Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    If you're going to give it 3 episodes you may as well see the season through, after all it's only 6 episodes.
    To be fair... When I say "I'll give it three episodes" I don't mean I'll watch for three and then stop. I just mean if it's not done anything horrifically wrong within those three I'll keep watching.

I can only think of one show recently that has failed the three episode test, Supergirl. Although Dark Matter came very close, but pulled it back with an AWESOME third episode.
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2015-11-17 at 03:26 PM.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    I heard Sarah Bolger is in this. Just might need to check this out
    What did I just watch her in... something with Olivia Wilde and Evan Peters. Hot enough to make me go look her up.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    What did I just watch her in... something with Olivia Wilde and Evan Peters. Hot enough to make me go look her up.
    Check out the shooting she did with Esquire.

15+ Year Old Account
    It was okay. Good fight correography, hollow dialogue, slightly abstract and convoluted plot.

Basically, combine NBC's Revolution with Kung Fu and throw in a splash of Heroes and a dash of basic cable violence.

I'll see how it looks after a few episodes, but I don't have very high hopes.

No love for episode two eh?

The show is on a upward trajectory.

I think as soon as they are done introducing all the main characters the show will be quite good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Liked episode 2. It was basically more of the same, slightly furthered the plot, but nothing major. Fights were INSANE, as expected. Veil was super hot, for the 30 seconds she got on screen and the main arc of the series begind. Sunny trains MK, then Sunny, MK and Veil flee 'Into the Badlands'

One thing I noticed:

This show is a twisted retelling of Journey to the West: Sunny is Sun Wu Kong, AKA The Monkey King . Of course MK could also be Monkey King, but I prefer Sunny

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Liking this show. It feels like a genre that hasn't been given the royal treatment for a decade or two.

But everytime I hear him called Sunny i think of this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-KVnajR3X0

its hard to really appreciate the seriousness of the show when you have that song in your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Liked episode 2. It was basically more of the same, slightly furthered the plot, but nothing major. Fights were INSANE, as expected. Veil was super hot, for the 30 seconds she got on screen and the main arc of the series begind. Sunny trains MK, then Sunny, MK and Veil flee 'Into the Badlands'

One thing I noticed:

This show is a twisted retelling of Journey to the West: Sunny is Sun Wu Kong, AKA The Monkey King . Of course MK could also be Monkey King, but I prefer Sunny
    Maaaaan, the kid's real name better not be Son Goku!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    Maaaaan, the kid's real name better not be Son Goku!!!
    Nah the kid won't.

Sunny's might be, but the kid's wont.

I just stumbled across this show today, and it was a very good watch.

I hate the type of world they're living in ofc, to the core, where only strength is valued, like fighting well is the only worthwhile thing, disregarding how special and quite unique everyone is and made to shine in diverse areas. But ofc, when you live like that, it's no surprising your world feels so miserable

They do a fantastic job in making it feel real, and i love the action.. i keep wishing video games could capture that sort of choreography and fighting, .. i don't see why not

dodge buttons or characters dodging blows don't always have to look simple.. or like in wow, you see the blow always land, they could move out of the way and they grow in levels you get more fancy animations - the video game that can have their characters combat look and feel like this at max level ... would be a massive hit.

engaging mysterious plot too. AMC always do some really nice stuff. SHame they cancelled Rubicon. But Walking Dead is still going on although i'm like 2 seasons behind.

For those watching and like, what show would you compare it most to. And does it seem like the show has legs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    For those watching and like, what show would you compare it most to. And does it seem like the show has legs?
    First question: Can't really compare it to anything, it's quite a strange mix... It's basically Monkey, but set in a post apocalyptic kinda steampunk universe, if that description doesn't immediately grab you by the throat and refuse to let go, then the show isn't for you .

Second question: Yes, the show has many many legs and they're all kicking someone in the face.

First question: Can't really compare it to anything, it's quite a strange mix... It's basically Monkey, but set in a post apocalyptic kinda steampunk universe, if that description doesn't immediately grab you by the throat and refuse to let go, then the show isn't for you .

Second question: Yes, the show has many many legs and they're all kicking someone in the face.
    lol.. after having watched it so far, that description did not grab me by the throat at all, and i'd have felt it do be boring if that was all i had to go by, But i watched it and I loved it, lapped it up.

and totally agree to point 2, the show has lots of legs

no one's done something like this before for a tv show right? i mean not to this degree, the closest was Nikita, but it's quite modern, rather than apocalyptic /nuvo medieval.. you're use to seeing this sort of thing in a chinese/jap kung fu film, not a series, it's totally cool to see this.. even though Wu is the only american of far east asian descent in there - in fact all the actors are american - but the martial arts stuff makes it feel very chinese/jap fighting film. but instead a series

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    but the martial arts stuff makes it feel very chinese/jap fighting film. but instead a series
    Well one of the EP's who also happens to be the fight director is Stephen Fung, who has directed a fair few martial arts movies in the past. He also made all the principle actors take a "Martial Arts Bootcamp" before they started filming, to make sure they were up to the challenge. I think it's small things like this that make the action so good.

Well one of the EP's who also happens to be the fight director is Stephen Fung, who has directed a fair few martial arts movies in the past. He also made all the principle actors take a "Martial Arts Bootcamp" before they started filming, to make sure they were up to the challenge. I think it's small things like this that make the action so good.
    yeah.. you can see it.. it's really good.

Monkey?

And good to hear it seems like it can last a while. I will likely check it out

some folks are just predisposed to hate this kind of thing. as soon as "kung fu" came out of my mouth, my friend said "no". but, i love it. it's exactly what TV is missing. not another crime procedural.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    Monkey?

And good to hear it seems like it can last a while. I will likely check it out
    Yeah, it's an awesome but cheesy AF show from the 60's. It's based on Journey to the West (which also gave us DBZ, but don't hold that against it). It has a very similar feel to Into the Badlands (but obviously NOWHERE near as well produced, although the fighting is great), but if far truer to the source material.

You can pick it up on DvD for dirt cheap, or find it in... Other places

No idea how to judge this show atm. The action is great but the plot is ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. I like the palette though! By the title I was expecting a Mad Maxesque tableaux but the use of colour is really welcome.....if often cheesy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    By the title I was expecting a Mad Maxesque tableaux but the use of colour is really welcome.....if often cheesy.
    yeah, title sounds more madmax/borderlands, but every teaser i saw made it abundantly clear that this was neither.