOT someone you meet in a bar. Someone you've been friends with for a while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    You obviously don't understand how easily criticism can be called harassment just to suppress dissent. I'd say open your eyes but you're blind as a bat...
    This is some conspiracy theory shit. No, criticism won't be called harassment.

You obviously don't understand how easily criticism can be called harassment just to suppress dissent. I'd say open your eyes but you're blind as a bat...
    They're very different legally.

I d find it amusing that you, as a non-swede, are calling a swede (yeah, yeah, i know you're technically a fin tiili <3) blind and that they don't know the laws of their country when you can't even read what you're citing.

Here is a story.
    A couple years ago I used to work the graveyard shift at a hospital. I didn't have a car at the time so I caught the bus to and from work. Going home I caught the bus at a stop a few blocks away from the hospital. It was in a seedy neighborhood but was only a 6 min walk from the hospital. There was another bus stop that was a bit safer because it was right next to a parking garage with cameras but that was a 17 min walk from the hospital so I went to the closer one. One night on my way to the bus stop I was mugged. Luckily I came out of it unharmed and only lost 70$ in cash and my iphone. Now could I have done things to not put myself in that position, Sure. I could have went to the safer bus stop. I could have asked coworkers for a ride, or I could have just paid a bit more and caught a cab home, but you know what the point is, I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO. At the end of the day its not my fault I got robbed. The guy who robbed me is the only person at fault. People have to right to be able to dress how they want, go out by themselves, and drink, or go to whatever damn bus stop they want without fear of being raped, robbed or murdered. Saying that if you dress a certain way, act to flirty, or go out at night by yourself your asking to be raped is stupid. Those are rights that everyone should have regardless of gender.

There are things that I disagree with modern feminism about, but this one is pretty much common since. Its no ones fault if they get raped. Saying that is just giving rapist an excuse to rape. "Its okay that I raped her. Her Skirt was 4 inches above her knees, her blouse showed way to much cleevage and she was walking alone at night, so she had to have wanted it." - Does that sound reasonable to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Fake rapes are consistent with every other crime amount. As in, it's negligible, but every time one is found it's held up as this big standard of "look, women tryin' ta ruin all menz!".

And "oh well, we make mistakes" is NEVER acceptable when someone is killed as a result of your mistake. Saying "sorry, the system isn't perfect" doesn't restore them to life.

- - - Updated - - -

Most rapes happen from people you know and trust. NOT someone you hook up with on a one night stand. NOT someone you meet in a bar. Someone you've been friends with for a while.
    I think the reason people harp so hard on false accusations for rape since the mere accusation basically makes you poison and ,unless you have hard evidence to prove your innocence, will be treated as a criminal by the community if acquitted.

Example: Tili.

This doesn't work unless you have a perfect legal system.

Which we, by a fucking massive amount, do not. Said legal system would likely have to remove the human element to even be viable, and would still cost more than life in prison.
    I tend to lean more utilitarian than individualist, so I'm ok as long as it is accurate most of the time. As long as the number of innocents incorrectly executed is less than the number of people who are not victimized due to the reduction in crime (using a scale based on the severity of the incidents that were eliminated) I'd be ok with it. Also, I think we are far more likely, in America at least, to let a guilty person go than imprison a not-guilty person. I do think a computer program being used in place of a jury could be very interesting though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Well I am was more thinking along lines of education. Sex ed, is still in a lot of places purely "penis goes in vagina, until ejaculation occurs", and some places they add "On no circumstance, should you have sex before marriage", and I think that might be a contributor to misunderstandings or misjudgement of consent, because some won't have an idea what sex is supposed to be outside of the purely biological part. As well as, we say that women should dress such and such but never that certain clothing does not mean you are legalized in banging those with it on, or that women shouldn't drink around male strangers, but not that men shouldn't be around female strangers that drink (that one is stupid, and I know it, but purely an example).
    It becomes disproportionate what we teach each gender about sex, consent, attitude, behaviour and rape, and I think it leads to some of these bad situations. But I don't know for sure, and I am still incapable of coming with good ideas how to balance it a little more, but I feel it is something that sorely is lacking in these discussions.
    Oh, I definitely agree there is room for improvement in all areas. American education on sex ed is terrible, and the Bush administration's policy of cutting funding to schools that didn't teach abstinence only was idiotic and should have been thrown out as unconstitutional, but here we are. I was in a Catholic high school and at one point they actually had a nurse come in and try and tell us that condoms were ineffective because the natural gaps in the material of latex are many times the size of the aids virus... organisms? I'd have loved to have pointed out that advocating to teenagers not to use condoms should probably be punishable by flogging, but I didn't want detention.
    Druidjezus' Law: "As the length of any online discussion increases, the probability that [insert any topic here] will be mentioned approaches 1, duh."
    I am the Druid Jesus, and I approve of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I think the reason people harp so hard on false accusations for rape since the mere accusation basically makes you poison and ,unless you have hard evidence to prove your innocence, will be treated as a criminal by the community if acquitted.

