Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Also a good advice regarding Glad stance and this forum in general is to never listen to Ryan Cailan Ebonheart. Luckily he is banned most of the time for spouting bullshit and being toxic.
    Anyone who has ever done prot for pvp can tell he's spouting BS.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huoyue View Post
    Anyone who has ever done prot for pvp can tell he's spouting BS.
    Anyone who's actually played this game could figure it out that what I say is true.

Playing Prot is just playing an inferior Rogue. The only advantages this class has over Rogues in PvP is higher single target sustained damage and cleave damage. When you decide to play Prot, you lose both of those advantages, and you lose MS/Rallying Cry support (Last Stand is garbage in PvP). In fact, everything that's good about this class in PvP is lost as soon as you decide to spec into Prot.

The only thing you gain from Prot is a shitty Banner and a worthless Dispell that other classes can spam anyway.

It shouldn't even be a debate at this point anymore. Every Warrior should be playing Arms in PvP because Arms is the only spec this class has that's good in PvP. I could go on for days why Fury is bad in PvP too but its not worth it when people on these forums don't like to accept reality that their least favorite spec is the best spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Anyone who's actually played this game could figure it out that what I say is true.

Playing Prot is just playing an inferior Rogue. The only advantages this class has over Rogues in PvP is higher single target sustained damage and cleave damage. When you decide to play Prot, you lose both of those advantages, and you lose MS/Rallying Cry support (Last Stand is garbage in PvP). In fact, everything that's good about this class in PvP is lost as soon as you decide to spec into Prot.

The only thing you gain from Prot is a shitty Banner and a worthless Dispell that other classes can spam anyway.

It shouldn't even be a debate at this point anymore. Every Warrior should be playing Arms in PvP because Arms is the only spec this class has that's good in PvP. I could go on for days why Fury is bad in PvP too but its not worth it when people on these forums don't like to accept reality that their least favorite spec is the best spec.
    I'm curious, do you think it's possible that someone would want to play a class and spec, not because it's the best but simply because they enjoy it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydri View Post
    I'm curious, do you think it's possible that someone would want to play a class and spec, not because it's the best but simply because they enjoy it?
    You're the same guy parroting nonsense about lol Crit being the best stat for Prot. Crit is the best stat for no class or spec in this game. You didn't even know that Accolade trinkets that have Bonus Armor exist and made a dumb argument about how useless bonus armor is. Jesus.

I mean what I don't understand about people like you is that you'll spend hours on these forums arguing for stat optimization for a non optimized spec. It's like why don't you just go all the way and play the best spec?

There's nothing worse for me than people that play bad specs and try so hard with them always trying to "prove" something. These people I define as "scrubs." They're the most disrespectful people in the game because they have this hidden super inflated ego that they think they have the audacity to play bad specs in a competitive environment filled with people playing the best possible specs/stats to maximize their performance.

It's like who the fuck do you think you are? This whole "I play Prot because is fun" is a bunch of bullshit because you Prot idiots spend all day on the forums spamming bullshit on how "amazing" your shitty spec is while trying to optimize it as much as possible. How is that just "playing for fun" again?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    told y´all, dont listen to ryan. he is mad and toxic.
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

You're the same guy parroting nonsense about lol Crit being the best stat for Prot. Crit is the best stat for no class or spec in this game. You didn't even know that Accolade trinkets that have Bonus Armor exist and made a dumb argument about how useless bonus armor is. Jesus.

I mean what I don't understand about people like you is that you'll spend hours on these forums arguing for stat optimization for a non optimized spec. It's like why don't you just go all the way and play the best spec?

There's nothing worse for me than people that play bad specs and try so hard with them always trying to "prove" something. These people I define as "scrubs." They're the most disrespectful people in the game because they have this hidden super inflated ego that they think they have the audacity to play bad specs in a competitive environment filled with people playing the best possible specs/stats to maximize their performance.

It's like who the fuck do you think you are? This whole "I play Prot because is fun" is a bunch of bullshit because you Prot idiots spend all day on the forums spamming bullshit on how "amazing" your shitty spec is while trying to optimize it as much as possible. How is that just "playing for fun" again?
    Fun is a pretty subjective term, it's a game after all and not a career or a business, nor are we discussing world first level PVE progression or MLG level PVP. People pick up Prot/Glad and they think "Wow this is cool, having a blast I'm gonna stick with it". If we all had your approach then we would all reroll mage, because obviously when the best Warriors in the world are coming in 40k dps behind their Arcane mage then clearly they should stop being scrubs and reroll?

