Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Well tbh I will be glad if we even finish HC HFC at this point as I said we lost (they are taking a break) our core raiders already who attended like 90% of the raid now we are just left with the 'new' guys who we need to gear because geared people don't join a guild who cleared only normal and are now on 10/13 HC..

I know of course this was going to happen I just didn't expect it to happen this soon. HFC is still new but because of the announcement of the next xpac people already feel like there is no point to raiding...

I like the idea of a carrot on a stick the the looms in SoO but yea since we all get the same weapon in legion what should it be?

I been subbed from 2005 and took break but this is really the first time I am really disappointed in Blizzard...
    If I was still paying money for my sub I would have probably unsubbed by now
    Last edited by Joozt; 2015-09-04 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    i really wonder why Blizz doesnt bring in another carrot on the stick like garrosh heirlooms in MOP.
    Isn't the leg ring gaining ilvls every week kind of similar?

Quote Originally Posted by Pandule View Post
    It is useless in the next xpac people just want to be done with WOD at this point

10+ Year Old Account
    Easily solved,kick the guys who only sub for a bit and dont help during the bad times,keep the ones that do.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    Easily solved,kick the guys who only sub for a bit and dont help during the bad times,keep the ones that do.
    Yes that would be an option I guess..

I don't understand how this is a content drought? HFC is still pretty new, most "hardcore" raiders still have not cleared it on Mythic. A lot of casual raiders still have not cleared it on Heroic. Its one of the better raids they have released and its still only a few months old :/

Second this. Its not the game as much as the people. My guildies just like everybody else know the lack of anything to do outside our raid hours is glaring.

We may not have much reason to log in and kill time in Wow... but we are all still in mumble playing Diablo, Hots, or Hearthstone being social with each other... not quitting because 'no content in wow'.

15+ Year Old Account
    If your guild was founded on pure raiding then it's definitely going to die as you hit each content drought. That's easy to see. People won't keep killing the same bosses or tossing themselves at a brick wall forever just to achieve world 250. That's human nature.

If Blizzard does a nerf or buff to the zone those still working on it will cry foul but it will allows others to get over that hurdle and continue raiding. I'm wondering if they will this expansion pack.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Well you can't just come up and bring the old "sub loss yadda" argument without actually making any real points,
    because sub loss like this has huge snawball effect impact on game as whole and atm its frefall - with each few people leaving game their friends leave too guilds wehihc has been around for years creating bonds and keeping people in game dissapear - it will have disastreus effect for future of game - people were always claiming that only wow can kill wow - well its hasppening in this very moment and people who claim different are delusional - just wait for Q3 sub resoults it most probably gonna end up below 4 mln with q4 ending up below 2 mln.

if you ever had any experience with managing a company that produces something loosing 3/4 of you customerbase usually means that its time to call bankrupcy and salvage whatevers left as there isnt even a single company out there which is saving 3/4 of its profit for worse times.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2015-09-04 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammanas View Post
    I don't understand how this is a content drought? HFC is still pretty new, most "hardcore" raiders still have not cleared it on Mythic. A lot of casual raiders still have not cleared it on Heroic. Its one of the better raids they have released and its still only a few months old :/
    The raid might be new but outside of that there is nothing to do that's why people are unsubbing..

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    I'm wondering if they will this expansion pack.
    they have too - the sonner the better - else there will be nothing left to salvage in legion - unless blizzard decided thats its time to pull off wow plu after thoise years and legion biggest feture will be that its gonna be last expansion ever untill wow2.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandule View Post
    you need to kill archi to get that - most casual guilds have no chance to do it unless some heavy nerfs kick in.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2015-09-04 at 03:16 PM.

6.2 has been out for barely 2 months and people are complaining about "content drought"?

After a while you will find no one to kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    If your guild was founded on pure raiding then it's definitely going to die as you hit each content drought. That's easy to see. People won't keep killing the same bosses or tossing themselves at a brick wall forever just to achieve world 250. That's human nature.

If Blizzard does a nerf or buff to the zone those still working on it will cry foul but it will allows others to get over that hurdle and continue raiding. I'm wondering if they will this expansion pack.
    They did eventually do targeted nerfs in SoO. I'm sure they eventually will, possibly sooner than later as we are approaching 3 month mark, for bosses like mythic gore fiend and Mannoroth.

I'd say for most mythic guilds for the people who don't just raid log, they want the prestige Archimonde mythic mount. And it takes 20 weeks to get it, so I think there still is a lot of incentive to keep pushing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

This is pretty standard for post-announcement-end of tier burnout. A lot of people who don't live and breath raiding are just sidelining it until Legion. Why continue to bash your head against bosses if there is nothing left to progress for? We all know that come next xpac, greens will replace raiding gear(again), so why not just take a break from WoD and come into Legion fresh?

Quote Originally Posted by Joozt View Post
    Since blizzard announce the Legion xpac and the fact that 6.2 is probably the last big patch my guild is slowly breaking down. Before we had 25+ active raids slowly progressing in HC HFC looking positive for future mythic raiding at some point.
    In the last 3 weeks like +-10 core raiders just quit and all say CY in legion...

