Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    Easily solved,kick the guys who only sub for a bit and dont help during the bad times,keep the ones that do.
    If you do that would just mean not enough people to run
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    People criticizing the multiple difficulty model are funny. Hey I agree but I would submit that many of you would not like the form raiding would take if it went back to one difficulty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    There is simply no reward in staying around to kill bosses you already killed in another difficulty setting. And when you understand that raiding the same content in multiple settings is no longer fun, then there is simply nothing else that WOD offers to keep you going.
    This. If you're not even IN mythic yet you're probably not even close to server best so there's not that kind of motivation. You've spend weeks on heroic and perhaps normal in order to... kill the same bosses on another difficulty?
    Last edited by clevin; 2015-09-04 at 05:33 PM.

Deleted
    We are progressing quite steadily in Heroic now so I fear, that we will be done with HFC in 4 months max. So many people don't bother doing anything anymore.

Man ... WoD ... such potential and they wont do anything with it. It is almost heartbreaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    People criticizing the multiple difficulty model are funny. Hey I agree but I would submit that many of you would not like the form raiding would take if it went back to one difficulty.
    I would and wouldn't. The issues were partly guilds being stuck at tier levels and people hopping, but that happens now, just with difficulties. Where people in TBC hopped from a guild doing T5 to one doing T6 they do that same thing now... moving from a heroic to a mythic guild.

The main problem with TBC raiding was that you had end of raid attunements (the vials) to get to T6 and everyone needed it so 24 people needed to go back and kill the T5 bosses to get the 1 person their vials. Take that out (or make it so that just the leader needs the item) and it would be a MUCH better system.

A few suggestions to keep people engaged:

1. If you're a 3 day/week raiding guild that is losing people to burnout/boredom, reduce to 2 days/week. Progression may be slower, but it's a lot easier for people to commit 2/7ths of week to raiding than 3/7ths of a week.

2. Get an alt saved to the lower ilvl farm bosses and extend that lockout every week so you can skip over the boring bosses from which nobody needs gear. Doing HFA for the 9th time when nobody needs that lower ilvl gear can be incredibly mind-numbing.

3. If you get stuck on a progression boss, mix things up for a week by doing something different - for example, kill prior tier mythic bosses if you haven't already killed them, knock difficulty down to normal for an achievement run, do an alt run, etc. Mixing things up keeps people interested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    This is flat out wrong. You get a huge power boost in the new expansion with your Mythic gear. Heroic ICC items weren't replaced until lvl 84, Heroic DS gear wasn't replaced until lvl 89 and Mythic SOO gear wasn't replaced until lvl 99/heroics. Being able to just put your head down and level is a big advantage on your way to the end game.
    But the fact is that the advantage you might get from BiS gear is not significant enough to actually make a noticeable difference in leveling speed. Sure a player with full BiS gear will level faster than someone that only has blues etc. but you won't level significantly faster than someone who has raiding gear, even if you have full BiS mythic and he only has normal/heroic gear. Having full BiS gear has never had an real effect on your leveling speed compared to someone who doesn't have BiS gear, but still has at least full raiding gear. And even in the cases where there are a noticeable difference the difference is still so small that it doesn't really matter. I think everyone can agree that it doesn't really matter if you do the whole leveling thing in for example 36 hours or if do it in 40 hours.
    Last edited by zephid; 2015-09-04 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Madone View Post
    A few suggestions to keep people engaged:

1. If you're a 3 day/week raiding guild that is losing people to burnout/boredom, reduce to 2 days/week. Progression may be slower, but it's a lot easier for people to commit 2/7ths of week to raiding than 3/7ths of a week.

2. Get an alt saved to the lower ilvl farm bosses and extend that lockout every week so you can skip over the boring bosses from which nobody needs gear. Doing HFA for the 9th time when nobody needs that lower ilvl gear can be incredibly mind-numbing.

3. If you get stuck on a progression boss, mix things up for a week by doing something different - for example, kill prior tier mythic bosses if you haven't already killed them, knock difficulty down to normal for an achievement run, do an alt run, etc. Mixing things up keeps people interested.
    Wait wait wait, the point of this thread isn't to provide solutions, it's to complain about this expansion.

Kappa, awesome post

I quit back in April because there was nothing for me do as I didn't get on my guilds raid team and hate guild searching. So there was nothing to do for me, I only recently came back for Timewalker dungeons and Tanaan. But I think they announced an xpac far too soon. especially one that should have followed CATA. IMO both MOP and WOD are filler expansions with lore no one cares about that should have come after the main Warcraft story had ended with Sargeras banishment or death. I for one hated the last 2 xpacs because they were a waste of time and I was fighting stuff I didn't care about, an mean why not let MOP continent just destroy itself, or simply get the good Ol Garrosh mana bomb formula and nuke it? WOD ended when the Portal was closed IMO no threat to our timeline so who cares.

But anyway The Legion announcement was far too soon for the extreme lack of content that WOD has brought to us. Now we know that everything we do is a waste of time as there is an Xpac on the horizon, but it is still a ways out and there is nothing new to do, aside from running the same raid over and over again on a different difficulty.

Just came back to WoW after leaving about a month and a half into the EP (RL + guild drama = GTFO), boyfriend and I rerolled to join a friend's casual weekend raiding guild. At the time we joined, they had 2 mostly full 25 mans running reg flex, one full heroic, and were on the way to building a mythic team. The guild was pretty fresh and started right before the Legion announcement, it was bustling and people were always doing things, pvp, rep grinding, old content, achieves, you name it.