It doesn't work like that, people play the game for enjoyment and try to be the best at what they enjoy, that is why there are people out there playing suboptimal specs and still performing well. I pose the question to you "who the fuck do you think you are?" to tell people how they should enjoy their game, and how they should persue the development of their hobby?

By all means chip in if you have something constructive to say. But don't just jump in and get mad at people before spraying shit all over the place.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-09-23 at 05:46 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    told y´all, dont listen to ryan. he is mad and toxic.
    You're right, I should have listened to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Fun is a pretty subjective term, it's a game after all and not a career or a business, nor are we discussing world first level PVE progression or MLG level PVP. People pick up Prot/Glad and they think "Wow this is cool, having a blast I'm gonna stick with it". If we all had your approach then we would all reroll mage, because obviously when the best Warriors in the world are coming in 40k dps behind their Arcane mage then clearly they should stop being scrubs and reroll?
    You don't understand the difference between "competitive" and "Tournament play." Arms Warriors in PvP are competitive but are replaced by Rogues in Tournament play. Tournament play is reserved for the top .001% of players that participate in PvP. I'm not talking in that extreme, I'm simply asserting a fact that if you're someone that is playing to win, you should always play what is at least competitive.

Prot Warriors are not a competitive pvp spec. It's a spec that's completely meant 100% for PvE.

It doesn't work like that, people play the game for enjoyment and try to be the best at what they enjoy, that is why there are people out there playing suboptimal specs and still performing well. I pose the question to you "who the fuck do you think you are?" to tell people how they should enjoy their game, and how they should persue the development of their hobby?

Why don't people play with sub optimal stats but play with sub optimal specs? It doesn't make sense to me. I mean could I get away with playing Haste Arms and you wouldn't have a problem with me after I told you that "I like Haste because its fun."? Come on, really now?

I mean its funny how this entire game is centered around playing what is optimal and even the community is so driven based on stats and line graphs that its impossible for anyone with a brain to deliberately play something they know is inferior. Yes, Prot is inferior to Arms in PvP no matter how much fools that waste their time dedicating themselves to a dead end spec that's not meant for PvP. I really don't care if people enjoy Prot because I have every right to tell them how dumb they are for playing it while I state facts as to why Arms is better.

It's the same as when people play with bad talents and people call them out on it yet somehow that is okay yet with bad specs its "not right" to call out someone for playing a proven bad spec.

Nobody has challenged me in this thread as to what makes Prot so much better than Arms or even tried to refute my Combat Rogue comparison argument. The only thing some of you have told me is the stupid "it 4 fun" argument that doesn't hold water when you people spend hours on these forums taking the game more seriously than the average casual player. All while doing that, you spend time damage controlling your favorite garbage spec like its some political agenda or something.

Unlike some of you, I actually play this game instead of spending hours acting like a hall monitor on a forum site. This is why I know what I'm talking about because I've actually played and spent a considerable amount of time on all 3 specs for this class, DK's, and Rogues in PvP. Maybe if some of you actually played this game for yourselves instead of reading shitty guides written by stupid scrubs filled with misinformation like this tripe you'd actually be able to understand my point of view.

Stop reading guides, stop listening to random forum people that have zero credibility like that Sydri clown and stop immediately taking something as a "fact" from something that you've read online. When a mass group of people do not follow these rules it leads to what we've had all throughout WoD expansion with retarded male human/male orc Prot Warriors coming out of the woodwork fooling people that are either to naive or stupid to know better to waste time playing a proven dead spec that is Prot.

For anyone lurking in this thread and has been fooled by randoms spreading lies about how "great" Prot is should read my posts in this thread for some enlightenment. Stop reading shit from idiots that say "I get 90k Shield Slams back to back" or "Prot has great burst you just need to time it right." These idiots use very rare and obscure moments to fool a naive person into thinking that "Prot is viable, its just takes time to master."

Do not be deceived.

You're comparing gearing stats suboptimally to the difference between playstyles? You can't understand that that makes no sense at all? Stats have little influence over how you play, spec completely defines how you play. You just wrote a book to once again show how mad you are that people are having fun playing the spec they enjoy?

You didn't even read my post to get my point, if you did then you certainly didn't understand it. You're getting mad at people for not playing the best spec? And yet there are plenty of Prot Warriors over 2k rating, absolute majority of people playing WoW cannot reach 2k rating no matter what spec or class they play, so why do you care that they are going to play a spec that will maybe cap off at 2.5k rating when they are playing at 1600?

