Thread: dark soul glyph

dark soul glyph

Is it useful at all on any fights in HFC as affliction. IF so what fights is it good to use on.

Quote Originally Posted by krytt29 View Post
    Is it useful at all on any fights in HFC as affliction. IF so what fights is it good to use on.
    Nope.

/10

7+ Year Old Account
    only really useful for demo and destro as you only need a short window to burst with Chaos Bolts and soulfires/doombolts

If 2pc was more reliable it would be useful, but as it is... don't use this glyph for affliction.

Deleted
    The only time i use this glyph for affliction is when i respec after being demo on Mannoroth and i forget to change the glyph... Would not reccommend!

I can probably challenge the above responses.

In almost all of the scenarios, the glyph is indeed bad. However, in some unusual scenarios it can be useful.

I played Affliction on Mythic Hellfire Assault yesterday (farm boss), where I used DS Glyph for priority targets, and I came out top DPS on a lot of priority targets. Of course, a lot will argue why play affliction on Hellfire Assault, which is a very valid argument, but to answer your question specifically, if you do decide to play affliction on that fight, then DS Glyph will yield best results on priority targets that are short/medium lived, which is what matters most in that fight.
    Last edited by Darkheart; 2015-09-09 at 09:28 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dark Soul glyph has more viability in PvP in my experience. Any window of opportunity when you can burst un-interrupted and without your target avoiding the incoming damage happens all too often; it's up to the player to recognize these opportunities. The glyph allows you to utilize these opportunistic windows more optimally.

Especially as Demonology.

#DemonologySuperiorSpec