Poll: Abondon your home?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    You bet your sweet ass I would. The fam and I would be in Canada that afternoon. I have no military training and no desire to kill anybody, I'm not useful in a war zone. Protecting my family by getting the hell out of the way is the best I can do. So I'd do it.

I'd make my way to Switzerland

Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    My country is at a civil war and I'm leaving, so, uhm, yes.
    Hasn't it been going on for 40 years? FARK or whatever it's called.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    I'd make my way to Switzerland
    Pick Austria instead. EU, and gas prices are cheap as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Hasn't it been going on for 40 years? FARK or whatever it's called.
    Yes. It's a small scale war that hurts the civilian population the most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does no one ever try to seek refugee at the Vatican?

/scratcheshead
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    As an American, I have to stay and fight. Anything else would be just...I don't know what to say. Back in the late 18th century, A few settlers with guns and an unwillingness to move forced the unconditional surrender of the most powerful empire the world has ever seen, even to this day. Its in our constitution, the absolute final world in any American's lives. Its the whole reason why we are allowed to have guns. When you invade America, you don't just have to fight through the largest, most well funded, most advanced, best trained, and most dedicated military, you also have to fight around 300,000,000 people who are armed and would rather die than let you in their country. I'm proud to be a part of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    depends why we are at war, if i dont agree with the motivation for it i'm not going to stay and fight. If we're talking strictly a situation like syria, wasnt the country being run by a bunch of scumbags prior to the ISIS problem? i'd probably flee in that situation too tbh, not gonna fight a war on behalf of assholes against other assholes just because better the devil you know.
    Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I might. That hypothetical war is probably Russia attacking, again, and I wasn't in the army due to depression so I'm of little use. I guess I could participate in other ways, like driving equipment around or something? But then again, Russia isn't as hilariously incompetent in modern warfare when they first attacked during ww2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    As an American, I have to stay and fight. Anything else would be just...I don't know what to say. Back in the late 18th century, A few settlers with guns and an unwillingness to move forced the unconditional surrender of the most powerful empire the world has ever seen, even to this day. Its in our constitution, the absolute final world in any American's lives. Its the whole reason why we are allowed to have guns. When you invade America, you don't just have to fight through the largest, most well funded, most advanced, best trained, and most dedicated military, you also have to fight around 300,000,000 people who are armed and would rather die than let you in their country. I'm proud to be a part of that.
    You should stick with history, not with fiction and romance.

It would hard for Americans to justify their freedoms to themselves if we up and ran during a war on American Soil. Not everyone joins the Army but there is a reason that the American Mainland has never been invaded. Every time England tried to retake the "colonies" it ended badly for them.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Deleted
    No, never, RULE BRITANNIA!!!

2:52 Is amazing!
    Last edited by mmocc20ea40b41; 2015-09-05 at 03:24 PM.

No, that's illegal. I'd like to remain living here, so I couldn't do that.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

For the comparison to be fair (and this is to all you USA saying stay and fight).

Aggressor = US government with the full backing of the military vs all religious groups (catholic, baptist, mormon et al). Would you STILL stay. Would you back your religion or the government trying to wipe out the others ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Very idealistic, but...meh. There's a huge difference between the original Revolutionary War and any military action that we take today, where we're basically just throwing young people into meat grinders for the financial benefit of an elite few.

I would never give my life for any of the "causes" that we send young people off to die for today.
    That would be a foreign war. Like it or not, America may be attacked in the future. I'm not joining the military or anything, but in the event America is invaded, I WILL join the militia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    It would hard for Americans to justify their freedoms to themselves if we up and ran during a war on American Soil. Not everyone joins the Army but there is a reason that the American Mainland has never been invaded.
    Yeah, it's called geography lol

Every time England tried to retake the "colonies" it ended badly for them.
    cough cough cough

August 24, 1814.... rings a bell?

10+ Year Old Account
    i will never abandon my sin'dorei bretheren!
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oevaag View Post
    For the comparison to be fair (and this is to all you USA saying stay and fight).

Aggressor = US government with the full backing of the military vs all religious groups (catholic, baptist, mormon et al). Would you STILL stay. Would you back your religion or the government trying to wipe out the others ?
    No matter what I feel, America>Religion. If you feel like our government and your religion disagree and you would rather side with your religion, then you should leave. Not saying what my religion is, but rarely does it conflict with my government. Should it, I would put my personal feelings aside and still follow my government. We are a land where anyone is free to choose whatever religion they want, and to do so you are expected to put your religion aside so that all may be treated equally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    What you don't get is that the war in Syria is completely different than having one country invade another.

Syria is fragmented between half a dozen insane factions of varying levels of lunacy. It spiraled to the point where the Assad dictatorship is the sanest actor in the region.

Many many people are fleeing areas either taken over by ISIS or some other nutjob faction.

Another issue is the simple lack of basic resources, foodstuff, etc caused by the breakdown of all infrastructure.
    This basically, if it's a conventional war with conventional enemy, then probably not. But in case of Syria, Lybia or any other place where it is a pure chaos and the country gets torn apart by warbands of madmen who care only about raping and killing - I'd be the first to pack and board plane/boat/train/horse.

And yes, Assad is literally the only hope for any sort of decent rule in Syria, the world should help him, because if he falls then Syria will just be a permanent outpost of ISIS and other degenerates. His rule was a de-facto dictatorship, but at least there is order and people do not get executed because they wear wrong clothes or think wrong thoughts in a territory he controls.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2015-09-05 at 03:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i will never abandon my sin'dorei bretheren!
    I've seen you staring at that young draenei wench's tail the other day.