At 1600 rating Prot is good, when I played tripple tank (Prot, Brewmaster, Frost DK) earlier in the expansion I was having a complete blast and we won the majority of games we played, we steamrolled our way up through the ratings. The same point of ratings that most people are playing at.

Ultimately you're a player with no experience in PVP and very little clue about the class, a sub 1500 player who has no grounds for saying anything that you're saying, maybe the problem is just yourself? While you're complaining about your struggles as Prot and getting mad at others for trying there are people playing in the 2-2.5k rating with Protection Warrior.

Unlike some of you, I actually play this game instead of spending hours acting like a hall monitor on a forum site. This is why I know what I'm talking about because I've actually played and spent a considerable amount of time on all 3 specs for this class, DK's, and Rogues in PvP.
    That's not what your armory suggests, it suggests you're a player who has never had any success in arena beyond a 2v2 1750 achievement you earned 5 years ago, no 3v3 experience, no 5v5 and no rated battlegrounds, It appears the only Warrior PVP experience you have is via non-rated battlegrounds, while in PVE you have no time relevant experience at all.

By all accounts this statement you have made here is completely false, you have no PVP or PVE experience relevant to this expansion, and barely any at all over the entire history of your character. My PVP history is not a standout one either, but at least I'm not full of shit.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-09-24 at 02:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're comparing gearing stats suboptimally to the difference between playstyles? You can't understand that that makes no sense at all? Stats have little influence over how you play, spec completely defines how you play. You just wrote a book to once again show how mad you are that people are having fun playing the spec they enjoy?
    It's a valid comparison because stats decide how the spec is going to feel as well as which talents are going to be more viable. They do impact the playstyle. But you wouldn't know that because you don't actually play this game.

You didn't even read my post to get my point, if you did then you certainly didn't understand it. You're getting mad at people for not playing the best spec? And yet there are plenty of Prot Warriors over 2k rating, absolute majority of people playing WoW cannot reach 2k rating no matter what spec or class they play, so why do you care that they are going to play a spec that will maybe cap off at 2.5k rating when they are playing at 1600?

At 1600 rating Prot is good, when I played tripple tank (Prot, Brewmaster, Frost DK) earlier in the expansion I was having a complete blast and we won the majority of games we played, we steamrolled our way up through the ratings. The same point of ratings that most people are playing at.

Ultimately you're a player with no experience in PVP and very little clue about the class, a sub 1500 player who has no grounds for saying anything that you're saying, maybe the problem is just yourself? While you're complaining about your struggles as Prot and getting mad at others for trying there are people playing in the 2-2.5k rating with Protection Warrior.
    Let tell you something because this is long overdue for clowns like you and the rest of these people here. 2k does not matter. In fact, anyone who is not a Glad or a Rank 1 does not matter. Why? Because this game is so noncompetitive that just grinding the ladder will net anyone with a free 2k rating. Getting to Gladiator is the only real accomplishment that matters but at the same time its all politics and not actual skill to get up there anyway.

As far as I'm concerned, if you aren't at least a Gladiator in PvP, then you're no better than the 1500 players.

This class doesn't even take any skill because any monkey can get 2k as a Warrior or even Gladiator. I mean when you have trash players like Bajheera that get Glad on Warrior every season, it just reflects how braindead and easy this class is. Everything about this class in PvP is all about tunneling a target, mashing a pve rotation and having actual good players carry what your braindead class can't do.

This is why I don't push rating or care to. Once I get to around 1700 through conquest points, I just don't care about gaining rating because

A) This class is demoralizing when you know no matter how well you play, you're at the mercy of how good your healer is. This class has no tools, no mechanics or anything that separates good players from bad or decent. All of those things were taken away a long time ago. Now skilled classes like Rogues/Mages/Druids are actually worth playing for a skilled player because you can always do better with them. Not with this class though, this class is all about how well you can manage your mindless damage rotation. Don't forget to tunnel vision.

B) Dealing with idiots in this game. I don't want to talk to these PC weirdos on Skype because every time I do, it always ends up in a fight because one idiot doesn't listen to me or thinks he's better than me or whatever. I don't have a problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.

C) Nobody is committed with rating except for the people that are in already established teams. I'll play with people and then when its over they're like "later" but that "later" never comes. It's a constant assembly line over at the LFG system where you find somewhat decent people in the sea of shitty people that pretend to be 2k (as if that even matters). This problem really reflects how the average person that plays this game really doesn't give a shit about arena Rating because the average person understands how dumb and flawed the system is.

