Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Germany supports cutting EU funds to countries that refuse refugee quotas

http://www.businessinsider.com/afp-g...-quotas-2015-9

Berlin (AFP) - Germany said Tuesday it approves of using EU aid funds to pressure member states into accepting binding quotas to relocate 120,000 refugees, after several eastern countries refused the migrant distribution proposal.

"The negotiations situation is such that nothing happens to countries which refuse. We need to talk about ways of exerting pressure. These are often countries that receive a lot of structural funds from the European Union," German Interior Minister Thomas de Maiziere told ZDF.

European Commission president Jean-Claude Juncker "has suggested that we should look at whether these countries should get less structural funds, which I agree with," he added.

The comments came as the main border crossing point between Serbia and Hungary was closed to migrants.

Police figures showed meanwhile that on Monday, 9,380 people crossed into Hungary, smashing the previous record of 5,809 set on Sunday.

At least 13 migrants including four children trying to reach Greece drowned Tuesday when their boat from Turkey sank in international waters, local media reported.

Turkish coastguards rescued 205 migrants from the wooden boat which set off from Turkish holiday resort town of Datca in the southwest for the Greek island of Kos, the private Dogan news agency said. The nationalities of the migrants are not yet known.

Rescue efforts were still continuing, according to the news agency.

"Germany" doesn't support shit. Our shitty moron politicians want this. Fuck all of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who have been processed and listed as actual refugees, i see no problem with this. We all need to take our share since we all also benefit from the funds we obtain through solidarity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    People who have been processed and listed as actual refugees, i see no problem with this. We all need to take our share since we all also benefit from the funds we obtain through solidarity.
    Hmm... yes and how many of the 160.000, who are subject for distribution are actually refugees, who would be by law eligible for asylum?
    But there are many, who are only seeking refuge from the lower living standards in their home countries.
    Last edited by mmocdec169f0c2; 2015-09-16 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Lies View Post
    Hmm... yes and how many of the 160.000, who are subject for distribution are actually refugees?
    None.
    Once you are in Turkey you are not a refugee anymore.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well, that's the UK referendum on EU membership decided then, **** you Germany.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm... yes and how many of the 160.000, who are subject for distribution are actually refugees?
    We won't know until they are all processed, what is now taken place in most countries. I know mine is processing around 250 a day.

It is impossible to put an actual number on this without projecting some obvious bias, i don't even mind some economic immigrants as i know we need some in certain sectors to boost our economy without them we have a harder time maintaining our social economic structure due to an ever aging population.

Hmm... yes and how many of the 160.000, who are subject for distribution are actually refugees, who would be by law eligible for asylum?
    But there are many, who are only seeking refuge from the lower living standards in their home countries.
    Ye, it's weird as Germans include all immigrants to the quotas. They should share the refugees, but not the illegal ones.

There are literally no war refugees from Syria in Europe right now. The Schengen Area doesn't have a direct border with Syria, they have to go through Turkey.
    Once you are in Turkey, you are safe. The only reason to leave Turkey is to look for more money. And they openly admit it, they explain that there is not enough work in Turkey and the Turkish government doesn't provide them with a good enough standard of living.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    There are literally no war refugees from Syria in Europe right now. The Schengen Area doesn't have a direct border with Syria, they have to go through Turkey.
    Once you are in Turkey, you are safe. The only reason to leave Turkey is to look for more money. And they openly admit it, they explain that there is not enough work in Turkey and the Turkish government doesn't provide them with a good enough standard of living.
    Then we had to do what certain European political front runners were saying since before this crisis fully took place, we had to financially support humanitarian aid camps, we didn't this is the aftermath.

On top of that, there isn't any problem with them entering the EU after they have been processed and have the right documentation. Especially when occupying a profession that we need. Language is generally only a temporary barrier.

