Which features from the other MMOs will you add to your fave game?

so which features from each of the major MMOs would you add your fave MMO or a super MMO you were to design

e.g.
    the cinematic storytelling of SWTOR
    the very group friendly world pVE fate system of Final fantasy 4
    the housing system of wildstar
    movement animation of EverQuest Next
    Fluid choreography of Prince of persia
    Pet Battles of WoW
    Flying combat of SWTOR's GSF

etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    movement animation of EverQuest Next
    Fluid choreography of Prince of persia
    These two the most. So tired of MMOs like GW2 and STO pretending to have fluid action when in reality it's just dressing ontop of the same-old same-old clunky MMORPG engine (Why are they all so clunky compared to literally every non-MMORPG action game in existence?) You'd think that after 15+ years since PoP and SotC came out, MMORPG devs would've picked up a hint. Apparently not.

I would love a sub token in FFXIV thats like WoW's or matchmaking in destiny thats like WoW/FFXIV's.

But overall I would love all the sub MMO's I like to add a B2p/F2p model of some kind. Other then that I can't think of any features from one MMO I want in another..

If I had to pick I would love WoW/FFXIV to have the same world boss setup as GW2. Nothing was more cool then seeing a world boss fly in destory a hill and land infrout of you.

Edit: I want MMO's to control like Dragon's Dogma.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Nostalgic View Post
    These two the most. So tired of MMOs like GW2 and STO pretending to have fluid action when in reality it's just dressing ontop of the same-old same-old clunky MMORPG engine (Why are they all so clunky compared to literally every non-MMORPG action game in existence?) You'd think that after 15+ years since PoP and SotC came out, MMORPG devs would've picked up a hint. Apparently not.
    I want MMO's to control like Dragon's Dogma.

Download the MMO of DD now. I loved climing on top of a griffen and stabing it in the back.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Why are they all so clunky compared to literally every non-MMORPG action game in existence?) You'd think that after 15+ years since PoP and SotC came out, MMORPG devs would've picked up a hint. Apparently not.
    Because fluid animation and choreography like that is pretty GPU intensive, and having 10+ people to keep track of at the same time in raid situations would make it nearly impossible to do except on the highest end machines.

MMOs need to be accessible to millions of people, one of the ways they ensure that happens is to reduce the graphically intensive things so that more people can play them. Animation is one of them.

I agree with you on the desire for an MMO with great animations, but understand why more don't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Because fluid animation and choreography like that is pretty GPU intensive, and having 10+ people to keep track of at the same time in raid situations would make it nearly impossible to do except on the highest end machines.

MMOs need to be accessible to millions of people, one of the ways they ensure that happens is to reduce the graphically intensive things so that more people can play them. Animation is one of them.

I agree with you on the desire for an MMO with great animations, but understand why more don't do it.
    I really want more MMO's to do this

Standing in one spot and doing 1-6 gets boring and I am slowly enjoying more action style MMO's. GW2/Skyforge and all pretend they are full action games but there only like half way in my opinion.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Scamming, im tired of idiots and casuals getting ocdeled in mmos. If you cant use an ounce of common sense then you should learn the hard way.

some of the gathering and farming and crafting from Archage for GW2 :3
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atelier series crafting please.

Hm. Well, I would like in an MMORPG...

Character customization: Black Desert
    Class/build customization: Path of Exile
    Combat engine: Diablo 3
    Encounter design: World of Warcraft
    Item design: Runes of Magic
    Setting & theme: The Secret World
    Art direction: Crowfall
    World schema: Guild Wars 2
    Narrative: Star Wars: The Old Republic

WoW pet battles, FF14 Triple Triad, Rift mentoring, GW2 dynamic events, Everquest factions, Tera BAMs, WoW mounts, GW2 dyes & outfit customization, SWTOR elite areas, Everquest 1 raid zones, Monster Hunter/Raiderz style crafting, addons (multiple games), Wildstar housing.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I really want more MMO's to do this

youtube;1lPpfhF2IGY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lPpfhF2IGY

Standing in one spot and doing 1-6 gets boring and I am slowly enjoying more action style MMO's. GW2/Skyforge and all pretend they are full action games but there only like half way in my opinion.
    oh wow, did you see how she bladestormed the dogs at about 3:10 into the video? i've always imagined and felt bladestorm should have been that sort of thing rather than a stupid unrealistic spin.

and ofc, i love how she jumps on top of bigger mobs to attack them..reminds me of LOTR the movies - i expect Elves to be able to move like that and rogues of races human size and smaller - can you imagine that as well? like they would pay attention to the racial charactersitics and factor in class to movement and attack animations ?: for e.g. Trolls, Elves in WoW should be able to do that, for nearly all their classes.. in fact in WoW, the agility dexterity required for moves like that is typical of Worgen, Night Elves, Blood elves and Trolls - in that order.

For humans, gnomes, goblins, forsaken, panderan - i'd have only more agile classes like hunters, warriors, rogues able to do that, druids should but they'd be in animal form, except if worgen/night elf/troll. Dwarves..hmm, rogues yes, not sure about warriors, hunters yes. for Orcs - depends, in the wow trailers orc shown can be pretty acrobatic. Monks, nearly everyone would be able to

Another thing I miss terribly, is realistic movement - PoP the way climbing is choreographed, man, again, race/class dependent, the way he jumps on walls etc .. sure hooved races can do a back flip off a wall, but multiple jump sequences? that would be limited to Elves, Worgen, Trolls, humans, gnomes, goblines, forsaken, Pandas - again i'd put dwarf and orcs in the too large or stout category, or at least vary the degree - with exceptions made for certain clasess like rogues and monks.