Example: Tili.
    I've said in the past that the media should absolutely be fucked up the ass with fines and shut downs for posting names and pictures of people that are accused, but haven't even been to court, let alone convicted of a crime. That is ABSOLUTELY bulshit, and shouldn't be allowed.

But it's not just a problem with rape cases. The same will happen for murder. Or drunk driving. Or theft. If you google someone and their name comes up with ANY crime... they're fucked for a job. Even if found not guilty.

Deleted
    it's not conspiracy theory shit at all. It's an active attack on free speech all over the world. here's an example from Canada
    You can be held legally responsible for things that constitutes harassment, even if online? Color me shocked.

They are both bad decisions made whilst drunk: you really think drunkards aren't thinking about the legality of pissing on a cop car? Don't try to disregard the valid comparison by introducing a fallacy.

I never said they were a swede at all. I said 'in sweden it's blah blah blah'
    She IS a swede. As in, she lives in the country you're trying to say she knows nothing about, while you do not. As in, that's her native language, and you don't read it at all. As in... you're citing shit you can't read, in a context you don't live in, and trying to tell the native-born they don't know what they're talking about.

Also, the difference between "criticism" and "harassment" are very different legally and have nothing to do with pissing on cop cars.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet your still ignoring the whole point of my narrative....which they do say, is you usually linked pretty highly. It's put your in a situation where your vulnerable. As I said, I'm not saying it's her fault she got raped, just saying, it's less likely to happen if you aren't intoxicated.

Yes rape does happen mostly from friends or people you know, but obviously you didn't know them all that well. Pretty much every college rape case you hear about has alcohol or partying involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Or the entire community rallies around the perpetrator because he's "important". Ex. Almost any footballer accused of assault.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelborne View Post
    Here is a story.
    A couple years ago I used to work the graveyard shift at a hospital. I didn't have a car at the time so I caught the bus to and from work. Going home I caught the bus at a stop a few blocks away from the hospital. It was in a seedy neighborhood but was only a 6 min walk from the hospital. There was another bus stop that was a bit safer because it was right next to a parking garage with cameras but that was a 17 min walk from the hospital so I went to the closer one. One night on my way to the bus stop I was mugged. Luckily I came out of it unharmed and only lost 70$ in cash and my iphone. Now could I have done things to not put myself in that position, Sure. I could have went to the safer bus stop. I could have asked coworkers for a ride, or I could have just paid a bit more and caught a cab home, but you know what the point is, I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO. At the end of the day its not my fault I got robbed. The guy who robbed me is the only person at fault. People have to right to be able to dress how they want, go out by themselves, and drink, or go to whatever damn bus stop they want without fear of being raped, robbed or murdered. Saying that if you dress a certain way, act to flirty, or go out at night by yourself your asking to be raped is stupid. Those are rights that everyone should have regardless of gender.

There are things that I disagree with modern feminism about, but this one is pretty much common since. Its no ones fault if they get raped. Saying that is just giving rapist an excuse to rape. "Its okay that I raped her. Her Skirt was 4 inches above her knees, her blouse showed way to much cleevage and she was walking alone at night, so she had to have wanted it." - Does that sound reasonable to you?
    Thank you because this is exactly what I am talking about. You recognize that you getting mugged was in no way your fault, but that you could have done things differently to potentially prevent being in those circumstances. That's all I've been saying this whole time but I've been getting told that's victim blaming.
    Druidjezus' Law: "As the length of any online discussion increases, the probability that [insert any topic here] will be mentioned approaches 1, duh."
    I am the Druid Jesus, and I approve of this message.

Deleted
    no you moron. I gave a link in english. She said it was BS, so I gave her a link in Swedish, presuming she could understand it, and trusting her to be honest about what it said. I suppose having more than one source is a bad thing?
    You gave me a link to a right-wing newspaper, which has grossly misinterpreted the law.

Yet your still ignoring the whole point of my narrative....which they do say, is you usually linked pretty highly. It's put your in a situation where your vulnerable. As I said, I'm not saying it's her fault she got raped, just saying, it's less likely to happen if you aren't intoxicated.

Yes rape does happen mostly from friends or people you know, but obviously you didn't know them all that well. Pretty much every college rape case you hear about has alcohol or partying involved.
    Uhh.

