Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    the recent abortion thread got me thinking..

is it considered murder (first,second,third degree w/e) when you cause the death of a fetus inside a woman's womb, a fetus that may have however still been legally aborted by the woman, but without causing any bodily harm to the woman herself, except suffering a miscarriage of course.

legally speaking and from a moral point of view

what do you think, mmo-champs?

It's not uncommon for someone who murders a pregnant woman to be charged with 2 counts of murder

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    It's not uncommon for someone who murders a pregnant woman to be charged with 2 counts of murder
    pretty ridicilous if you ask me

It varies state to state. There are laws on the books for "fetacide".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feticide

pretty ridicilous if you ask me
    Say that to the father who just lost his wife and child

Deleted
    Say that to the father who just lost his wife and child
    if it ain't murder when the mother does it herself, it ain't murder when anyone else does it

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Yes, there are. Scott Peterson was given First Degree murder of his wife and Second Degree murder of the baby she was carrying. But I don't know what would happen if the mother was unharmed, yet the baby was intentionally killed.
    But the difference is, OP is asking about a baby that could still be legally aborted (first trimester), in Scott Peterson's case the baby was full term.
    Last edited by xero5141; 2015-09-23 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Yep, infant was full term.
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

so wether it is murder or not is decided by the woman's whim?

that sounds pretty messed up to me

stop deleting your posts jeez
    Pretty much, but it is somehow still a patriarchy.

if it ain't murder when the mother does it herself, it ain't murder when anyone else does it
    that's like saying it aint stealing if the owner takes their car somewhere else

It's messed up if she didn't have plans to abort the baby.
    So it is messed up if they were not going to abort but not messed up if they were? That holds about as much merit to me as saying that murder is okay because the person was going to die anyway. Be glad your parents decided your life had more value than whatever plans they may or may not have had for you.

Deleted
    Legally speaking: It is not where I live. Which is why you are also not charged with two counts of murder when you kill a woman in (early) pregnancy. It's a different offence.
    Morally speaking: No, I don't think so. I don't consider abortion murder - so in this case it logically can't be murder either. That said, it obviously is still wrong and needs to be punished.

Deleted
    that's like saying it aint stealing if the owner takes their car somewhere else
    you're missing the point bro

if it can be legally aborted that means it's life/value/w/e is worth jack squat and can't be murder, because murder is illegal

why does it become murder when someone else does it instead of the mother? it's assault at best

something that's not considered a murder can't just become a murder because someone else does it, evidently women can't murder their fetuses because that would be illegal.

for stealing it's different, because if you own something you can't steal it yourself, but if someone steals it.. well then he steals it and it becomes theft.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2015-09-23 at 02:37 PM.

So it's not murder to get an abortion because the fetus isn't alive yet. But it is murder if someone slips a pill into the woman's drink because they killed a fetus.

15+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the case and the judge. Some have been charged with murder of the fetus, but that mostly only happens if the mother was murdered, and most of the rest of the time it's assault
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I don't think they had abortions in Germany in 1985... but even if they did, my mum isn't that type of person.
    Which, as I said, is fortunate. It just boggles my mind that nobody seems to see an issue with being "that type of person."

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    What is with all the abortion shit on here lately. No, it's not murder it's a fetus.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I think in the US you are charged with murder for killing a fetus.
    This is true. But also a good example of the level of our hypocrisy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    This is true. But also a good example of the level of our hypocrisy.
    yes and it's very obvious at that

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course it is because abortion is murder.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes yes, but if a woman 'kills' it it's clearly not murder

the question is

if someone else kills it, is it now suddenly murder? and if so, isn't that pretty messed up?
    If I kill you, I go to prison for murder.
    If the authorities execute you for something, it's not murder.

What's that mean?
    Circumstance...
    There's - in your op case - the obvious difference between a planned abortion, and a deliberate abortion without consent of the mother.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    If I kill you, I go to prison for murder.
    If the authorities execute you for something, it's not murder.

What's that mean?
    Circumstance...
    There's - in your op case - the obvious difference between a planned abortion, and a deliberate abortion without consent of the mother.
    if authorities execute somebody it's murder in my book so there's that, just less bad if it's a real scumbag they're executing, but I'm generally very much against the death penalty

anyway circumstance is important you're right, but when it's impossible for abortion to be considered murder (which it is, otherwise it'd be outlawed) it can't just magically become murder anyway if the woman is forced to do it, it's assault at best