D) Rating won't make me any better or change how I see the dumb system that it is. Anyone can get high ratings in this dead noncompetitive game because there's such a small pool of people playing it that its worthless. It's like trying to be good at Checkers when all of the real professional people play Chess. I can guarantee anyone here that if this game had real competition tomorrow, all of these current Rank 1 players would be struggling to reach Duelist. The real good players are over in games like DoTa, CS, League, Marvel, Smash, CoD, SF, Halo, while the frauds all stay here and prey on people they know they can beat.

E)
    Rated BG's suck and require zero skill to play so its better to have no rating in that than to have the highest rating. Getting the highest rating in RBG's just means you cheated because again there's no real competition in this game so everyone at the top are buddies and wintrade. The actual gameplay in RBG's is just stacking a bunch of idiots to mindlessly smash PvE rotations.

That's it. The hardest part about getting rating in RBG's isn't the game itself, but about getting and coordinating 9 other monkeys to actually commit as a team and push through losses. If you can't past that, then you're stuck at 1700 with the rest of the people that hopelessly spam the LFG assembly line.

That's not what your armory suggests, it suggests you're a player who has never had any success in arena beyond a 2v2 1750 achievement you earned 5 years ago, no 3v3 experience, no 5v5 and no rated battlegrounds, It appears the only Warrior PVP experience you have is via non-rated battlegrounds, while in PVE you have no time relevant experience at all.

By all accounts this statement you have made here is completely false, you have no PVP or PVE experience relevant to this expansion, and barely any at all over the entire history of your character. My PVP history is not a standout one either, but at least I'm not full of shit.
    The funny thing is that if I really wanted to I could get those "high ratings" that you idiots care so much deeply about. You people parrot around achievements in this game like they're some kind of badge of honor when in reality they're worthless. I mean there's people that still click their abilities like its still 2005(lol wow) and they're over 2K. I'm not kidding and you idiots here actually think that it matters. It's just the same with the other clowns that feel that 30 waves is a "challenge" and takes skill. Or the idiots that think the brawlers guild max rank is skill. It's not, none of it is skill.

I bet any of you that if I really wanted, I could get 2k or even more this season or any season prior if I really cared. But I won't care, and I never will care and even if I did achieve those ratings, I wouldn't sit on here like you losers do and play Hall Monitor on a forum site.

And yet after all of this, you losers that claim to be good and play shitty specs like Prot STILL have not argued against my argument that Prot sucks and is a waste of time. Deflecting my argument with my "shitty attitude" or ratings won't work because they are irrelevant to the discussion.

The funny thing is, if I really wanted I could be a Formula 1 driver.. I mean of course I have done nothing that shows I could do that, but those are meaningless details anyway. Now let me just finish this novel on why everyone sucks.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-09-25 at 05:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The funny thing is, if I really wanted I could be a Formula 1 driver.. I mean of course I have done nothing that shows I could do that, but those are meaningless details anyway. Now let me just finish this novel on why everyone sucks.
    Formula 1 is a real dangerous sport where real men like Hamilton compete against other real men for the glory of being crowned the best Formula 1 racer of the year. WoW is nothing compared to that because WoW is a video game filled with random nobodies in their houses on their computer playing a game. You see the difference?

I bet any of you that I can get 2k this season on both my Warrior and DK. You want to bet? Because I can. Not money but stakes. Maybe something along the lines that if I fail, I won't post in this section or maybe the entire forum again.

After I get 2k, I won't even talk about it or mention it. I'll just continue to do what I always do because rating doesn't change my attitude with this class or the game itself.

Formula 1 is a real dangerous sport where real men like Hamilton compete against other real men for the glory of being crowned the best Formula 1 racer of the year. WoW is nothing compared to that because WoW is a video game filled with random nobodies in their houses on their computer playing a game. You see the difference?

I bet any of you that I can get 2k this season on both my Warrior and DK. You want to bet? Because I can. Not money but stakes. Maybe something along the lines that if I fail, I won't post in this section or maybe the entire forum again.

After I get 2k, I won't even talk about it or mention it. I'll just continue to do what I always do because rating doesn't change my attitude with this class or the game itself.
    Go for it. Of course considering you're (by your own admission) playing so much it's amazing that you have never achieved anything against any skilled players during the entire time you have played the game, but sure go out and prove yourself. 2k rating in either 3v3 or Rated Battlegrounds, of course 2k is not really any indicator other than to show you're a generally skilled PVP enthusiast who plays with other generally skilled PVP enthusiasts.