Again: I was raped by my mom's friend's kid, when we were both 14ish. I'd known him since I was 7. He was raised a good christian boy, had two sisters and a brother. I was out in the living room sleeping on a pull-out couch with my sister, wearing a pants and shirt combo.

You want to tell me about how "obviously you don't know them that well if they rape you"? Really? Because, generally, it's someone you've known for years that one day decides they want sex, whether you're willing or not.

- - - Updated - - -

no you moron. I gave a link in english. She said it was BS, so I gave her a link in Swedish, presuming she could understand it, and trusting her to be honest about what it said. I suppose having more than one source is a bad thing? Also the context is universal. It's not an isolated problem in Sweden. If I wanted to know about news in fairybullshit land, just cause you are from there, doesn't make you an expert either way.

you are all over the map now, aren't you. Take a break and let your neuron cooldown. You are just babbling now.
    You're so cute when you're on the ropes.

You linked the original source in swedish. the first source? consspiiiiraaaccyyy wooorllldd that didn't even bother to translate right.

A+ bro. A+.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Druidjezus View Post
    Oh, I definitely agree there is room for improvement in all areas. American education on sex ed is terrible, and the Bush administration's policy of cutting funding to schools that didn't teach abstinence only was idiotic and should have been thrown out as unconstitutional, but here we are. I was in a Catholic high school and at one point they actually had a nurse come in and try and tell us that condoms were ineffective because the natural gaps in the material of latex are many times the size of the aids virus... organisms? I'd have loved to have pointed out that advocating to teenagers not to use condoms should probably be punishable by flogging, but I didn't want detention.
    I will add that we should also flog those that try and silence the idea that women should take precautions to prevent rape (whoever that is, seeing as the article is trusting me to take their words face value).

Deleted
    Then clarify why
    this happened?
    He was acquitted in the court of appeal.

Then clarify why
    this happened?
    "“When are you journalists going to realize that it is deeply ingrained in Islamic culture to rape and mistreat those women who do not abide by the teachings of Islam?"

That's not criticism. That's hate speech. And hey, if you were a politician in the US and wrote that, you'd get fined as well!

Delusional much? on the ropes? From your simplistic bullshit? hardly.

There are *dozens* of sources, i linked one of the first one, then linked the second. http://chersonandmolschky.com/2014/0...-speech-islam/ here's a third. Must be propaganda right? I guess whenever a European is discussing an issue in America they should shut the fuck up and never offer an input, criticism, or ask for clarity because they aren't living there and couldn't possibly have anything to offer to the discussion

oh wrong gender for your word. Im offended you sexist shitlord
    Don't worry. Everyone here knows you're female. It's also irrelevant.

And just for more fun, the original reason he was fined? NOTHING to do with Islam itself:

"According to the judgment, the statement is not part of a “factual and authoritative discussion” and it thus it does not matter whether or not the statement is true."

15+ Year Old Account
    oh wrong gender for your word. Im offended you sexist shitlord
    Now now ladies, no catfighting in the harem.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Uhh.

Again: I was raped by my mom's friend's kid, when we were both 14ish. I'd known him since I was 7. He was raised a good christian boy, had two sisters and a brother. I was out in the living room sleeping on a pull-out couch with my sister, wearing a pants and shirt combo.

You want to tell me about how "obviously you don't know them that well if they rape you"? Really? Because, generally, it's someone you've known for years that one day decides they want sex, whether you're willing or not.

- - - Updated - - -

You're so cute when you're on the ropes.

You linked the original source in swedish. the first source? consspiiiiraaaccyyy wooorllldd that didn't even bother to translate right.

A+ bro. A+.
    This is like talking to a feminist, where they only twist your words to fit their point of view. Ugh, I'll explain what the word highly means now, so everyone can understand. Highly, is an adverb, used to describe a high degree or levels, it's used in probability views mostly. So in this case, I said Alcohol is highly involved in rape. Highly, doesn't infer 100% in any shape or form or in every case. Other things do happens, stranger rape happens, gang rape, military rape, and all sorts of other forms of rape do exist out there. Not every case includes alcohol, and hell their is marital rape as well, and I won't deny that.

When your talking about probabilities, you talk usually about the highest segment that infected, which is mostly friend or acquaintance rape, in which alcohol is involved. Outlying parameters do exist and aren't discounted, but in most of those situations it can't be prevented no matter what was done.

It's like a school shooting, are you going to shutdown every school, because one situation of it happens, it's highly insignificant. Not to make it sound like what happen to you wasn't terrible or awful, which it was. I look at things with mathematical probability and the way it can be helped. Honestly your situation, is just one that doesn't fit.