Commendation changes in the Expansion

Originally Posted by SWTOR
    Hey folks,

I wanted to let you know about what changes are coming to Commendations in Fallen Empire, this way you can plan accordingly. Simply put, only the names of some existing Commendations are changing. There are no conversion rates or anything this time around.

Basic Commendations will now be called Common Data Crystals
    Elite Commendations will now be called Glowing Data Crystals
    Ultimate Commendations will now be called Radiant Data Crystals
    All other Commendation names remain the same.
    Again, there are no conversion rates pre/post Fallen Empire.

Thanks!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...22#edit8457322

Looks like you can just keep your comms maxed out. No conversion happening other than name. No fear of losing comms or having to many.
    Last edited by quras; 2015-09-23 at 01:52 AM.

Jesus, they're redoing coms again? This is what, the third time now? >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Jesus, they're redoing coms again? This is what, the third time now? >.>
    At a minimum.

I'm just glad it's not some conversion going on like they have done in the past. What comms you have is what you will go into the new expansion with. Just under new names.

Time to start maxing outs some comms on alts.

To the grinding of the coms! I had kinda held back recently because I didn't know if they'd be converted or not. Now I know!

I wonder though, why they are changing the name of the various coms? Seems like a random change or a "change for the sake of change" kinda thing.

Deleted
    They seem to be changing so many things with this patch!As if they suddenly woke up from inactivity and now they need to compensate.Still this change looks far less annyoing than some of the rest they propose...It won't affect us really.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I know I can transfer Warzone Commendations via the Legacy Marks, but is there a way to transfer Basic Comms?

I ask because my Shadow is maxed out, but my 50 Sentinel could benefit from getting some better gear...and I used up most of her Basic Comms getting half-way geared.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    So I know I can transfer Warzone Commendations via the Legacy Marks, but is there a way to transfer Basic Comms?

I ask because my Shadow is maxed out, but my 50 Sentinel could benefit from getting some better gear...and I used up most of her Basic Comms getting half-way geared.
    There is but you may have to google it. I know I have heard people talk about buying a legacy item or something. Putting it in the legacy bank. Logging in the toon that needs to comms and selling it back before them before the timer ends. Getting comms back for the return.

I am not 100% sure on all that but I know I have heard people talk about doing it to move comms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting. Thanks!