Deleted

Smile Returning to SWTOR

So... As the title implies, i've been pondering returning to Star Wars: The Old Republic.
    In my opinion it's always been a really interesting game, with pleasant gameplay, but I never really had anyone to play it with. Playing, deleting and then re-installing has been a pattern since release back in the day.

What i'm getting at, is whether it's worth coming back or if it's in such rapid decline that I shouldn't get within 10 feet of it?
    Any resident SWTOR gamers' opinions would be appreciated

10+ Year Old Account
    There's an expansion coming out in like 3 weeks that you get for free if you so subscribe (so basically it costs 15 dollars) and you also get the two previous expansions. So it's kinda dead right now, but it will pick back up soon.

As for the game itself, personally I play it as kind of a single player experience and I really enjoy it. If you are looking for a MMO that can hold your attention for months like WoW does (or at least used to), then I would say SWTOR maybe isn't the best game, but if you enjoy the story and exploring more of the Star Wars universe then I think you should make a return.

Deleted
    Then again, I played until the end of the first expansion (Rise of the Hutt Cartel) and I remember there being huge amounts of players, instant dungeon queues and lots of guilds (both PvP and PvE related). Is that still the case? Are people still active on the fleets and out in the world?

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCrawdad View Post
    Then again, I played until the end of the first expansion (Rise of the Hutt Cartel) and I remember there being huge amounts of players, instant dungeon queues and lots of guilds (both PvP and PvE related). Is that still the case? Are people still active on the fleets and out in the world?
    It is. Well the queues, guilds and fleet part. The outside world I visit are mostly the daily zones. And they are also active. I wish they weren't though, it'll be faster to do dailies with less people around :P

Keep in mind the expansion will bring some pretty substantial changes, it probably won't be the same SWTOR you remember in a month.

EDIT: Just realized that you might be talking about low level dungeons - I don't think people do them all that much anymore, I know I don't, but I could be wrong.

Deleted
    Was thinking of Foundry and up + HM's.

still, it's good to hear that the game is doing well. Think i'm gonna finish up the download and jump back in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCrawdad View Post
    Was thinking of Foundry and up + HM's.

still, it's good to hear that the game is doing well. Think i'm gonna finish up the download and jump back in.

Well sounds like you don't need convincing...but yeah, I resubbed awhile back and have just recently had the time to play it. I can honestly say I'm glad I subbed because I am having a lot of fun. According to forums and the Fleet chat, this game is dead...but its been like that since launch. The XP Boost means I can level some alts on the Republic in record time, and Warzones are still fun as always. I can't comment much on PvE because I just have never gotten into it (still haven't ever been in an Operation). But its worth my $15...at least until Fallout 4! =0

Sub and you get the 12x XP bonus from story missions so a lot of players don't do anything outside of the story missions and the occasional Kuat Drive Yard run to break it up and get a level or two here and there so they stay ahead of the curve.

As others have already said, the Star Wars Universe and stories that you can explore here as a single player experience are in and of itself worth the sub fee. The multiplayer stuff is just a bonus IMO.

The expansion coming out later this month is going to change a LOT of stuff. Here's a link that goes over some of the highlights (or for some people, possibly lowlights):
    http://dulfy.net/2015/09/30/swtor-kn...ream-coverage/

I'm excited about the expansion but am a little anxious to see how some of those changes affect the game as a whole but the level 60+ content sounds amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just read up on the coming changes on Oct 20th and I will probably be coming back myself. Here are the highlights for me and why Ill be returning after Oct 20th

- KotFE will be given to all Subs
    - Companion overhaul, gear no longer affecting companions allowing them to be dressed as you wish. All 3 roles given to all companions so you can use the ones you like.
    - Solo mode added to older FP's tuned for single person play (totally love this I cannot stress that enough)
    - Tactical mode added to all FP's so you can run them with role neutral groups like KDY
    - Leveling overhaul allowing you to only need to complete story, expansion, and major planetary missions to level, side quests becoming completely optional.

The Xpac also boasts a huge emphasis on story and "decisions that matter". That will remain to be seen, but I can say the changes I listed above are certainly enough for me to come back and have fun with new characters.
    Last edited by philefluxx; 2015-10-02 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    - Leveling overhaul allowing you to only need to complete story, expansion, and major planetary missions to level, side quests becoming completely optional.
    Wait, sauce for this? I know they mentioned they were overhauling/updating leveling, but I don't remember any specifics about it like you mention >.>

Oh shit son, that's brilliant! Another MMO where it feels like 3-4 years after launch it's finally hitting its stride. Now I don't need to worry so much about leveling characters before 12x experience ends, that's a huge relief.

7+ Year Old Account
    I love the story so it is best to come back!