Like see your animation change when you're walking/running up slope, we always slant our bodies a bit and put more energy into our step, and the angle adjusts based on teh incline.. now we can fly in WoW and some other games, different races can have varying jump heights too, and ofc, ability to climb slopes to access other areas with a proper climbing animation.. I can imagine an Elf/Worgen/Troll springing up a slope and that depends on height of slope, a dwarf on the other hand or gnome getting out climbing gear - so would the others but for much steeper slopes depending on the race.

i expect animation adjustments when walking in vegetation or thorny areas you see a more tip toe like thing or in snow you see a more skitterish feel, and some races more so than others.

Finally back to combat - i have long since really really despised just standing infront of mobs and you are just swinging your weapon and it's supposed to look like combat.. can't they fix that so it at least looks realistic?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    some of the gathering and farming and crafting from Archage for GW2 :3
    actually it would be helpful if you describe what system they used?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    how did crafting in Atelier work?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Hm. Well, I would like in an MMORPG...

Character customization: Black Desert
    Class/build customization: Path of Exile
    Combat engine: Diablo 3
    Encounter design: World of Warcraft
    Item design: Runes of Magic
    Setting & theme: The Secret World
    Art direction: Crowfall
    World schema: Guild Wars 2
    Narrative: Star Wars: The Old Republic

WoW pet battles, FF14 Triple Triad, Rift mentoring, GW2 dynamic events, Everquest factions, Tera BAMs, WoW mounts, GW2 dyes & outfit customization, SWTOR elite areas, Everquest 1 raid zones, Monster Hunter/Raiderz style crafting, addons (multiple games), Wildstar housing.

That's all I can think of at the moment.
    nice.. what was the character customization like in Black Desert and the class/build custoimization in path of Exile? also can you link some pics for Crowfall's art direction?

nice summary too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Doushiyou kana?~ - literally every protagonist when you access the cauldron

Would like that crafting system, especially since it gets more complex the more advanced stuff you make (IF you want high quality stuff that is)

World of Warcraft - micro and macro Phasing (Makes the world feel more alive, and I like making changes to the world. If I blow up a fortress it should be blown up when I look the next time. Not just some fire that goes away after 30s. Phasing can do that.)

how did crafting in Atelier work?
    In most MMOs these days crafting goes along the line of

Health Potion: Peacebloom, Water (made up because)

In Atelier games, you are more likely to find one or more category placeholders in recipes, like
    Health Potion: (Herb) (Liquid)
    so you could use higher quality herbs or liquids from higher level areas.

However, you will also get recipes for ingredients.
    So for (Herb) you could use "dried herbs", which are created from (Herb) (Herb) (Fuel). So you could use 2 different herbs with different properties (one that adds some more healing and one that adds a small MP heal for example) and fuel.
    Now, for the fuel you could use natural fuel like charcoal or, again, use a recipe to make the fuel yourself... you get the drift.

Also, most ingredients have certain attributes that can carry over to the product. Like reducing healing power and cooldown on the potion, or adding healing power but making it a HoT. Adding a short time strength boost on use or having it work against negative status effects as well.
    It's quite fun to try and build the ultimate potion or bomb or w/e with that system.
    Last edited by mmoc30052307fd; 2015-09-28 at 11:41 AM.

Oh I also want the cooking competition from Suikoden II in an MMO.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

that is actually really good Sahugani, Atelier seems to have made a really intuitive system, and the rewards make it certainly worth the effort to learn

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Oh I also want the cooking competition from Suikoden II in an MMO.
    oh, explain that to us will yah?

nice.. what was the character customization like in Black Desert and the class/build custoimization in path of Exile? also can you link some pics for Crowfall's art direction?
    Black Desert character customization.

Path of Exile has not definitive class structure. Players navigate a skill web that is somewhat like Final Fantasy 10's skill system. In addition actual abilities (fireball, shield bash, arrow volley, etc) are not tied to any character- rather abilities use a Final Fantasy 7-like materia system known in Path of Exile as gems.

Path of Exile is an immensely complex game system in all regards. There are few current games of any genre that have as many complex interactions as Path of Exile.

Crowfall art direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Black Desert character customization.

Path of Exile has not definitive class structure. Players navigate a skill web that is somewhat like Final Fantasy 10's skill system. In addition actual abilities (fireball, shield bash, arrow volley, etc) are not tied to any character- rather abilities use a Final Fantasy 7-like materia system known in Path of Exile as gems.

Path of Exile is an immensely complex game system in all regards. There are few current games of any genre that have as many complex interactions as Path of Exile.

Crowfall art direction.
    Crowfall videos are A*, funny, informative, short - did you watch the VFX vid? Love definitely is the answer to every thing. A team effort was quite funny to watch

Gosh, was looking at the Black Desert character animation, and, it's really cool, you can do so much stuff with it, i could spend days making my perfect toon, Me . What other cool stuff you been hiding Fence?

- - - Updated - - -

i can do like how FFXIV divides their quest system, guildleve quests, class quests, and they take the time to explain them in the game setting for the system you see them to be rather than just plunck them there, makes you feel more immersive and that you're part of a civilization as well.