I really hope they will do it
    Those East EU countries will take it as Soviet regime returning from the West and this will bring the end of this madness. Merkell will fail with her United States of Europe plan, she already act like a dictator of it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    I really hope they will do it
    Those East EU countries will take it as Soviet regime returning from the West and this will bring the end of this madness. Merkell will fail with her United States of Europe plan, she already act like a dictator of it
    Last i checked the Sojvet union did not require policies to be voted on, did not financially aid weaker countries and even their sectors within such as agriculture but plundered the resources.

I wouldn't mind some eastern countries leaving, by left to their own devices against Russia aggressive market strategies and become weaker economically, since short term this would benefit us more.

Merkel is not stalin, Merkel still requires votes to pass anything from other countries as laid out before. Not sure who taught you anything about European politics and their structure but you are in desperate need of a new manual

Quote Originally Posted by Shaidlol View Post
    "Germany" doesn't support shit. Our shitty moron politicians want this. Fuck all of them.
    And i don't even know why the CDU is pushing this so much. The migrants will fight tooth and nails to stay here.
    It will be interesting to see what happens in those camps when they force them to go to those eastern countries they refused to register in when they were passing there...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    And i don't even know why the CDU is pushing this so much. The migrants will fight tooth and nails to stay here.
    It will be interesting to see what happens in those camps when they force them to go to those eastern countries they refused to register in when they were passing there...
    Their papers will be taken and they won't be allowed to register anywhere else even when they come back into the system, where they need papers of identification for they will be picked up and send back.

They'll probably try to come back once registered there but that won't take either, since you still need to have papers to work elsewhere in the EU also. So same story.

It will be a time consuming process but everything is. We have send people back before.

Deleted
    It is impossible to put an actual number on this without projecting some obvious bias, i don't even mind some economic immigrants as i know we need some in certain sectors to boost our economy without them we have a harder time maintaining our social economic structure due to an ever aging population.
    For that they should have the necessary skills, to actually compete in the Western European job-market.
    But lets see, what A.Nahles (SPD member in Germany) had to say about this:

It was also clear that despite all efforts, not all the refugees would find a job immediately . "People want to ," said the SPD politician , " they want to learn and they want to work . " But first evaluations of Early project intervention of the Federal Employment Agency ( BA ) have shown that not even one in ten refugee directly into work or education could be conveyed . " The Syrian doctor is not the norm ," Nahles said.

For them to be able to help maintaining the social economic structure, they have to be on the contributing side. But if a large % of them will also be dependent on the welfare system, this can only mean, that they are only deepening this problem.
    An economical immigrant should only be accepted, if he / she has a fighting chance, to compete in the job market.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    The "refugees" don't want to stay in eastern countries, so this "quota" is pretty much useless. It will be like this: people have to go to slovenia, they get there -> they flee back to germany and this will be a unending cycle of illegal activities. At the end we have refugees who crossed borders 2052505 times and get a guiness world record award.

Deleted
    Complete disregard for the countries ability to deal with it. As it stands in Sweden, we still have more than 10,000 people stuck in asylum facilities due to the housing situation. With this continued intake we're gonna have to build about 80,000 new places to live per year - just for refugees, then add in young people trying to find their own place. Not sustainable. We're gonna have to build a new stockholm every 5 years or so, that's not really going to happen. We don't have the resources for that.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Last i checked the Sojvet union did not require policies to be voted on, did not financially aid weaker countries and even their sectors within such as agriculture but plundered the resources.
    Actually they did, many members of the USSR benefitted greatly from membership it just wasn't the type of thing you heard about on BBC/FOX.

And the breakup of the USSR actually started with the Soviet Republic of Ukraine voting for independence from the USSR.

I wouldn't mind some eastern countries leaving, by left to their own devices against Russia aggressive market strategies and become weaker economically, since short term this would benefit us more.

Merkel is not stalin, Merkel still requires votes to pass anything from other countries as laid out before. Not sure who taught you anything about European politics and their structure but you are in desperate need of a new manual
    We all know your racism against East EU countries, you represented it will in the EU topic, no need to advertise it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    If every politician keeps handling this crisis so shitty we might actually build a wall here again.