Thread: Undertale

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Fight back!

With all the determination you can muster!

Don't give up!

While the final fight in the pacifist ending was more emotional to me, goddamn if the Flowey fight at the end of the neutral ending is so well done. What with how the game closes and whatnot when you die.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    While the final fight in the pacifist ending was more emotional to me, goddamn if the Flowey fight at the end of the neutral ending is so well done. What with how the game closes and whatnot when you die.
    Yeah and how he can reload where he wants was cool as well. I noticed he was missing when I reset and restarted. Flowey gone for good now?
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    If you guys liked Undertale you should definately try OFF. Its a little (well alot more - like flowey EX) psychodelic but definately worth a try.

The fight with Flowey in the evil run is better.

Don't you just mercilessly murder flowey with no pomp or circumstance immediately upon him asking you not to kill him? I can't seem to find a video of that fight on that run except for the fight with Sans .

I can't bring myself to play another time and do a genocide route after getting the true pacifist ending. THEY'RE ALL SO HAPPY IN THE END I JUST CAN'T DO IT YOU CAN'T MAKE ME NOOOOOOO.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2015-10-17 at 01:30 AM.

I just got the game, I've made it up to Snowdin town and now I'm taking a little break.

Having watched someone else play the game and they killed Toriel, I felt really satisfied if not a bit bittersweet that I managed to save her, that last hug is sweet and sad at the same time

Without ruining it, let's just say it get's [I]way[/I] more emotional if you follow through with the pacifist True Ending.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Don't you just mercilessly murder flowey with no pomp or circumstance immediately upon him asking you not to kill him? I can't seem to find a video of that fight on that run except for the fight with Sans .

I can't bring myself to play another time and do a genocide route after getting the true pacifist ending. THEY'RE ALL SO HAPPY IN THE END I JUST CAN'T DO IT YOU CAN'T MAKE ME NOOOOOOO.
    This is kinda the point of the game. Are you curious enough to go against your judgement and do the genoicide run just to see what happens ? Because the way the game goes, the only "good" thing to do after true pacifist ending (and i mean one without earlier genocide run) is to shut it down and never launch again.

Genocide is quite painful to play through, but the Undyne/Sans fights make it worth the hassle of uncorrupting your game.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

If you look up Slowbeef's evil-run stream he should have a video showing what happens after the final boss.

Although you don't get to see what happens when you tell the kid "no, it's not time to destroy the world" at the end.

I did neutral -> evil -> good, so I unambiguously enjoyed every second of Flowey's terror at the end of the evil route.

But if I ever do the route again it'll be with Cheat Engine because I'm not spending another couple hours just re-memorizing the two boss fights.
    Last edited by stumpy; 2015-10-18 at 11:11 AM.

At which point is the point of no return in a genocide run? I hear removing the "taint" from future playtroughs is pretty hard. How far can I play genocide run until it happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    At which point is the point of no return in a genocide run? I hear removing the "taint" from future playtroughs is pretty hard. How far can I play genocide run until it happens?
    Mettaton is. If you spare Mettaton the run becomes neutral.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Actually the "taint" only becomes official at the very last choice you make. I think the royal-pain-to-remove part doesn't even happen until you try to start a new game again.

That said, if you don't have the Steam version it's just a matter of deleting a file from AppData, and if you do have the Steam version you can circumvent it by playing offline at the end of your next pacifist run.

Just a general fyi, if you try to empty the water cooler by evaporating it all, even though the water goes down, the cooler wont run out of water. It keeps enough in it to make the puddle, then it runs out.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

So I beat the game, I may have stayed up for nearly six hours finishing it.

The true ending was really beautiful and left me feeling more happy and content than any other game has in years, I think it speaks for the game's strength of story.

I don't think I have the heart to do a genocide run, so I'm probably done unless I want to do another pacifist run from a true reset, still, what a game.

is this game on steam?I'm at work so cant check now.

Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    is this game on steam?I'm at work so cant check now.
    Yep, 9 dollars USD for the game, 17 for the game and OST in a bundle (definitely worth it, the soundtrack is amazing)

Quote Originally Posted by Nara Numas View Post
    Yep, 9 dollars USD for the game, 17 for the game and OST in a bundle (definitely worth it, the soundtrack is amazing)
    Ok, thanks! Basically thinking of playing the games with wife around for the story and such. I mean stuff like Monkey Island 3 was great even when you just watched someone else play it.

I made a true reset after keeping a pacifist ending for about a week ;I . I want to see what happens if I do some choices I didnt do last time. Also there are apparently some secrets to be found, if you do some specific stuff. I want to see them too.