Poll: Do Human Males need a tweak?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Everything is bad. The hair. The beards. The animations.

How did anyone at Blizzard think that these look even remotely similar? Look at that hairline! Also the posture is completely different; while the cropping isn't exactly the same, these pictures were taken without moving the camera at all, so the angles are the exact same. You can see how much he's shifted by the head's position relative to background objects.

edit: relevant The Grind
    Last edited by solarfallz; 2015-09-27 at 09:08 AM.

I kinda expected males to look more like this :

And this is how he looks now

Overall, I'm.... 80% happy with my male human (Tho I always go sans beard, so that aspect doesn't bother me), but the faces just look a little too shrek franchise human for my tastes. Not bad, but I just wish they were a bit more "Warcraft RTS cover art" looking instead.

IE THIS:

Instead of this:

>.<;
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

"None, everything is fine with Human Male"

Because I always found them repulsive (say the guy who plays a tauren...).

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Night elf and dwarves also have that bouncy animation. Thats the reason Im playing with old models turned on. For me, problem solved.
    If a bit of bounciness bugs you more than using obnoxiously outdated and low rez models, then you are a unique and odd cat indeed. More likely, you probably 'don't' use the old models or can't due to an aged pc - and you just like to post that you do.

PS - I have no issue with the humans. GJ by Blizz imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Lol that people seriouesly do that, when ever I switch back to old models my eyes start to bleed on the polygons.. the difference is so huge.
    You are probably too young and didnt see Zx spectrum or Comodore 64 graphics, how would you bleed on those?
    For me, animation is all that matters, not number of polygons or shape of eyebrowes on models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    They're perfectly fine, actually I like the bounciness. It feels more realistic than the "COME WIV ME IF YOU VANT TO PVP" roid run they had before.
    Right? It looks soooo robotic. Like a lego man run...
    The beards are egh. But frankly I don't know why so many people play human male... Not for me.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    They just look so incredibly dumb now. Like totally not WarCraft-art cool. A pity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Carize View Post
    If a bit of bounciness bugs you more than using obnoxiously outdated and low rez models, then you are a unique and odd cat indeed. More likely, you probably 'don't' use the old models or can't due to an aged pc - and you just like to post that you do.
    Actually, I have quite good pc, i7 and GF980, thank you for asking.
    And, it is not a bit of bounciness, they bounce a lot comparing to old animations which were much more realistic.
    Obnoxios models? Millions were playing the game for years and were happy with old models and "state of the art graphics" isnt a thing that made WoW so popular...
    Think, Blizzard isnt happy with models too, thats why they made option to turn off new models.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think they are a big improvement on the vanilla models. Every human character I made back in the day I had to hide behind a beard because their faces looked like they been curb stomped!

On that note, I want better humans beards as someone who plays a mage I really wanted to have a huge Gandalf beard or like the mages from Warcraft 2.

I think overall, the faces are fine, its the hairs and beards on male humans that haven't transcended well. ~Which is completely opposite to what the old male models were like lol
    Last edited by Orby; 2015-09-27 at 03:30 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Soloable View Post
    Terrible looking gauntlet/belt sizes and the absolute worst beard options possible. Mix that with the Pandaren-like running animation. Just awful.

Would you guys want Updated Beards and Lower the bouncyness of the animation? Poll above.
    Clearly you haven't tried to make a male blood elf before...

Both.

But the main problem are huge hands. Same with male Orcs and Tauren. Their hands are bigger than their legs... its ridiculous

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The run is especially too bouncy, almost like they want them to seem like a "bruiser" which fits something like a warrior but a body-building mage is just odd. As far as beards, it would be nice to get a true wizard beard, or three.

Deleted
    In general, ALL the playable models, all races and genders are more or less lacking, compared to what other mmo offer nowadays at least.

some of the beards just need to be less...solid looking.

10+ Year Old Account
    human males forever ugly bodybuilding grandpa freaks

My rogue looks like he is one step away from calling the samaritans. All the male faces look pretty glum.

I don't know, I find them to be a vast improvement over the old ones in every aspect. Especially faces. The old ones HAD to be hidden by a beard, otherwise they looked punched in the face and dropped on their head simultaneously.
    The beards and hairstyles are quite nice too. I especially like the Fox one, which didn't even have an animation at all in old models.

The problem with the new models is they look like an amateur did the work. They are not refined or finished. I always choose the old models over the new ones. This post is about males but all the females look like they are angry. When I play a game I want it to be somewhat diff from real life. Every time I look at the armory of all the new models I cringe. They are all to me beyond ugly. If something isn't broken don't fix it unless you can improve upon it. Instead they made them worse.