Considering there are 2.5k rated Prot Warriors, given your line of thought in this thread I don't think "reaching" 2k (which granted is far beyond anything you have done so far) is going to prove anything.. And even if it did it still doesn't change the irrelevance of your opinion in the grand scheme.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go for it. Of course considering you're (by your own admission) playing so much it's amazing that you have never achieved anything against any skilled players during the entire time you have played the game, but sure go out and prove yourself. 2k rating in either 3v3 or Rated Battlegrounds, of course 2k is not really any indicator other than to show you're a generally skilled PVP enthusiast who plays with other generally skilled PVP enthusiasts.

Considering there are 2.5k rated Prot Warriors, given your line of thought in this thread I don't think "reaching" 2k (which granted is far beyond anything you have done so far) is going to prove anything.. And even if it did it still doesn't change the irrelevance of your opinion in the grand scheme.
    There's one 2.5k rated Prot Warrior. One out of 400 Arms Warriors. The one Prot Warrior supposedly has a reflect bot anyway. It it means is that he has really nice team mates that are willing to carry the extra dead weight. Rank 1 is all politics remember? You could play almost anything and as long as you have really nice people that are able to carry you, you'll do well regardless of whatever spec you are. Just shows how dead competitive wise this game is because if this was a real competitive game, you wouldn't even see DK's/Monks/Hunters at Glad range.

I'll reach 2k in 2's not 3's. I'm not playing 3's. It's harder to reach 2k in 2's anyway. You wouldn't know that though.

This is so beneath me too. I really don't care about the ratings or whatever. It'll be done just so you clowns can find something else to antagonize me for.

There's one 2.5k rated Prot Warrior. One out of 400 Arms Warriors. The one Prot Warrior supposedly has a reflect bot anyway. It it means is that he has really nice team mates that are willing to carry the extra dead weight. Rank 1 is all politics remember? You could play almost anything and as long as you have really nice people that are able to carry you, you'll do well regardless of whatever spec you are. Just shows how dead competitive wise this game is because if this was a real competitive game, you wouldn't even see DK's/Monks/Hunters at Glad range.

I'll reach 2k in 2's not 3's. I'm not playing 3's. It's harder to reach 2k in 2's anyway. You wouldn't know that though.

This is so beneath me too. I really don't care about the ratings or whatever. It'll be done just so you clowns can find something else to antagonize me for.
    Stop talking rubbish, you've been 1750 in 2s in 2010 and you have never been above 1500 in 3s, you've never done anything in rated PVP to have a single clue what you're talking about. You have no grounds to say these things, you've never wondered why people think you're a joke? It's because you run around thinking you're Mr Olympia because you went to the gym once.

Either way, 2v2 doesn't say anything in this day, you go 3v3 in arena or nobody takes you seriously (Blizzard even agrees).
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-09-25 at 07:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop talking rubbish, you've been 1750 in 2s in 2010 and you have never been above 1500 in 3s, you've never done anything in rated PVP to have a single clue what you're talking about. You have no grounds to say these things, you've never wondered why people think you're a joke? It's because you run around thinking you're Mr Olympia because you went to the gym once.

Either way, 2v2 doesn't say anything in this day, you go 3v3 in arena or nobody takes you seriously (Blizzard even agrees).
    I said 2's not 3's. You're not forcing me to do that shit. And as the victor of this thread, I set the terms.

Blizzard doesn't even take PvP seriously. They don't even care about 3's. If they did balance this game around 3's brainless melee teams wouldn't exist. In fact, anyone who plays any of these scum comps like Turbo, TSG should deduct their rating by 500 points.

If they gave this games pvp any kind of attention it would actually be competitive and 3.5k rating would be considered an "average" rating while 5k would be rank 1.

I said 2's not 3's. You're not forcing me to do that shit. And as the victor of this thread, I set the terms.

Blizzard doesn't even take PvP seriously. They don't even care about 3's. If they did balance this game around 3's brainless melee teams wouldn't exist. In fact, anyone who plays any of these scum comps like Turbo, TSG should deduct their rating by 500 points.

If they gave this games pvp any kind of attention it would actually be competitive and 3.5k rating would be considered an "average" rating while 5k would be rank 1.
    You're like North Korea personified

10+ Year Old Account
    You're like North Korea personified
    What does that even mean? I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What does that even mean? I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    I will use that as a new signature. It sums up your personality perfectly.
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

I will use that as a new signature. It sums up your personality perfectly.
    It's a troll being fed, what did you expect?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg