Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What I've always found amazing is that people claim that there are dupes when literally zero actual proof of dupes exists. Pointing to a sudden random influx of an item and going "lol dupe." isn't proof of a dupe. It's well documented that there have been one-off dupes that have happened by taking advantage of clueless GMs. But literally zero evidence of any repeatable duping method exists, past or present. Dupes that supposedly happened in huge numbers YEARS ago which were presumably fixed? No evidence of such a thing exists on any of the sites dedicated to such things. We can take away from this that either dupes don't exist (likely) or that the WoW duping community is hands down the most secretive and tight lipped group in the history of the world. (Not very likely.) - And the excuse of "well duh of course they don't share because then it gets fixed." doesn't apply because information on past dupes isn't available either. Unless it's the same duping method, in which case the dupers are hands down the most secretive group of people to ever exist -AND- Blizzard is so incompetent that they can't fix a several year old dupe.

Duping. lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah duping doesn't exist. Those red epic gems from Dragon Soul you could buy a thousand off from level 1s a few weeks after the raid opened had obviously been obtained from actually clearing the raid hundreds of times. And those level 1s were also selling Jeweled Onyx Panthers for 80% of the actual vendor price to be nice, same with the 5k gold Spectral Tiger Cubs and Ethereal Soul Traders that normally cost a hundred bucks from eBay. And the unlimited supply of Crimson Deathchargers? Well obviously they botted Shadowmourne and only sold the mounts!

Just stop it, god dammit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    What I've always found amazing is that people claim that there are dupes when literally zero actual proof of dupes exists. Pointing to a sudden random influx of an item and going "lol dupe." isn't proof of a dupe. It's well documented that there have been one-off dupes that have happened by taking advantage of clueless GMs. But literally zero evidence of any repeatable duping method exists, past or present. Dupes that supposedly happened in huge numbers YEARS ago which were presumably fixed? No evidence of such a thing exists on any of the sites dedicated to such things. We can take away from this that either dupes don't exist (likely) or that the WoW duping community is hands down the most secretive and tight lipped group in the history of the world. (Not very likely.) - And the excuse of "well duh of course they don't share because then it gets fixed." doesn't apply because information on past dupes isn't available either. Unless it's the same duping method, in which case the dupers are hands down the most secretive group of people to ever exist -AND- Blizzard is so incompetent that they can't fix a several year old dupe.

Duping. lol.
    Yes duping doesnt exist. I once bought 10 Crimson Deathchargers from lv1 player with random letter name who couldnt speak english. The same day, AH suddenly filled with them... I mean rather than having the usual 1-2 of them in our realm, there were 40-50. No dupes. Really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haippari View Post
    Yes duping doesnt exist. I once bought 10 Crimson Deathchargers from lv1 player with random letter name who couldnt speak english. The same day, AH suddenly filled with them... I mean rather than having the usual 1-2 of them in our realm, there were 40-50. No dupes. Really.

Totally legit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    What I've always found amazing is that people claim that there are dupes when literally zero actual proof of dupes exists.
    I take it you weren't around at the time, or were just completely oblivious to what was going on around you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch0s View Post
    Very nice post and kind of you to make it despite the fact that you're finished with then.

However I just wanted to say that I am totally flabbergasted by your signature, I have only just breached the 1.5 mill goal and that's with WoD and a bunch of garrisons. 34 million is just beyond belief :P
    Ye that's total gold acquired. Not profit. Total profit would be somewhere in 12-13 million region. Spent 4,4m on TCG mounts, 2,6m on BMAH, 800k on mythic mount boosts and all the other spending (vendor mounts, crafted mounts, gear etc.) would total another 2m propably. That's about 9,5-10m + I have 2,3m spare atm so total gold made = about 12m. Propably even more than that because during 3,5 years of play I spent a lot of gold on repairs, enchants, gems, reforges and failed auction deposits. Even garrisons on 10 characters.

As for the topic, yes duping does exist. Maybe it's not flat out item copy, but it's an exploit that allows you to obtain more copies of an item than intended. I bet the initial way of battle pet duping was involving server transfers and caging. A recent confirmed and widespread exploit like that was procing multiple rewards from heroic scenario loot box when patch 5.3 launched. All you needed to do was to bind rightclick to mousewheel, or use a fast clicker program (that lets you click 60 times a second on a toggle) and you could loot one box many times, obtaining a full inventory of epics + few thousand gold. Direct dupe? No. Exploit generating more copies of an reward than intended? Yes, absolutely. You could DE all these "duped" epics and flood the market with sha crystals.

People who say there are no dupes are completely clueless. If you actually bothered you could find very precise dupes and proofs along them on specific forums. Obviously not any working TCG ones because they sell for 10k+ dollars/euros when current. But to say dupes don't exist is simply naive. Blizzard HAS to deny dupes for obvious reasons - if they didn't, it would spark even more interest in them from every random Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    Yeah duping doesn't exist. Those red epic gems from Dragon Soul you could buy a thousand off from level 1s a few weeks after the raid opened had obviously been obtained from actually clearing the raid hundreds of times. And those level 1s were also selling Jeweled Onyx Panthers for 80% of the actual vendor price to be nice, same with the 5k gold Spectral Tiger Cubs and Ethereal Soul Traders that normally cost a hundred bucks from eBay. And the unlimited supply of Crimson Deathchargers? Well obviously they botted Shadowmourne and only sold the mounts!

Just stop it, god dammit.

thats why poeple sold the back panther from jewelcrafting cheaper then the price of a SINGEL crafter mount right?

there was a scammy level 1 selling black jw crafter mounts for 21k.. when the ORB you buy from the vendor was allready 20k or something like that.. and to get the black mount you need to craft the 4 other ones.. now maybe he was jsut stupid and had much cash to sell many of them for 21k but more probably it was just duped..

and yes i got one for 21k so he was selling them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    thats why poeple sold the back panther from jewelcrafting cheaper then the price of a SINGEL crafter mount right?

there was a scammy level 1 selling black jw crafter mounts for 21k.. when the ORB you buy from the vendor was allready 20k or something like that.. and to get the black mount you need to craft the 4 other ones.. now maybe he was jsut stupid and had much cash to sell many of them for 21k but more probably it was just duped..

and yes i got one for 21k so he was selling them
    You need a sarcasm detector, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    Captain what are the reasons? AFAIK Blizzard is fairly open about Exploitations happening.
    Are you retarded? I gave you the reason in the same sentence. And Blizzard denies dupes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I'm surprised people aren't taking advantage of this then. You can easily buy codes / cards for around £120 from ebay or that TCG loot site, which is not a lot to get gold cap considering £15 gets you 40k with the token.
    I made most of my gold by buying TCG loot on eBay and selling it on the AH during MoP. The tokens are nowhere near as lucrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    I made most of my gold by buying TCG loot on eBay and selling it on the AH during MoP. The tokens are nowhere near as lucrative.
    Exactly.

Nowadays you can buy a shorestrider for 150 euro on ebay and sell it for gold cap ANYWHERE.

If you buy 150 euros worth of tokens you'd only get 375k gold, barely more than 1\3 of that.

Blazing and corrupted hippogryphs? 200 euro or so and also can be sold for gold cap on the right realm, same thing.

This is EU only ofc, hippogryphs would never work in us cause there's literally hundreds in AH, shorestrider is still 500k and rare.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whilst I don't dupe, I really don't see the issue.

Wouldn't you rather get a bunch of cool mounts for cheap? or is the fact it is expensive and gives you the ability to swing around your invisible WoW-dick the only reason you buy them?

Why you are flamign people on the Interweb, what have I doed to deserve this?

Let me try again:
    I believe Blizzard is not denying dupes, because they said so. Blizzard has a"Security by obscurity" philosophy to not talk about details, but they do acknowledge that exploits happen.
    Examples:

From Reddit (and I saw a similar post on MMOC with Screenshot:
    "GM opened a chat window with me and told me they were going to remove the rest cause they came from a illicit source. They removed all the remaining queen's garnets (including some of my own [im a JC]) and paid me 2k per each of the ones they removed "

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...3877?page=1#11
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...2357?page=2#33

Blizzard does lie, a lot:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14821402417
    But this has more to do with overpromising or changing minds and is not active deception to do their bidding.

Now your turn. Show us what made you believe they deny duping.

OT again, in case this got lost:
    Back in 2014 one Chinese Exploiter whom I purchased several Spectral Tigers from abruptly told me "US only, no more EU" and I guess around 6.1 everone's stockpiles ran dry. This should answer OP's question regarding the UE/EU price descrepancy.
    Hope you do realise exploiting in Blizzard's eyes is not duping. They mean more like "hacking" accounts and getting all those TCG mounts/pets/items and putting them all on the Auction House. And for some reason it all happens at once, with massive waves

GM's often tell 100 different stories and half of they time they barely have any idea, eventhogh I don't blame them with the amount of crap they have to deal with. For almost every GM answer about anything you can find another one which states otherwise, for example - http://imgur.com/CObwWXZ
    Also:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6490540008#12
    Especially this - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004043730#6

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see them man up and accept that duping is as old as their game but the most I can see them doing is giving extremely vague answers about "exploits" and trying to explain how duping isn't the case or w/e.

Just because you don't know how these items appeared suddenly does not mean it was ̶a̶̶l̶̶i̶̶e̶̶n̶̶s̶ dupers.

Look hier 110 Jewpanthers 100% unduped. Probably exploited somewhere on their way in mein Guild bank, but not duped.
    An exploit that means you get more of an item is generally called a dupe.

P.S. There is plenty of evidence of limited supply items being duped past the possible limit of waht would be available region wide on a single server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because you don't know how these items appeared suddenly does not mean it was ̶a̶̶l̶̶i̶̶e̶̶n̶̶s̶ dupers.

Look hier 110 Jewpanthers 100% unduped. Probably exploited somewhere on their way in mein Guild bank, but not duped.
    If you're going to argue that it's not duping in the actual literal sense then yeah, sure, but duping has become a broad term just like many other things in WoW and for as long as I can remember it's simply the word being used when there's a seemingly infinite supply of items that simply cannot be obtained through any legit means.

I think the GMs tell us that duping doesn't exist because it's not duping in the literal sense of the word, but rather hacked items, or exploited items, or whatever. You simply cannot get hundred or thousands of a new raid material only a few weeks after the raid becomes available. Did they multiply a bunch of gems by using the item restore feature a hundred times over, did they manage to loot the same crate a hundred times because of a lag macro or did they simply hack the game? Or a corrupt GM? Who knows - but the majority simply calls it duping, because that's a nice and easy word for it.

Whatever it is it's been happening with TCG mounts and pets several times over the past few years and lately it seems like it's only been going on on US.

Duping or not more of it needs to happen for big battle bears/white riding camels, last ones I need

The fact that some TCG mounts (like Shorestrider and regular X-51 Rocket) show up only very rarely indicates that the other TCG mounts are probably being duped. Both X-51 rockets even come from the same card, one is very rare and the other very abundant.

Not that I care about dupes, I hope everything get duped so I can buy them cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharum View Post
    The fact that some TCG mounts (like Shorestrider and regular X-51 Rocket) show up only very rarely indicates that the other TCG mounts are probably being duped. Both X-51 rockets even come from the same card, one is very rare and the other very abundant.

Not that I care about dupes, I hope everything get duped so I can buy them cheap.
    Nah, about the rockets, the red one is from BMAH. Look at the rhino, it's also on BMAH and it's one of the most dominant tcg mounts (quantity wise) in eu.

I agree that roosters and both tigers had a recent dupe, but quantity is collapsing again, 10 roosters, 4 tigers, 0 purples.

Saw a new shorestrider on stormscale (high pop), gold cap, sold within few hours, not surprised, as it was 1 month that another one wasn't seen in eu.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Only 850k on our realm! But yeah getting all of them on EU nowadays is a sick feat. Apparently not so much on US.
    Currently considering buying the ugly chicken on my server, it finally showed up. For just full gold cap.