How did you beat the Dark Summoner?

I wanted to add Meatball to my followers so I started working on my Brawler's Guild rank, I got Meatball and decided to keep going got all the way to the Dark Summoner and hit a brickwall or should say a spirit wall.

I have been trying to beat this dang thing for two days now, tried with BM but if I don't get the light thing on the spirits just right the pet dies, by the time I res it I have a lot more spirits to deal with. Their range is so so big that if you get 3 or more spawned you have little room to maneuver.

I also have been trying with MM and using exotic munitions with frozen arrow to slow down the spirits but can't seem to burst them down fast enough to do sufficient DPS on the boss and again if I don't light them up or a second one gets to close to the pet it dies.

Aside from massive RNG some of these fights like this one for example require are there any other strategies any of you have employed to make this doable?

Thanks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey there. No need for exotic munitions, you can use concussive shot and ice trap for slows. I'd go lone wolf instead for the higher burst. Make sure to prepot so you can kill the ghost more easily. Use binding shot as well on ghosts. Not sure if powershot or explosive trap knockback works, but if they do I would use those too. Use your second pot when you can kill boss and pop stamp ring RF etc. Haven't killed the guy in a long time, sorry if I got something wrong. Hope this helps and let me know if you have more questions.

EDIT: Oh, almost forgot, use a lust pet at the start, lust quickly and then dismiss your pet so you can get lone wolf buff. That with prepot, flasks, 125 food, and the best best gems and enchants should boost your damage a nice amount.
    Last edited by Tekslol; 2015-09-25 at 10:45 PM.
    http://re-lapse.enjin.com/
    Fri Sat 9PM-1AM EST
    13/13M
    US #1 Weekend Guild
    If you have what it takes, apply.

No need to burst down ghosts. Move around to force all ghosts to come from the same direction, then stop all of them with your flashlight. The key is to know how to move so no ghost can approach you from your side or back.

I only killed ghosts to dissipate the summoner's protection, then burst him down. And I did it as Lone Wolf MM, BTW, no need of exotic munitions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Priority during the entire fight is to make sure a ghost does not touch you, and you should be able to kill the ghosts really fast, try and keep them grouped with the flashlight and barrage +chimera shot them down. Save your cd's / pots for when the summoner's protection goes down. Also you can buy Drums of Fury from a LW or the AH for bloodlust. I was MM with direbeast, stampede, exotic munitions (poision) and I beat it my first try. Also you can always snare/root ghosts, so binding shot is useful if you really need to use it.

http://www.wowhead.com/guides/world-...-dark-summoner guide I used.

15+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I can suggest if you are having trouble is to get better gear. That is usually what helps me when I am doing Brawler's Guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekslol View Post
    Hey there. No need for exotic munitions, you can use concussive shot and ice trap for slows. I'd go lone wolf instead for the higher burst. Make sure to prepot so you can kill the ghost more easily. Use binding shot as well on ghosts. Not sure if powershot or explosive trap knockback works, but if they do I would use those too. Use your second pot when you can kill boss and pop stamp ring RF etc. Haven't killed the guy in a long time, sorry if I got something wrong. Hope this helps and let me know if you have more questions.

EDIT: Oh, almost forgot, use a lust pet at the start, lust quickly and then dismiss your pet so you can get lone wolf buff. That with prepot, flasks, 125 food, and the best best gems and enchants should boost your damage a nice amount.
    You do realize that only bm has lust pets and with bm you cant usd lone wolf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dicmonger View Post
    Are you playing a hunter? Nether Rays have Bloodlust and they aren't exotic pet..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dicmonger View Post
    No, any hunter spec can use bloodlust pet.
    http://re-lapse.enjin.com/
    Fri Sat 9PM-1AM EST
    13/13M
    US #1 Weekend Guild
    If you have what it takes, apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustardisbad View Post
    Priority during the entire fight is to make sure a ghost does not touch you, and you should be able to kill the ghosts really fast, try and keep them grouped with the flashlight and barrage +chimera shot them down. Save your cd's / pots for when the summoner's protection goes down. Also you can buy Drums of Fury from a LW or the AH for bloodlust. I was MM with direbeast, stampede, exotic munitions (poision) and I beat it my first try. Also you can always snare/root ghosts, so binding shot is useful if you really need to use it.

http://www.wowhead.com/guides/world-...-dark-summoner guide I used.
    I finally got it, I used the pots, flask, food, the rune thing you get from raid bosses, and went with a dog for the agility pet buff and used your method grouped them and knocked them down quick and was able to put some heavy dps on the summoner in surges.

I used the same buffs approach on Battletron got him my second try, I am now on Ahoo'ru trying to do it with Lone Wolf, in fact I don't think it is even possible with a pet, this one is going to take a lot of patience and a whole lot of RNG.

Thanks all for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    I finally got it, I used the pots, flask, food, the rune thing you get from raid bosses, and went with a dog for the agility pet buff and used your method grouped them and knocked them down quick and was able to put some heavy dps on the summoner in surges.

I used the same buffs approach on Battletron got him my second try, I am now on Ahoo'ru trying to do it with Lone Wolf, in fact I don't think it is even possible with a pet, this one is going to take a lot of patience and a whole lot of RNG.

Thanks all for your help.
    I did Ahoo'ru with Lone Wolf, but it was quite hard. You need to do the three angels thing perfectly. If you lose even one angel or take too long, just Feign Death to end the fight and try again.

Heard some people use pets in this fight in the following way: They leave the in the mid of the arena (where Ahoo'ru is) in Passive mode. When the angel comes, you Misdirect your aggro to the pet and kill the angel, so you don't need to leave the corners of the arena (where it's safe), because the angel will target the pet and charge it, thus ensuring it damages Ahoo'ru's shield.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I did Ahoo'ru with Lone Wolf, but it was quite hard. You need to do the three angels thing perfectly. If you lose even one angel or take too long, just Feign Death to end the fight and try again.

Heard some people use pets in this fight in the following way: They leave the in the mid of the arena (where Ahoo'ru is) in Passive mode. When the angel comes, you Misdirect your aggro to the pet and kill the angel, so you don't need to leave the corners of the arena (where it's safe), because the angel will target the pet and charge it, thus ensuring it damages Ahoo'ru's shield.
    That is not a bad idea provided the pet does not take damage during the angel charge, or when you res the pet it stays/goes where you told it to stay, I might have to experiment with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    That is not a bad idea provided the pet does not take damage during the angel charge, or when you res the pet it stays/goes where you told it to stay, I might have to experiment with that.
    I beat him with the pet as well. I had my pet commanded to Stay in the center on him, and MDed angels to it. When an angel was about to charge my pet, I used the Move To command to position the pet so that the angel would collide with Ahooru. Positioning will take some practice, but it's certainly doable.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    That fight was bullshit because ghosts wouldn't even be near me and I'd die. I had to do that fight so many times before I finally got it.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    That fight was bullshit because ghosts wouldn't even be near me and I'd die. I had to do that fight so many times before I finally got it.
    It is buggy as hell, I have had the angels during charge phase run around and run through him and hit he me or stop just short of him, fall on the floor and die.