In the past few weeks they've dropped/lost so many players, they're not even entertaining the idea of mythic anymore, and had a meeting recently to say that if recruitment doesn't pick up or current people in the guild don't step up, heroic raiding will likely be cancelled as well. The guild chat is quiet, and the GL has started expelling people who haven't been on in 2 weeks or more, the guild has shrunk from about 300 with 50-75 active any given day, to 130ish with about 10 or so active any given day, mostly officers trying to recruit. This guild is not alone in this on my server, which is one of the larger PvE ones that's got a generally midrange to upper progression, so it's not like it's the backwater blues.

They should have held onto the announcement til Blizzcon and put out something else for content til then.

It's only been 8 weeks! The raid is still brand new, only 60 guilds in the world finished the content so far.

We're so far away from 54 weeks of Siege of Orgrimmar and 48 weeks of Dragon Soul.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2015-09-04 at 08:05 PM.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank god we got flying though. That totally recharged my enjoyment in Warlords.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

7+ Year Old Account
    So i can easily say, that you can do nothing to stop people from un-subing undtil next expansion. What you can do though, is to make sure that the contact that you have with these players are maintained with keeping them on your Battlenet account. People on my server, and from my guild, often un-sub when we have killed the last HC boss in the current expansion(or normal before mythic) and did other stuff undtil a new expansion came out. By not being afraid of them leaving, i made sure to take a talk with most guildies who were quitting to make sure that when the next expansion comes out, they should come back to the old team.

People need stuff to do, but just because they unsub because of content drought, does not mean that they are going to quit the game forever. Get a deal going with your full team, take in pugs, switch guild if needed, but always keep the contact open so you are ready for new raids.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vjnzen View Post
    We are progressing quite steadily in Heroic now so I fear, that we will be done with HFC in 4 months max. So many people don't bother doing anything anymore.

Man ... WoD ... such potential and they wont do anything with it. It is almost heartbreaking.
    That would be 7 months into a tier. Tiers are designed to last roughly 6 months. So realistically you would have started a new tier already whether you finished the previous one or not. If you continue for 7 months you deserve a pat on the back. No sarcasm intended. All we can ask for is that Blizzard releases the next expansion before June.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

We had much more than 20 also and lately have been fields raid teams just under 20. It makes it tough since we seem to have a number of new members each week we work on Archi heroic. It makes me think when we do kill Archi we might not have enough for Mythics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I would and wouldn't. The issues were partly guilds being stuck at tier levels and people hopping, but that happens now, just with difficulties. Where people in TBC hopped from a guild doing T5 to one doing T6 they do that same thing now... moving from a heroic to a mythic guild.

The main problem with TBC raiding was that you had end of raid attunements (the vials) to get to T6 and everyone needed it so 24 people needed to go back and kill the T5 bosses to get the 1 person their vials. Take that out (or make it so that just the leader needs the item) and it would be a MUCH better system.
    Given the bell curve of what the average player is capable of in terms of skill you can rest assured that whatever the single raid difficulty model would look like it would be well closer to lfr then mythic....

Deleted
    Well OP I hope you have a long plan to survive becausr Legion might not hit until September...2016. I hope you are very low in progression because a long journey is ahead of you.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    they have too - the sonner the better - else there will be nothing left to salvage in legion - unless blizzard decided thats its time to pull off wow plu after thoise years and legion biggest feture will be that its gonna be last expansion ever untill wow2.

you need to kill archi to get that - most casual guilds have no chance to do it unless some heavy nerfs kick in.
    I meant as an inscentive to keep raiding like the garrosh heirlooms. garrosh was the endboss as well tho in mop :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I don't really get the multiple settings logic here. It's not like multiple raid tiers were replaced with multiple difficulties of the same tier.

You had nothing more to do after clearing ICC, you had nothing more to do after clearing DS, you had nothing more to do after clearing SoO and you got nothing to do after clearing HC. It's just what it is - you tackled the final content of an expansion and now there's nothing more to do until the next xpac ships. Unless you're willing to do the same thing over and over and over again for several more months to come. If anything, an additional difficulty would give it a little more sense - I don't see how multiple difficulties are to blame.
    Prior to WotlK;

Relevant dungeons and multiple tiers, so if you had reached the point of clearing content, going through it on an alt wasn't so bad because there was content you hadn't seen in months.

Today, nothing.., I'll say it again and you can let it sink in, nothing is relevant at any given time due to the multiple difficulties in each tier, you roll an alt-character, hit 100 and zerg LFR Highmaul, chances are if you have a competent group you clear normal / heroic in that same weak after getting a few upgrades.
    You then proceed to either LFR or normal Blackrock, you may even do Heroic Blackrock before doing HfC LFR.., but all of this is done inside of 2 weeks, after just 2 weeks you are right back where you stopped on your main.., which leads to boredom and burnout.

How you can even suggest another difficulty is extremely hard to understand from a logical perspective, in terms of value for money / replay value of content / overall enjoyment of content (What little there is considering so much is the same).

If I had the power to direct the development team for Legion onwards, I'd instantly get them to scrap 2 modes on raids and the same with the new "mythic" timewalker dungeons, they could keep LFR, but after that only 2 modes.., after that was done, full focus on FRESH non-duplicated content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firespark View Post
    6.2 has been out for barely 2 months and people are complaining about "content drought"?
    This is all I can think of too. I mean, if 2 months is way too long on content for someone, then WoW is just not the game for them. It never has been, nor will it be.
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2015-09-05 at 12:20 AM.