At this point I am getting frustrated, of course I will try to find new raiders but it is hard to turn this shit around.
    Anyone want to share their experience on the matter and maybe have tips on how to keep things going till the next xpac?
    People honestly have no intention of 'building' a mythic guild. If you don't have a mythic capable group and aren't clearing at least the first few, you're going to lose raiders. It's not Legion, it's not 6.2, it's not even a content drought. It's a by-product of the 20man system. Most guilds simply aren't capable of fielding 23 people every T/W/Th. That being said, at least you got out before halfway through mythic. Worse than falling short of Mythic is watching guilds around you blow up on gorefiend for the last 3 months. We're almost done with mythic and almost all of our apps have been '5/13' =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joozt View Post
    Since blizzard announce the Legion xpac and the fact that 6.2 is probably the last big patch my guild is slowly breaking down. Before we had 25+ active raids slowly progressing in HC HFC looking positive for future mythic raiding at some point.
    In the last 3 weeks like +-10 core raiders just quit and all say CY in legion...

At this point I am getting frustrated, of course I will try to find new raiders but it is hard to turn this shit around.
    Anyone want to share their experience on the matter and maybe have tips on how to keep things going till the next xpac?
    It has always been like that. The last raiding tier of an expansion always feels a bit pointless since you know that there is no reason to do the whole farming thing. My suggestion would be to talk about it within the guild, come to an agreement on what your goal for this expansion is. If enough people don't want to keep progress raiding, maybe the best thing for the guild is to just take it easy until Legion. Maybe try to clear as much as possible on 1-2 raids a week. The other way is to just replace the ones that doesn't want to continue raiding, but I guess that might not be so easy for a struggling casual guild.
    Last edited by zephid; 2015-09-04 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firespark View Post
    6.2 has been out for barely 2 months and people are complaining about "content drought"?
    less than 75 guilds have killed mythic 13/13 world wide too ... lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    both icc and ds had gradual nerfs so people could and did strike for nerfed version of hc prety seriously especially that badge gear was giving very nice boost too- now there is nothing and since most peopel will never kill normal archi the nerf is non existent for guidls which really need it - blizzard just given up on wow its quite clear - they are reducing and cuting out everything and probably only thing which will remain in next expansion will be few dungeons at start then only 2 tiers of raid + shop mounts to milk that 1 mln that will remain due to addiction

blizzard is just anoyign at this point - instead thinking of something which will give players char progress source on daily basis - maybe wf/socket/tertiary augument for gear for daily/dungeon currency they are just lazy like fuck and not doin anything
    The "nerfed versions" of those raids took 3-4 months to show up and started at a 5% nerf that stacked weekly. It took 7 weeks for the 35% nerf to take hold in ICC. If you're this salty then just quit and stop worrying about the game. There are far more than 1 million subs at the moment and being on 2 full realms I can assure you that raiding as a whole isn't suffering greatly at the moment, but the pre expansion blues will be setting in on a guild by guild basis.

I've personally never understood the whole "i'm going to quit until the next expansion" thing either. I have tons to do on alts and my mains. I want to push the top end content no matter if it's the same place on the 5th difficulty or the 5th raid on it's only difficulty. For someone like me multiple difficulties (Which we've had since 10/25m split raids came in) only means more content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    It has always been like that. The last raiding tier of an expansion always feels a bit pointless since you know that there is no reason to do the whole farming thing. My suggestion would be to talk about it within the guild, come to an agreement on what your goal for this expansion is. If enough people don't want to keep progress raiding, maybe the best thing for the guild is to just take it easy until Legion. Maybe try to clear as much as possible on 1-2 raids a week. The other way is to just replace the ones that doesn't want to continue raiding, but I guess that might not be so easy for a struggling casual guild.
    This is flat out wrong. You get a huge power boost in the new expansion with your Mythic gear. Heroic ICC items weren't replaced until lvl 84, Heroic DS gear wasn't replaced until lvl 89 and Mythic SOO gear wasn't replaced until lvl 99/heroics. Being able to just put your head down and level is a big advantage on your way to the end game.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I don't really get the multiple settings logic here. It's not like multiple raid tiers were replaced with multiple difficulties of the same tier.

You had nothing more to do after clearing ICC, you had nothing more to do after clearing DS, you had nothing more to do after clearing SoO and you got nothing to do after clearing HC. It's just what it is - you tackled the final content of an expansion and now there's nothing more to do until the next xpac ships. Unless you're willing to do the same thing over and over and over again for several more months to come. If anything, an additional difficulty would give it a little more sense - I don't see how multiple difficulties are to blame.

It's just the nature of raiding. Why would you do the same stuff for months, especially when it's not leading up to anything else? People will naturally become bored and take a break. Content drought is a traditional problem of the whole concept of raiding guilds. It simply comes with the territory, you either put up with that, or you don't. Just one of the reasons I gave up on it several years ago. Don't see the point in "keeping things going" when there isn't anything to be kept going. It's just a hassle.
    Agreed with your points on the nature of raiding. Once you're done, you'll get bored eventually, but there should be many other factos that keep you in game besides raiding. If all of those raiders that quit had something else to do in game, they would have renewed their subscription since they'd be still interested in it and as a result raid as well. For example, back in MoP 5.4, a long lasting patch that it was, I was still playing after I got like 588ilvl (which meant like, got every piece in warforged and I didn't raid from the start of the patch, started December 2013 and patch was out on September if I recall correctly) because I had loads of things to do. Some raid achies were hard, PvP was relevant, dailies were ok and had some proper rewards. My friends were also playing so I had company but that was because they had similar things they clinged to as well.

The game at this point has become dull outside raiding. I loved how they evolved raiding, the diversity of boss fights etc, but outside of it there's not much to keep you in. That's my opinion though. Others enjoy grinding rep, run their mount farm runs every week, pet battles and more, but it bores me. What I want to say is that clearing the endgame raid should not necessarily connect to being done with the expansion as a whole as many more other aspects should be able to keep you playing.